Lightbulb Idea: to help with mobility, mudslide!

Heyo! 1st off i gotta say to Omanley on his post for enhancement utilizing spears. great idea dude! Very inventive.

---backstory---
    I've been watching my roommate play some pre-made 85s on beta, and i have got to say... I am LOVING the way s-priests use mind-spike and how moonkins use lunar shower. I split my time between 3 classes, those being, druid(moonkin, bear); shaman(enhance, ele); priest(all 3). After geeking out to the sheer numbers from fulmination I started thinking... "hey! where is the shams mobile spam attack?" moonkins and spriests were beautifully fixed in terms of mobility. So here is my idea, hopefully this will be read by a dev. still have 2 months! *fingers crossed*

---idea---
    --Mudslide! You shock your target with earth and water causing XXXX dmg.
    this will have no CD and do about 1/2 of earth shocks damage. Plus it would be a frost/nature damage similar to how mindspike and frostfire bolt works. Possibly make it high threat to encourage it's use on a situational basis?

--use for enhancement--
    this would be a great way to help us out when we are on our way to the boss, moving between adds, or chasing a player in pvp. IMO, this will be a good compliment to out melee abilities and further capitalize on the battlemage class that an enhancement shaman is. Also.... this would be the perfect "mark" for enhancement shamans! There might need to be some sort of debuff associated with the spell, but it could be used as a mark for your searing totem/fire ele. Either that or blizz can give us a pet bar for those abilities. (I hear that's been fought for since BC)

--use for elemental--
    add a deep talent to work off this spell. like: each time u cast mudslide it's damage is increased by 45% and mana cost is reduced by 30%. stacks up to 3 times, lasts for 3 seconds. can only stack when u are moving. (this is a straight copy from the moonkin's lunar shower. pretty sure the numbers on this would need to be changed. like damage increased by 20% instead of 45% per stack?)
    this would greatly help elemental when they have to move out of the fire / follow a boss / whatever requires movement since all main abilities require the ele to be static. Not only that but it would make them shine for those occasional needs of range tanking. With the rock-bitter imbue + this spell + frost shock they could easily take care of fights like keleseth in the blood prince council. I could also see some fun use of this in 5mans: shaman spams mudslide on a heavy hitting melee mob (to help mitigate damage on the tank), mob chases shaman, he kites and controls the mob by pushing it back with thunderstorm, slowing/rooting it with earthbind, slowing/adding threat with frost shock, etc.

this spell could be just what a shaman needs to gain that extra situational mobility... and it just sounds plain cool! Hurling a giant wave of mud at your enemies? Yes please!

Also, the following idea isn't my own, but i certainly like it and want it.---Make Static Shock a 100% proc, tied to storm strike. Not only does it make it a real "storm" strike, i imagine there would be some tough work around since stormstrike already applies a debuff. You can do it blizz! It also takes away some RNG, which we have way to much of anyways.

the best way i would see to make it "high threat" is to make it change slight based off weapon imbues:

Flametongue: Gives a percent damage increase, better for high mobility that the only concern is numbers.
    Frostbrand: High threat, but less than frost shock. Think of it like Devastate VS Shield Slam, yeah you use Devastate more, but shield slam just has way to much threat tied to it to ignore. Also if a shaman is tanking, more than likely they will be kiting as well (Vashj in BC, and one of the new 5 man bosses in Cata). Plus remember when frostbrand is on a weapon UE is a taunt, so it ties in better.

Just my thoughts.

Considering that now when we move we wont be using spells such as earth shock and maybe flame shock since we need the CD up/don't have 9 stacks of LS this would be a great addition. It of course needs some fine tuning but overall it is a pretty good idea. The only sad thing is that with Cataclysm release so soon I doubt that Blizzard would even consider adding a spell like this into the game.

Theres this thing called spiritwalkers grace, it lets you cast on the move. Shammys really dont need a new spell for mobility, they just need a lower cd on grace.

Quote Originally Posted by One2Three View Post
    the best way i would see to make it "high threat" is to make it change slight based off weapon imbues:

Flametongue: Gives a percent damage increase, better for high mobility that the only concern is numbers.
    Frostbrand: High threat, but less than frost shock. Think of it like Devastate VS Shield Slam, yeah you use Devastate more, but shield slam just has way to much threat tied to it to ignore. Also if a shaman is tanking, more than likely they will be kiting as well (Vashj in BC, and one of the new 5 man bosses in Cata). Plus remember when frostbrand is on a weapon UE is a taunt, so it ties in better.

Just my thoughts.

that's a great idea. it would be pretty fun to have another shock-like attack that works off of imbues. Unlike spiritwalker's grace, this could be a situational barrage attack available at all times. As well as undispellable (since it would be a spell that you would use, as opposed to a self applied magical buff). Having certain weapon imbues alter it's effect could prove not only more fun, but add a more intelligent use to the spell=D Will i use this certain imbue in tandem to add a dot to the target? how about a high threat attack? or maybe this other weapon imbue that will slow the target's casting speed?
    Last edited by airbornehippie; 2010-10-08 at 04:31 AM.