Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    One of my new favorite hobbies is to hang around WG fortress and wait for an alliance member to show up. They try to pick fights so I end up rising up a bit popping slow fall, IB, MS , MW(if needed) then slowly falling down icelancing as I go. Priests are a real treat since they figure they can levitate down and DoT, until you spellsteal levitate. Or if they're close enough a cone of cold into a deep freeze does just as well. Of course I'm frost. Sadly the window for these fun tactics is short. Damn duration on the Hallow's End broom ><

---------- Post added 2010-11-07 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gregd888 View Post
    Fighting a ret paladin as frost is about the meanest thing a mage can do to another player
    i chuckle every time a ret gets his wings spellstolen. You can literally see the moment he gives up.

Some things I do on my mage is at the end of a raid when everyone is asking me for a port to dal, I start with a port to Stonard, then without moving I put the port to dal right on top of it. Now they have a 50/50 chance of going to dal or stonard.

Also I do the put the fake portal in the open slots in dal trick. Me and my friends always get a good laugh from that.

Another thing I do is when people ask me to port them (I really hate porting people) I just run around until I find them and then I teleport myself to the same spot where they want to go.

Also on boss fights where people get Mind Controlled, I like to sheep them. That way when their MC runs out they are still polymorphed and their dps goes down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Also on boss fights where people get Mind Controlled, I like to sheep them. That way when their MC runs out they are still polymorphed and their dps goes down.
    Your raids' healers must be severely incompetent.

I got a good laugh last night. I know this has been posted several times in this thread...

Our 10-man progression guild was working on downing hard mode Sindy on Saturday night. We kept getting her to about 8%, but wiping. After 3 hours of wiping we called the raid and decided to come back the next night. So, the following night we went at HM Sindy again. We kept getting her under 10% again. We finally got her down, but the tension was high in the last minute of that attempt. Only 1 tank, 2 DPSers and a healer were still alive with Sindy having about 560,000 health left. The other DPSer got ice tombed, leaving the 3 of us to finish Sindy off. With about 240,000 health left, our last healer got ice tombed, leaving just me and the tank left. Fortunately I got unchained magic quite often that attempt and didnt have the chance to use my CD's very much. So, I popped arcane power and a potion of wild magic and spammed arcane blasts like there was no tomorrow. The tank did a great job of using his CD's. So, 8 other raiders helplessly watched me and the tank try to pull this off. We obviously did, but the tension had mounted since this was our best attempt yet and we were so close. So when the achievement for clearing the heroic frostwing quarter popped up, everyone in Vent went crazy with excitement. We went and 1-shotted LK and did the "we've been waiting a long time" achievement at the same time.

Well, still riding a euphoric wave of excitement, I decided to make a portal to Shatt instead of Dalaran. My mic was on voice activated at the time, so it was hard to keep my laughter quiet as I watched 7 of the raid members take the portal without paying attention to where it was to. I had tried this trick several times before, but someone always caught me because they saw my castbar making a portal somewhere besides Dalaran...which is why last nights little trick was so good.Obviously I portals to Shatt and made another portal to Dal....but the sounds on Vent of them all reacting after taking the port to Shatt was classic. Anyway, thats my two cents.