Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    Actually some of the best guilds raid 3 nights a week. It's not how much you play it's how you utilize the time you have. The guild I'm in now raids 2-3 nights a week and we are much farther than a guild I was with that raided 5-6 nights a week.
    I'm no hardcore raider an I wouldn't do hardmodes, but I'm not an idiot and mechanics are easy to adjust to. It's how you communicate with each person in your guild runs that ends up being the deciding factor. No individual can get the raid done for you
    I dont think you actually read the whole of my post before replying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I'd like to see how many of the people that call WotLK faceroll got Yogg +1 when it was fresh content. Or TotGC Anub. Or Hard Mode LK.

How about you go turn off the precious buff and try do hard modes? Or LK?

Thought so.
    Again, 1 hard encounter in a raid does not mean the rest of the content is not a joke.

OP had absolutely zero weight to their argument. All but certain they have only played wrath. You have no frame of reference if all you have seen is wrath.

There is a good reason why raids had to fill so many holes - a huge chunk of the older raiders left the game because it was so damned boring! PvP sucked, heroics were a joke(FROM DAY 1!), Naxx was recycled, and after Ulduar there was nothing. We were already losing core raiders before Ulduar even came out.

WotLK was an enormous failure in most of the veteran's minds. Yes, a lot of newcomers liked it, but most did not know any better. You are not wrong if you liked wrath, but stop trying to convince the people that expected better that they are mistaken. We know why we stopped playing, not you.

I'd like to see how many of the people that call WotLK faceroll got Yogg +1 when it was fresh content. Or TotGC Anub. Or Hard Mode LK.

How about you go turn off the precious buff and try do hard modes? Or LK?

Thought so.
    None of the scrubs could possibly do any of those things those are the few things that are "hard" in wrath. I bet you dont turn off the buff and do LKHM or yogg + 1 when fresh content and neither did I. If I had an oppurtunity I garuntee you I could do that fight as I am not as retarded as alot of the Wow Population. So how about before QQing that myself and others on the forum are shit as we cant do certain bosses try to contribute something worthwhile to the thread. Its called discussion.

Thought so.

Also read the above post by Roose.
    Last edited by NightHaawk; 2010-10-07 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Roose
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    None of the scrubs could possibly do any of those things those are the few things that are "hard" in wrath. I bet you dont turn off the buff and do LKHM or yogg + 1 when fresh content and neither did I. If I had an oppurtunity I garuntee you I could do that fight as I am not as retarded as alot of the Wow Population. So how about before QQing that myself and others on the forum are shit as we cant do certain bosses try to contribute something worthwhile to the thread. Its called discussion.

Thought so.

Also read the above post by Roose.
    All I heard was neither did I mixed with very basic spelling mistakes, meaning you're probably one of those scrubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I heard was neither did I mixed with very basic spelling mistakes, meaning you're probably one of those scrubs.
    Ok, read my post then if your too good to read spelling errors...or gtfo and go back to Sesame Street. Big Bird is waiting for his trunk job.

Yep sure am 4/12 is a big challenge for me /sarcasm off

As you would have seen in my previous posts I have cleared almost all of the Heroic content in ICC some before and some after the 20% buff but all before the 30%. Regardless of when I did it I did it when it was top content therefore I can tell you just how unchallenging things were compared to BC.

And yes this is the internet spelling will not be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Again, 1 hard encounter in a raid does not mean the rest of the content is not a joke.

OP had absolutely zero weight to their argument. All but certain they have only played wrath. You have no frame of reference if all you have seen is wrath.

There is a good reason why raids had to fill so many holes - a huge chunk of the older raiders left the game because it was so damned boring! PvP sucked, heroics were a joke(FROM DAY 1!), Naxx was recycled, and after Ulduar there was nothing. We were already losing core raiders before Ulduar even came out.

WotLK was an enormous failure in most of the veteran's minds. Yes, a lot of newcomers liked it, but most did not know any better. You are not wrong if you liked wrath, but stop trying to convince the people that expected better that they are mistaken. We know why we stopped playing, not you.
    I'm sorry that you didn't have the stomach for a little change and variety. You are one of the people that quit when the going gets tough, you are one of the people that can't hack it when something changes for the benefit of the "casuals" (no shit, blizz only make hmm 98% of their money from casuals but hey).

What did expect from wrath? A challenge? there have been plenty. Quality instances? Ulduar rocked everyones world, and yet you say "Wrath" was boring. More like you heard they were changing the badges structure with the release of totc and fucked off rather than see casuals get an easy ride again. I have no problem with casuals getting their way because i'll always be above them in progress, but I suppose if you give up because you get bored then it's your choice. I will say however if you gave up that you have no right to post on these foums all teary eyed about the way wrath turned out when you quit halfway through. GG

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I'd like to know where you got your statistics.

