Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleri View Post
    As someone who's still working on gearing up a new main when 4.0.1 hits, I'm curious--how much do, say, T9 and T10 cost in Justice Points?
    save them badges for cata

    soon, that event will start and u can get some nice 251 starter gear

    ---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 02:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Phuxx View Post
    what does mine say?!?
    AWESOME!

    what does mine say!?

    ---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 02:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Tank threat buff is TOO MUCH! Same as NOW?? NO put the threat game back to TBC level and EVERYONE will be happy! The bads will learn, the goods will finally have a good game.

    as a tank, i think i would absolutely hate to have to worry about a rogue trixing me

    i get that rogues have only one other thing to worry about(poisons on weapons)

    call me old fashioned, i guess

  2. #222
    This is a pretty typical "let them eat cake" response that we have come to know and hate from Blizzard. I swear on a stack of Bibles, the customer service, or lack thereof, will be this games undoing. Cataclysm isn't anywhere near polished. I'd say they will need at least 3 months to get things right. If they release this POS with the current level of hatred the company has for the player-base, with the lack of timely communication about the state of bugs and imbalances, coupled with the anemic in-game Game Master system and ABYSSMAL phone support, there will be such a huge January backlash against the once mighty Blizzard that the entire industry will sit up and take notice.
    Last edited by tenzing21; 2010-10-07 at 04:43 PM.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Tank threat buff is TOO MUCH! Same as NOW?? NO put the threat game back to TBC level and EVERYONE will be happy! The bads will learn, the goods will finally have a good game.
    Actually, they took the tanking notes from the best of the highest end raiding guilds. Currently, tanks can't keep aggro on a boss after a minute or two (at lvl 80), so after a couple weeks of deliberating about how to fix the issue, blizzard increased the threat modifier. When cataclysm hits, they'll probably change the modifier back to a level that's more fun for the tank, but until then, it was a necessary change. These tanks are the best of the best, and working with dps that's just as good, blizzard didn't get these numbers from nubs.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    its nothing new, they mentioned this months ago when they brought up shared raid ids etc. but like others have said, as long as u cant buy tier (in cata) with points its all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by guice View Post
    Btw, Tier 11 gear is bought with Valor Points (with the exception of a couple items). Check the links posted for details on those.
    The answer has already been posted.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

  5. #225
    Warchief Bantokar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denmark/USA
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    Mmmmm Old content crucifixion... Oh great, I knew they'd ruin Raiding, they lied about the 10/25. I remember an earlier post saying that 10 and 25 are gonna have shared loot, and a shared lockout, and just become a preference of how many people you raid with. I guess that was a big fat lie, because 25m are gonna reward more Points now.

    And I also love how we're gonna have to farm the same Raids for 3 months before we get Geared, I quit.
    They said the ilvl would be the same in 10/25.

    They said that there would be incentives to run 25 man still, like more drops and more points.

    Gearing will actually not be facerolling easy anymore..

    I can see how wotlk only players are going to have a very tough time when things actually become demanding again, don´t let the door hit your butt on the way out.
    8 year olds Dude.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    Mmmmm Old content crucifixion... Oh great, I knew they'd ruin Raiding, they lied about the 10/25. I remember an earlier post saying that 10 and 25 are gonna have shared loot, and a shared lockout, and just become a preference of how many people you raid with. I guess that was a big fat lie, because 25m are gonna reward more Points now.

    And I also love how we're gonna have to farm the same Raids for 3 months before we get Geared, I quit.
    You're either wrong or lying. They always said that 10 and 25 man were sharing loot tables, but indicated from the beginning that 25 man would drop more gear (relatively speaking... so if 10 man drops one piece per boss, 25 will drop three or four) and award more points. That's how they intend to prevent the total death of 25 man raiding. From the earliest raiding first looks that's what they've said. You get the same stuff at both raid levels, but you get more of it at 25.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Does the 'daily heroic' mean just the first for the day, or as many as you want?

