Target Targets Focus?! :S

I'm currently RAFing a second account and was wondering if theres anyway to Target a targets focus? For healing

So I use /focus [target=mouseover] but bind it to a key on my main (warrior)

Then I want to target my warriors focus so I can heal on my priest.

... I think thats it any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a total expert here, but I don't think it's possible to acquire the focus target of anyone other than yourself.

Perhaps what you are trying to accomplish can be done through a different route. I don't fully understand exactly what you are trying to do so I can't recommend anything.

Well I'm RAFing so I've got A Warrior tank and a Priest healer. I was looking to heal 5 mans through my warriors screen via focus macros. But it does seem complicated. Any ideas how to heal through grid / healbot on my warriors screen through my priest? :S I should add that I'm using keyclone as well.

Thanks
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

You can select party members with the F keys. Might be able to set something up where your warrior has nothing bound to those keys (would have to go an unbind them) but when hit would make the priest target them so you can hit a heal. Would work as long as the instance isn't too complicated.

Yeah I read your post like 10 times and I'm still confused.
    /cast [@mouseover]Flash Heal
    will heal the target your mouse is over, and might be the best option if your mouse cursor is cloned.
    /assist Tankname
    /cast [@targettarget,help]Flash Heal
    will heal whatever the mob you're targetting is targetting (should be your warrior).
    /cast [@party1]Flash Heal
    /cast [@party2]Flash Heal
    will heal the first or second member of your party, up to 5.
    /cast [@Tankname]Flash Heal
    will directly heal the tank.

I'm not familiar with what kind of keycloning software you use or how it works. If you have a better idea of what you need then I'd be happy to help you find a solution.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that I can think of is to sneak around the focus issue by doing the reverse.
    Maybe you could set your warrior's attack abilities to hit HIS focus instead of his current target, and then set your priests heals to target your warriors target?

Or depending on when your priest receives the target you could do a target switch for every warrior ability.
    warrior /focus the boss
    Click or mouseover the heal target then you could have a macro for each ability to target the focus, use the warrior ability, then target last target.

I don't know anything about dual boxing... but if you had to do something like flash heal and devastate with one button that gets sent to both, I'd guess the spell for the wrong class just gets ignored. You could add a script to suppress the error message.

So you focus the boss, then click a heal target then press the macro:

/cast Flash Heal
    /cast devastate [target=focus]
    /targetlasttarget

My syntax might be wrong, it's been months since I've made macros, but everything I've ever learned about them is from www.wowwiki.com.

If none of this helps, hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about (aka not me) can help you out.

Ah thanks all, sorry if it didn't make sense, kind of hard for me to explain. I'm going to try your idea Plasmon first seems intresting other wise I'll use lawomous macros.

THANKS again

I wasn't sure if you could use @party1/2/3/4/5 as valid targets; that would be the easiest thing to do.

I'm assuming the key cloning simply sends the keypress to both computers at the same time. So if "M" is mount on both characters, pressing "M" on your keyboard sends the same command to both. If that's the case, I'd simply bind F1/2/3/4/5 as heal party member 1/2/3/4/5 and as nothing on your warrior's keyboard. Possible shift/alt/ctrl commands for different kinds of heals. As long as you don't get too fancy you should be ok.

My concern there is that the party order could vary from one member to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    My concern there is that the party order could vary from one member to the next.
    Really? I figured they were assigned server side.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I THINK they try to set it up as Tank = Party1, Healer = Party2. If you're a Tank or Healer, then the other one is Party1, and the DPS are 2, 3, 4. However, I'm not entirely sure this always works (when I tank, sometimes Healer is Party1, sometimes he's Party2).

I am pretty sure that there is not always a consistent order within the default raid UI, possibly I think always placing yourself first in a group.
    Certainly something being an issue, since I have seen many problems when it comes to agreeing the recipient of a raid roll.
    Therefore it is entirely possible there will be issues with assigning party members too.