Poll: VOTE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Would like to see something implemented since we don't have any heals currently.
    Maybe a talent or something:
    "You are healed for 50% of the healing done by Mend Pet"

Couple that with Glyph of Mend Pet and could be pretty decent.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem skills like this would create is bigger than the benefits. Right now, Hunter have no way to heal themselves, but they can bust a nut in terms of damage and burst. If we add healing to the mix, then our power would have to scale down because of being OP in PvP.

I like hunter for their current identity: Rugged being that can take a little bit of a beating but not dying before throwing out a metric fuckton of damage. Dont gimp that damage for some heals.

1. No. hunters dont need a heal, they are doing just fine
    2. Gief snail!!!

Hunters get healing from bm you have scatter shot baseline and can launch traps to chain cc
    you have silence in mmo tree and spell reflect in survivel +burst i dont think you need self heals as well

I really don't think a heal on par with what warriors have and what rogues are getting would really break the class.

The only people who claim hunters are OP now are keyboarding-turning PVE heroes who get globaled by them in BGs. Anyone else can tell you 99% of the time the hunter will be the kill target on the opposite team, since a) no way to heal outside of bandages and b) focusing us cripples our damage output.

I mean, we're certainly not weak (ATC, PHD, Ret/Hunter/Rshammy, and beastcleave are all doing well), but we are definitely one of the weaker 1v1 classes (I know Blizz doesn't balance around duels, but completely relying on a pally popping HoF every CD on you is kinda annoying).

They really really don't.
    Pets that need them have survival cooldowns, and in Cataclysm will be harder to kill, if people ever do focus on them.

I love how you can tell who read the post before posting their response and who didn't.

It's already a done deal people, spirit beasts have finally become the awesome pets they always deserved to be. They now bring (the equivalent of) horn of winter AND a heal that can be cast on anyone (it's not much, but anything that slows down death is a good thing).
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    Soo now only we needs a next step Beastmastery to become a healing/tanking spec
    Anyway i like spirit beast atleast can survive from warlock dots after you kill him

Mend pet got buffed out the wazoo. We don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    The spirit Beast heal is really good its approx 4k instant heal with a hot that ticks for about half the initial.. I cant remem the last actual numbers on the heal since its been fluxuating(and why does it say this is a spelling error >.<) with the AP changes and such.

think of it as an instant regrowth
    fluctuating...

and yeah... there's already a pet that has that, as pointed out. limited to BM, but so is the MM heal... wonder if they're going to put an SV one in? (or they already have, and I fail?)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Screw this idea, what about Recuperate that cost no Combo Points and the buff is worth 5 CP? Or should i post on rogue forum to have people to agree with me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see...
    Warriors: Blooththirst,Enraged Regeneration, Blood Craze
    Mages: Glyphed Evocation
    Priests: Two freaking healing specs plus Vampiric Embrace and Devouring Plague if you happen to be Shadow.
    Rogues: Recuperate
    Death Knights: Nearly all Blood abilities, Death Coil
    Warlocks: Drain Life, Soul Leech, Siphon Life
    Druids: Dozen of HoTs and Frenzied Regeneration
    Paladins: Healing spec and Word of Glory
    Shamans: Healing waves
    Hunters: Chimera Shot and Spirit Bond

Our self-healing abilities are weakest by far. Glyphed Evocation is not so good either, actually weaker healing-per-minute wise, but when you are about to die 60% over 6 seconds is way better than 5% every 10 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk View Post
    3 min CD and 60% health which is really good for a pure dps!
    and as arcane i think you can make the CD 1 min in cata! : /
    I'm pretty sure it's 4m and 2m with Arcane talents in Cata.

But yeah, 60% heal every 4 or 2m is REALLY good. Beats the Warrior's 30% heal over 10s on a 3m cooldown, that's for sure.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

No, they don't. If Hunter pets could heal, they'd be an even better solo class than they are now, which I would just consider "OP"
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    Lets see...
    Warriors: Blooththirst,Enraged Regeneration, Blood Craze
    Mages: Glyphed Evocation
    Priests: Two freaking healing specs plus Vampiric Embrace and Devouring Plague if you happen to be Shadow.
    Rogues: Recuperate
    Death Knights: Nearly all Blood abilities, Death Coil
    Warlocks: Drain Life, Soul Leech, Siphon Life
    Druids: Dozen of HoTs and Frenzied Regeneration
    Paladins: Healing spec and Word of Glory
    Shamans: Healing waves
    Hunters: Chimera Shot and Spirit Bond

Our self-healing abilities are weakest by far. Glyphed Evocation is not so good either, actually weaker healing-per-minute wise, but when you are about to die 60% over 6 seconds is way better than 5% every 10 seconds.
    Non tank DKs have a 10% heal from DS and 40% heal every 2m from Death Pact. Death Coil only heals their pet.
    Blood DKs have tons of heals.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Also worth noting that the MD glyph in Cata pretty much means we will never, ever, ever have an issue with pet threat.

Deleted
    i dont think we need a healer pet but spirit beasts are fine (nerf yay i didnt catch one so i hate them :P)

I've seen screenshots of spirit beast initial heal for 3-5k + 3-4k ticks, which totals out around 20k+ healing per use... That sounds far from weak or useless to me ^_^ I'm looking forward to it.

How often are hunters actually getting hit by mobs? That's where pets excel for hunters. They tank the mob while you kill it, and you have Mend Pet for healing the pet. The only way you're getting hit by mobs is if you're taking on a large pack, and you pull threat off your pet, which of course isn't going to be the case in cata. The only reason warlocks get self-healing as a pet class is because it fits the lore behind them. I don't see how or, even more so, why hunters need a self-healing.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    How often are hunters actually getting hit by mobs? That's where pets excel for hunters. They tank the mob while you kill it, and you have Mend Pet for healing the pet. The only way you're getting hit by mobs is if you're taking on a large pack, and you pull threat off your pet, which of course isn't going to be the case in cata. The only reason warlocks get self-healing as a pet class is because it fits the lore behind them. I don't see how or, even more so, why hunters need a self-healing.
    It's called PVP