    Makes more sense for it to be just once a day.
    It'll be Like frost badgers now. First hero dunge you do per day
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    It's like playing a game of chess, but instead of using the pieces to play, the goal is to shit on the board. The one who produces a larger turd wins.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Phive View Post
    save them badges for cata

    soon, that event will start and u can get some nice 251 starter gear
    I sure could go for a lot less in the way of people telling me how to spend my $15/month. What's it to any of you that I like to collect a full set of armor from each tier? But I mention that I'm still buying them and get jumped and told to "go do old content and achievements" for two months.... Like I need to futz around in UBRS for the dozenth time. Ha. I'll say it again: Cata is two months away. There's plenty of time in that two months to run enough heroics to buy whatever you can off the JP vendor AND a full set of T10. And let's not forget that the JP vendor isn't even going to be selling the "good" Cata gear, hey?

    At any rate... getting a full set of D1, D2, T1, T2, D3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, and T10 on a character that just hit 80 a week or so ago is an achievement to me, so please just answer the question and stop trying to give a veteran player advice on how to spend her subscription money. ^^d It's a new main, I'm not a new player.

    To rich3023--the one guy with three whole posts on page 11 who DID answer me--thanks a ton! <3

  9. #229
    I know there was a blue post that you could earn unlimited JP in a week but never (after the soft cap expires in 4.0.3) have more than 4000. VP were the inverse - no capacity cap but limits on VP/Week.

    I read posters saying the VP/week cap is 4000. Is that correct? A cap of (4000/75) i.e. 53 raid bosses a week doesn't seem like much of a cap. Is there a blue post on this; I could easily have just missed it. What is the cap?

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz View Post
    I'm not too sure about Heroics awarding the same as Raids.. we'll have to see how it is in action first
    This is just for WotLK though, Cata raids award the bettert points used to buy tier gear, while heroics provide the lower points needed to buy the blue stuff.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleri View Post
    I sure could go for a lot less in the way of people telling me how to spend my $15/month. What's it to any of you that I like to collect a full set of armor from each tier? But I mention that I'm still buying them and get jumped and told to "go do old content and achievements" for two months.... Like I need to futz around in UBRS for the dozenth time. Ha. I'll say it again: Cata is two months away. There's plenty of time in that two months to run enough heroics to buy whatever you can off the JP vendor AND a full set of T10. And let's not forget that the JP vendor isn't even going to be selling the "good" Cata gear, hey?

    At any rate... getting a full set of D1, D2, T1, T2, D3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, and T10 on a character that just hit 80 a week or so ago is an achievement to me, so please just answer the question and stop trying to give a veteran player advice on how to spend her subscription money. ^^d It's a new main, I'm not a new player.

    To rich3023--the one guy with three whole posts on page 11 who DID answer me--thanks a ton! <3
    OMG!!! HOW DARE THEY GIVE YOU A GOOD SUGGESTION ON PREPARING FOR CATA!!!1

    You can go ahead and be a garbage player all you want, but don't be a self-righteous bitch about it.

    I'm going to go ahead and say what everyone who reads this inane post is thinking: Shut the fuck up, no one cares.
    Last edited by Covane; 2010-10-07 at 06:38 PM.

  12. #232

    LoL

    Quote Originally Posted by janin View Post
    So....if we turn off experience gain form the little gobbo in SW (for example)....we can farm LK heroics for points?

    ...just saying

    But why would you want to do that!! You would want to hurry to get to 81 and start gettn the 75 pts a run instead of 12...right!? Especially seeing that the new low end tier stuff will cost you hundreds of pts to begin with...

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by gfenixlon View Post
    I hate to create an account and use caps but:

    THERE IT WILL BE A CAP FOR VALOR POINTS WEEKLY!!

    So you can do 10 man and a few heroics and you get the same than 25.

    Actually i think the cap will be betwen 1200-1500 VP per week.

    (full aproximately 15 bosses run 10 man = 1125 VP)
    (full aproximately 15 bosses run 25 man = 1575 VP)

    My english is not my primary language sorry

    PD: I dont remember the exact number of all raid bosses
    The number of bosses is going to be lower, but the upside is that there'll be more raids. Currently MMO-Champ has the bosses listed for two Raids, Blackwing Descent & Bastion of Twilight. BD has 6 bosses, BoT has 4 (5th on hardmade or something similar). Its possible Throne of the Four Winds will be available at launch as well, though currently the Achieve for it list only 2 boss encounters. So, if you're able to run all of them, that's 12 bosses to clear (not sure if multi-boss encounters will grant points per boss, but its unlikely, since Blood council doesn't give you 6 Frost).

    Also, don't forget Baradin Hold as well. Not sure how it'll shape up, but if it's like VoA, you'll have 1 boss per Tier that'll give you points.

