Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because they cry the loudest?

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask the 300 teams me and my guildie facerolled over with 4p t6 4pvp and bis sunwell retri parts, in the wotlk patch.. It's because blizzard are terrible at balancing us, and to compensate for nerfing us to pieces, they redo another ability which then becomes highly op ( read seal of blood )

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I haven't played a retardedly simple DPS class (or any DPS for that matter) in years, but back when I played a hunter you could macro your entire rotation to one macro. Maybe Blizz broke that functionality after realizing you could use it to further simply the already-easiest role in this game...
    I haven't played an enh shaman but I have played a feral druid in a quick ToGC run. There's obviously less movement involved than on H:PP, but it wasn't that difficult to play. Just download some kind of timer mod and memeorize about as many keybinds as it takes to play ret well and you're golden. I'm positive I wasn't playing as well as some of the frequent feral-rankers in this game, but, as a previously frequent ranker with ret in Ulduar/ToGC and ICC up until 15% when I stopped, I can say with confidence that somebody who just picks up a ret paladin like I picked up a feral druid wouldn't be able to produce ranking material results either.

What's my point? No classes are hard. There will always be a difference between the "just picked it up" or average player and the experienced player, no matter how you try and frame it. These comparisons of difficulty are really just plain stupid, because only bad players are those that will actually find a class hard to play in PvE.

Deleted
    Well playing on beta, Ret needs tweaking further quite allot imo. We have nothing now, no survivability, minimal self healing, and then just to top it off, very low damage accross the board - I think paladins NEEDED to get twice the attention just to make you whores stop whining about how 'ROLLFACERET' just outdps'd you or that 'prot tank just facerolls' or that holy pala just 'spams holy light'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I remember that post and Genkaku. Do you remember the cleansebot days of Molten Core? For those who do not know what vanilla paladins did in raids, let me give you a sample.

First you are covered from head to toe in cloth gear. Cleanse. Cleanse. Cleanse. /dance. Cleanse. Cleanse. Cleanse. /dance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Sorry, I have an 80 paladin, it's boring and terribly faceroll, do I go to extremes like everyone else? no, I just was explaining the obvious.
    Every class is faceroll, so shut up about paladins. The simple plain truth is, you suck at the game if you think otherwise. That goes for everyone. Shut the hell up about classes being hard/easy, because every single one of the 30 specs is easy to play up until around 85% efficiency.

For the damn record, playing a "hard" (lol) spec doesn't make you more pro at all, just as playing a "faceroll" (rofl) spec doesn't make you a bad player. If you can't understand where the sources of difficulty are in this game, after all your years of playing, I pity you.

Oh, and for those unlucky enough to be unable to produce an original thought, yes, I am mad - tired in fact, of this incessant crap that's being spewed out of people's mouths. Class to class hatred/prejudice and insults filled with ignorance, and bandwagons full of parrots and sheep, it's nothing less than pathetic.
    "The truth, my goal."

The people who play them constantly complain they are broken, the people who fight them constantly complain because they die in five seconds flat in every encounter vs a Paladin and don't get to have "I win" buttons.

So Blizzard constantly balances the Paladins who want to be even more OP and have even more "I win" buttons and the people who don't want to just hit /afk when they see a Paladin coming at them in a BG and go get some chips while they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    OT: We got a complete revamp. When I say revamp, I don't mean some spells swapped around, nor just a resource system swap. We've had every single aspect of our combat mechanics changed for all three specs, more new spells and a new resource system. It only makes sense that a class so much more drastically changed than any other would get more attention from blues seeking feedback from players.
    I hate to break it to you but, no. In the case of Ret it's just WotLK Ret with a make over. I don't see how they really accomplished anything but making people have to learn a brand new priority queue. It plays the exact same as on live, but with (on average) more open GCDs, but occasionally even fewer, if you get some proc spikes. Big whoop.

CS > DS > Judge > Exo (on 'proc') > HoW > Cons

becomes

TV(3) > CS > Exo (on proc) > HoW > Judge > Cons (if mana-fat)

Colour me not impressed at all.
    Not only do I do less DPS (which, I will concede may [but probably won't] equalize at 85), I rely on the RNG to do any reasonable DPS. RNG is skills and the epitome of game design.

I always love threads like these. You invariably get a bunch of people saying it's because paladins complain the most, because after all, just skimming over the thread and its responses really shows you just how patient, placid, and understanding the other classes are.

It must just be self-hating paladins that post these kinds of threads and comments since the other classes are so known for how mellow and laidback they are.

In actuality it's more likely paladins got changed so significantly because they're complained about the most by the other classes. Warriors and Druids could dominate 2's for most seasons and Mages/Priests/Rogues can own 3's, but let's all cry about Retribution because we got curbstomped by one in a battleground - you know - where PvP matters the most.

It's also interesting to see how the same people that will say the class is broken seemingly don't understand the need for it to be revamped - thus the overhaul - thus the large amount of blue responses.
    Apparently somehow they expect Blizzard to make ret less faceroll without giving it any extra attention.
    Last edited by Rukari; 2010-10-08 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Every class is faceroll, so shut up about paladins. The simple plain truth is, you suck at the game if you think otherwise. That goes for everyone. Shut the hell up about classes being hard/easy, because every single one of the 30 specs is easy to play up until around 85% efficiency.

For the damn record, playing a "hard" (lol) spec doesn't make you more pro at all, just as playing a "faceroll" (rofl) spec doesn't make you a bad player. If you can't understand where the sources of difficulty are in this game, after all your years of playing, I pity you.

Oh, and for those unlucky enough to be unable to produce an original thought, yes, I am mad - tired in fact, of this incessant crap that's being spewed out of people's mouths. Class to class hatred/prejudice and insults filled with ignorance, and bandwagons full of parrots and sheep, it's nothing less than pathetic.

no one's saying any class is hard, it's just while other classes are say...for lack of a better term "easy mode" Ret paladins fall under the "Very easy mode" category.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry about the state of Paladins, or any other class for that matter right now. As things stand on the beta nothing is truly balanced and the important bit is making sure everything works. The balancing comes later, the main issue with Paladins is that there are a gerbillion people playing the class and there are more variables to get right than for say a Feral Druid with nothing but pure melee damage, for example. Somethings just require more attention to get right than others. I wouldn't worry about it so much.

I'm sick of all these paladins are easy or faceroll comments. This whole freaking game is easy on a personal level. The only difficulty is in working well with others, group coordination and such. I have at least tried every spec in the game at some point, and have raided on 6 different classes, as tank, heals, and dps, and paladins (regardless of spec) aren't any easier or harder than any other class or spec.

As for why paladins get so much attention, it's very very simple. Blizzard does something, and then two years later, they have a "why did we do that?" moment. So they go back to the drawing board, and try again. And mark my words, if they're even a little unhappy with how paladins turn out in cata, say goodbye to holy power, and hello to a whole new class, again in World of Warcraft: The end of the legion, or whatever they decide to call the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me hit some dingers?

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I hate to break it to you but, no. In the case of Ret it's just WotLK Ret with a make over. I don't see how they really accomplished anything but making people have to learn a brand new priority queue. It plays the exact same as on live, but with (on average) more open GCDs, but occasionally even fewer, if you get some proc spikes. Big whoop.

CS > DS > Judge > Exo (on 'proc') > HoW > Cons

becomes

TV(3) > CS > Exo (on proc) > HoW > Judge > Cons (if mana-fat)

Colour me not impressed at all.
    Not only do I do less DPS (which, I will concede may [but probably won't] equalize at 85), I rely on the RNG to do any reasonable DPS. RNG is skills and the epitome of game design.
    Well, you've just proven to me that you don't play a ret paladin.

Priority systems-

Quest gear: HoW > CS > J > DS > Cons > Exo (no special buffs, low crit chance and low stats makes HoW shoot way up for having strong base stats but poor scaling)
    2pc t9: J > CS > HoW > DS > Cons > Exo (Judgmeent's higher crit chance jumps it up)
    2pc t9 + 2pc t10: J > DS > HoW > CS > Cons > Exo (DS resets put it way up, but not higher than J due to mana and damage issues)
    4pc t10: J > DS > CS > HoW > CS > Cons > Exo (seal damage shoots CS's value up, all the while HoW gets shittier in comparison due to poor scaling with gear)

Cata(thus far):

Inq > TV > CS > Exo(proc) > J > Holy Wrath > HoW > Cons

Reason being HoW cannot proc holy power, thus all other filler spells except consecrate are higher in priority. Also, haste makes you jump from a CS -> filler -> CS system to a CS -> filler -> filler -> CS system, and back again, which will jump periodically during fight lengths. You haven't really addressed the new Holy Power system, new spells introduced, new things tacked on to old spells, etc. You're completely wrong with your analysis and haven't shown anything to convince me otherwise that retribution is completely different from Wrath. Then again, given the information you've shown me it doesn't really surprise me that you didn't notice much.

And I've got my own qualms with RNG, but that's another discussion.

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 01:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    no one's saying any class is hard, it's just while other classes are say...for lack of a better term "easy mode" Ret paladins fall under the "Very easy mode" category.
    Okay, so you're comparing different degrees of "easy". I....I don't know. It's my "meme" to say this, but I guess I can say it again.

Stop fucking comparing Arithmetic to Basic Algebra.