The entire post is so delusional, what point is the OP trying to make?

Hes obviously making up statistics referring to HIS OWN guild. Get it?

The point he trying to make is loud and clear. Actually, he can't be any more straight forward. Maybe you need to read things twice.

Anyways, i enjoyed this read and i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma View Post
    I'm sorry that you didn't have the stomach for a little change and variety. You are one of the people that quit when the going gets tough, you are one of the people that can't hack it when something changes for the benefit of the "casuals" (no shit, blizz only make hmm 98% of their money from casuals but hey).

What did expect from wrath? A challenge? there have been plenty. Quality instances? Ulduar rocked everyones world, and yet you say "Wrath" was boring. More like you heard they were changing the badges structure with the release of totc and fucked off rather than see casuals get an easy ride again. I have no problem with casuals getting their way because i'll always be above them in progress, but I suppose if you give up because you get bored then it's your choice. I will say however if you gave up that you have no right to post on these foums all teary eyed about the way wrath turned out when you quit halfway through. GG
    I still subscribe to WoW and still enjoy WoW but wrath was easily the worst xpac yet, for more hardcore raiders and for casuals. There were literally only a few good fights in wrath. The only quality instances in wotlk were ulduar and 2 of the ICC 5 mans imo. That does not save this expansion though. Blizz screwed over hardcore raiders by giving them crappy, undertuned content for most of the xpac, and screwed over more casual players by giving them access to crap raid content. It would seem that Blizz was so concerned in making sure that the most players would get access to endgame, and spending so much time making sure nothing would be too hard that quality took a big hit. Besides ulduar, no raid in wotlk could hold a candle to BC raids, but at least more people got to see them!

While its true less players got to see endgame in BC, at least the content they did get was quality, fun, challenging content with high replay value if you will, that does not exist in wotlk. And if making raids more accessible to the largest portion of the player base had been a good idea, surely there would have been player growth in the game, but there was not. Blizz has not really lost subscribers, but not gained any either, which points to a big problem. There were more, happier players in BC. And that is the formula they are going back to because BC grew their player base by leaps and bounds. I say good riddance to wrath and bring on cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma View Post

I have no idea what you are talking about. The only thing that you reference that I mentioned was Ulduar and you even twisted that - "nothing after Ulduar" in other words, Ulduar was the one thing up to par.

Never mentioned anything about casuals or badges. You must have me confused with someone else.

98% of players are casuals? No. However, I most definitely classify as one now. Which further bewilders me because that would mean that I should have loved the expansion.

Yes, I do stop playing a game when I get bored. WoW is not mandatory. Congrats for "sticking it out" through the whole expansion. WotLK was my anti-WoW and made grad school much easier. I guess it was the best expansion ever in that context.

- just tanked Stonecore and it was far better and more engaging than any 5 man in LK by miles. Made me smile
    Last edited by Roose; 2010-10-07 at 04:40 AM.

raiding steadily since nax with my guild i found raiding to pretty much be anything but faceroll, so im inclined to agree with the OP on this. I also know people who havnt gotten to see the inside of the place yet and once saw a scrubby little freshly dinged 80 with AH blues and heroic level epics sporting a weapon i fought and wiped every week for back in the toc era. a mighty /facepalm ensued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Yes LKHM is something that scrubs leveling through the dungeon system will NOT achieve but you also need to understand that in BC seeing someone in Sunwell gear you actually respected them as a good raider. Now you walk through Dal and people only recently hiting 80 can have 277's from Gunship Marrow Rotface and Val as those and more fights are pugged everyday on my server. So imagine in BC if a recently dinged 70 could run around in full sunwell gear with the legendary bow. Didn't happen.

My point is gear needs to mean something and be hard to get. One way of doing that is making the content less faceroll so idiot pugs and GDKP's can't give retards good loot. In Cata I want geared people to be respected as Raid bosses are rarely pugged and bads are driven away by the hard content. Then blizz nerfs it and they come back.....
    What's wrong with leveling doing dungeons? Is it harder to do quests, lol? And no, getting gear wasn't exactly anything special during tbc. Join a guild that has BT/Hyjal/most of SWP on farm and you're covered in epics after your first raid :|

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, but its how people remember. You can't honestly say that even though TotC was "hard" on hard mode that is was even fun. The problem with the tail end of Wrath was that everything was so generic. Hard Modes were just "modes" not new boss fights like in Ulduar.

Also, in comparison we were handed this amazing quality piece of awesome that was Ulduar that had 14 AWESOME boss fights that all had great mechanics. To be honest, if Ulduar was the last raid of the expansion I'd be fine raiding it for an entire year and wouldn't QQ about it as I have with Icecrown on the odd occasion.

What Blizzard need is a healthy medium where fights aren't quite as ball breakingly hard as most hard modes but also harder than the so-called "Normal" modes..