  14. #234
    The point is - there will be a cap on the amount of points you can collect in a week (unless they changed their mind on that). Someone doing 10m raiding will still need to do all their dailies etc etc etc to reach the cap for the week. Those doing 25m are likely to reach cap purely from a full clear of the relevant tier of content so it's much more time efficient for getting to the weekly cap.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Covane View Post
    You can go ahead and be a garbage player all you want, but don't be a self-righteous bitch about it.
    And what exactly is it about having some T10 in my bank that I can pull out in two years when someone says "remember Icecrown?" that makes me a garbage player? It's not like I'm sacrificing a thing. Like I said, you're acting like we're not going to have two months to load up on JP to buy every last tiny little scrap of item we could possibly want. Your troll attempt was almost cute. Almost.

  16. #236
    Am I calculating the following correctly?

    There are 8 Heroic 5-man dungeons in Cataclysm. Let's assume that, like WotLK, there are an average of four bosses per dungeon (I know one has seven).

    Heroic 5-man Cataclysm bosses award 75 Justice Points.

    Therefore, if you grind all eight heroics in a day, you'll receive 2400 Justice Points.

    According to the prices listed recently (I can't post links yet), items cost the following:

    Head: 2200
    Chest: 2200
    Legs: 2200
    Shoulders: 1650
    Gloves: 1650
    Belt: 1650
    Neck: 1250
    Off-Hand: 950

    Total: 13750 Justice Points.


    13750 / 2400 = 5.7

    So assuming an average of four bosses per Heroic 5-man, and completing all eight 5-mans each day, it would take roughly 6 days to acquire all Tier 11 gear, with the exception of main-hand, boots, rings and trinkets.

    Am I correct in this?

  17. #237
    Brewmaster catbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    london, england
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by CloseTheWorld View Post
    Am I calculating the following correctly?

    There are 8 Heroic 5-man dungeons in Cataclysm. Let's assume that, like WotLK, there are an average of four bosses per dungeon (I know one has seven).

    Heroic 5-man Cataclysm bosses award 75 Justice Points.

    Therefore, if you grind all eight heroics in a day, you'll receive 2400 Justice Points.

    According to the prices listed recently (I can't post links yet), items cost the following:

    Head: 2200
    Chest: 2200
    Legs: 2200
    Shoulders: 1650
    Gloves: 1650
    Belt: 1650
    Neck: 1250
    Off-Hand: 950

    Total: 13750 Justice Points.


    13750 / 2400 = 5.7

    So assuming an average of four bosses per Heroic 5-man, and completing all eight 5-mans each day, it would take roughly 6 days to acquire all Tier 11 gear, with the exception of main-hand, boots, rings and trinkets.

    Am I correct in this?
    Yeah, but remember how quickly Emblems of Honour became useless as well (excluding heirlooms)?

    It's all about the Valour, baby.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    Yeah, but remember how quickly Emblems of Honour became useless as well (excluding heirlooms)?

    It's all about the Valour, baby.
    I agree, but I was primarily thinking along the lines of using Justice Points to quickly gear out for 10/25 man content.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by CloseTheWorld View Post
    Am I calculating the following correctly?

    There are 8 Heroic 5-man dungeons in Cataclysm. Let's assume that, like WotLK, there are an average of four bosses per dungeon (I know one has seven).

    Heroic 5-man Cataclysm bosses award 75 Justice Points.

    Therefore, if you grind all eight heroics in a day, you'll receive 2400 Justice Points.

    According to the prices listed recently (I can't post links yet), items cost the following:

    Head: 2200
    Chest: 2200
    Legs: 2200
    Shoulders: 1650
    Gloves: 1650
    Belt: 1650
    Neck: 1250
    Off-Hand: 950

    Total: 13750 Justice Points.


    13750 / 2400 = 5.7

    So assuming an average of four bosses per Heroic 5-man, and completing all eight 5-mans each day, it would take roughly 6 days to acquire all Tier 11 gear, with the exception of main-hand, boots, rings and trinkets.

    Am I correct in this?
    You are NOT correct in this. T11 gear = epic gear only acquirable with VALOR points. You can only get 75 valor points a day from running heroics. Your numbers are more accurate if you were referring to getting all available vendor blues.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    That means we're guaranteed 3-4 blues at 85 as long we max the JP.
    Make that 2 items....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •