Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What race should i play for Alliance Mage?

So, I recently decided to start playing mage (played holy pally until recently, and guild needed another dps for Cata), but what i'm trying to decide is.. What race should i play come cata? Currently i have a human mage, but am considering changing to gnome or worgen.

Gnomes have the Intellect bonus, and Worgen have the crit bonus.

Thoughts anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei have +1% hit for free.

Dwarf Cuz its new!

Worgen have a Crit bonus? Since when?

On Topic; I'd go with Gnome. Int gives Mana AND Crit. And Spellpower too, if I'm not mistaken.

... Besides, Worgen casting animation is disgustingly bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saveslol View Post
    So, I recently decided to start playing mage (played holy pally until recently, and guild needed another dps for Cata), but what i'm trying to decide is.. What race should i play come cata? Currently i have a human mage, but am considering changing to gnome or worgen.

Gnomes have the Intellect bonus, and Worgen have the crit bonus.

Thoughts anyone?
    A female nightelf cause there is nothing more badass than the recreation of the most powerful mortal ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Dwarf Cuz its new!
    Dwarf mages?:< Since when? Afaik the only new dwarf class is shaman, might be mistaken though..

But as you said..

Gnomes have 5% more int
    Worgens have X%(?) more crit

However, dont forget that the racials will be reworked.

If it stays the way it is atm with the racials, i'd say go gnome for PVE and.. probably worgen if pvp (because of the sprint)

10+ Year Old Account
    draenei, they is teh sexiest!
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Draenei would be best, Worgen's 1% hit is cool but with reforging the hit is still better, Gnome on gets 5% more mana not Int, Night Elf, Dwarf, and Human are ok but nothing that would really help you out as a mage

Night Elf

do it
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post
    Dwarf mages?:< Since when? Afaik the only new dwarf class is shaman, might be mistaken though..

But as you said..

Gnomes have 5% more int

If it stays the way it is atm with the racials, i'd say go gnome for PVE and.. probably worgen if pvp (because of the sprint)
    Aye, there have been quite a few new race-class combo's.
    Here's the latest on the matter... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRf_xU8JETI

Aaaanyways... when was the Worgen racial changed? I was under the impression it was still the 1% extra damage. Was the Goblin racial changed too?

No the Goblin racial is still 1% haste and Worgen was changed to 1% crit so it would help healers as well as tank and dps

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=20591

expansive mind in live is int, in cata its mana pool
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Ah, fair enough.

Well that being the case, I'd DEFINITELY go with Gnome over Worgen for a Mage. 5% Int is far better than 1% crit.

And again, male Worgen casting animations are terrible.

Edit: Mana, and not Int hm?

... still seems better for a Mage than 1% crit. Remember, we aren't going to have unlimited Mana pools in Cata anymore. 5% more Mana is 5% longer DPS time before having to use Evocation.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2010-10-07 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post

But as you said..

Gnomes have 5% more int

Yes, Dwarves can be mages (and warlocks) in Cataclysm.

Also, gnomes get a 5% increase to their mana pool now, not int.

And the poster above is right, the worgen casting animations are pretty ugly.

Night elf and draenei females seem to do the best when it comes to casting animations and looking good in wizard robes.

The Dranei casting animations arent too bad, plus they look decent in their varios robes.

The extra 5% from gnomes is awesome.

On a personal note: I dont mind female gnomes, but when I see a male gnome all I want to do is set it on fire, then punt it. You would be surprised how far male gnomes fly, espicially when punted with a hoove, be it draenei or tauren.

Make a Worgen Mage! You can name him Lupin

worgen:1% free crit, sprint cd,and reduce duration of diseases and curses.
    human: free pvp trinket,3% spirit,and rep gains buff.
    gnome:5% mana pool increase,snare/slow breaker.
    dwarf:bleed/disease/poison breaker/armor boost,track archeology,epic beard,beer,awesome,more beer.
    dreanei:1% free hit,scaling HoT,shadow miss chance(aka fear,silence,and deathgrip).
    night elf:shadowform,melee miss chance.

there are your options all alliance races can be magi(and now priests and have been warriors for a while)
    Last edited by mordale; 2010-10-07 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Worgen have a Crit bonus? Since when?
    http://picz.no/874

Current beta build: 4.0.3 (13117)

I've Been rollin a Gnome Mage since the dawn of time. There is Nothing Greater than a midget shooting a Giant Flaming Boulder Twice the Size of himself at an enemy. FOR GNOMEREGAN!!!!!