Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Mean Things To Do On A Mage

So, I was bored today and started coming up with some mean things to do to other people as a mage.

One would be, get into a group for VOA, and then run up to the portal, and toss up a Stonard/Silvermoon City port right infront of the WG portal.

Another fun thing to do, where they have all the portals to major cities in Dalaran, they have have a few empty slots. Toss up a portal in the first slot next to the one to Org. You'll see people run up to it and just stand there. They'll then wonder if the portals are broken or something. I did this and two people actually asked in trade chat if the portals were broken or something.

Another fun thing to do is during any boss fight where there is a huge AOE spell getting ready to happen. Buff someone with AMP Magic. Teehee.

Anyone else got anything?

EDIT: The thing about the portals in Dalaran is for the Horde side. I forget what the Alliance side looks like. Don't know if there are any empty slots there or not.
    Last edited by Komie; 2010-10-06 at 09:50 PM.

Portal Roulette is always fun.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

My favorite.

"Can I have some food?"

/conjure

Open trade, but food in.

Their side of the window goes green.

And you wait.

Also giving them level 5 food is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    My favorite.

"Can I have some food?"

/conjure

Open trade, but food in.

Their side of the window goes green.

And you wait.

Also giving them level 5 food is fun.
    I used to do that with low levels begging for gold.

Just open trade and put 10 000g in the window and just go afk to cook dinner or something.

Anything involving portals going the wrong place, and making people freak out

My personal favorites are...
    1. Stonard portal ontop of dalaran portal at the end of hall of reflection.
    2. Org portal beside the real org portal in dalaran.
    3. Stonard portal ontop of the dalaran portal in lights hammer.
    4. Casting invis running up to a raid boss then running back, I actually got a tank to pull early once because he thought i was on autorun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I used to do that with low levels begging for gold.

Just open trade and put 10 000g in the window and just go afk to cook dinner or something.
    Kind of off topic, but I've found the most fun thing to do when a lowbie asks for money is to reply with "No thanks I don't need your gold" and watch how confused they get.

I love Polymorph: Pig too. So insulting.
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manstallion View Post
    Kind of off topic, but I've found the most fun thing to do when a lowbie asks for money is to reply with "No thanks I don't need your gold" and watch how confused they get.
    Zomg I love this one xD One day I'll try the portals... gotta be funny as hell xD
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

one of my favourites is buffing slowfall on people who go apeshit with their rocketpack at lootship prefight. 9/10 of those people will glide off the ship and die wondering what happened

There are so many things you could do, but writing those down could probably give me a nice ban. How to make 10k gold in a day standing in Orgrimmar or how to get geared ultra fast

When a lowbie asks for gold, teleport to Silvermoon and tell him that if he can come there he gets 30g. (you cant go to him for some reason you make up). When he comes there you put him on ignore.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've considered pulling bosses and then popping invis a couple of times.

It's kind of a dick move though. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    Mine isn't really a dick move, but I like using Invisibility on the ramp part on PoS. Makes just about everyone shit their pants when I run right through the mobs.

On-Topic: Casting Living Bomb and Invisibility on low levels in Gadzetzan with PvP active. Cause I know very well that even if they heal through the ticks, that explosion is gonna kill em no matter what (unless its a pally =P)
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

You could also spam spell steal paladins. I'm a paladin myself and I tend to nerdrage when a mage spell steals all my crap.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

http://www.yarg-rexxar.com/

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monath View Post
    You could also spam spell steal paladins. I'm a paladin myself and I tend to nerdrage when a mage spell steals all my crap.
    Yes, I've found this tactic quite useful in PvP. >=D

Quote Originally Posted by Zalberd View Post
    Anything involving portals going the wrong place, and making people freak out

My personal favorites are...
    1. Stonard portal ontop of dalaran portal at the end of hall of reflection.
    I enjoy doing this at the end of toc since nobody can really see you make the portal all the way over there. I probably send about 15 people to stonard everytime i do toc

Personally, I want to see all of the lifegrip grief by priests in cata. Mage stuff is boring compared to that!

used to have a mage in our guild who would never make table ever, instead he used all the arcane powder for portal rouletes at the end of the raid

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That weird, since Arcane Powder isn't the reagent used in portal magic.

I would wait til our guild got a new boss down.. and then call out "Here's a port to Dalaran..." People would be s high on the kill they wouldn't check and poof... "WTF!!!!! Why are we in Exodar!"

Then I'd go get them...

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the meanest thing to do on my Mage is to find a lowbie friend to play with (of the opposing faction, of course) and have a little fun.
    Usually involves Polymorph: Pig, /tickle, /tickle, /pat... then as they're running off, cast Slow and /cry.
    Then repeat Polymorph: Pig, /giggle, /tickle... then Slow... then Polymorph: Pig.
    Repeat this for a while until you get bored or they don't respond with rage
    Then something like /cry, /bye, mount up and then turn around, /bye a final time......... then Arcane Barrage.

Deleted
    First i was gonna say "Lol u're an ass for doing such evil stuff" Then i realized that this is the internet, gotta love the waiting time for Cata This is what the most exciting threads is about ;D

Joke aside - Thanks for the ideas, actually gonna use them while AFK'ing in Dala anyway.