justice/valor points before cata

Does this seem reasonable? They want to make the game harder, but people can farm these points before cata is even released. And then they will hit 85, spend those points on gear without earning them, once again, and be walking around in an epic or two before they even touch a heroic. Am I seeing this right, or did I miss something somewhere?

You'll initially only be able to purchase rare (blue quality) gear from Justice Points. It basically allows you to pick up a piece or two of heroic 5-man gear by saving up your points.

Valor points will not be available until you start raiding in Cataclysm. The current content will only award Justice points. And as said by Cluck, these can only be used to buy blues of Heroic 85 quality.

Deleted
    Think of it like a level 70 character that ONLY do ONE Random Northrend Dungeon per day, then logs off. That character earns 2 Triumphs per day. As the ONLY way that character is leveling, that means the amount of triumphs earned will be enough to put the character in full T9 without a problem, way before hitting 80 and getting access to heroics. It is essentially the same thing here, where you can earn SOME points toward maxlevel gear, but not a lot compared to the cost of each item. I doubt we'll be seeing many people hardcore enough to buy more than 2 items by the time they ding 85. So it's not going to matter much...

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Valor points will not be available until you start raiding in Cataclysm.
    Daily Cataclysm heroic gives Valor points.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2010-10-07 at 08:30 PM.