Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well, yes, of course. But I'm already putting together a plan that
    1) maximizes my number of trick-or-treats
    2) doesn't get me divorced
    3) doesn't get me fired

I'm just hoping I get lucky and get it done the first day so I don't spend the entire holiday agonizing over it
    Best of luck with your drops, good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Anyone know if they have made any mention to drop rates for this one? Brewfest was the biggest boatload of fail I have ever endured in wow for some time. I am a avid mount collector, and it was frustrating doing Coren every single day, and at the end of the event I had nothing but a bucket full of frost emblems.

I am hoping that the mount is actually obtainable in the bags, and not just an idea that doesn't actually exist unless you don't want it
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    Best of luck with your drops, good sir.
    Thank you. I actually don't care about the mount 1/10th as much as the pet/helm. I do *not* want to have to wait until next year for the meta.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The drop rate for items in the bag will be higher then it would off the boss himself.

However, the whole thing is STILL RNG. You may run the whole holiday and not see a single drop you wanted, or you might get dozens, that is just part of it being RNG.

Personally I love the new system. It has way more positives then negatives as long as you are not a dick.

1) It is faster. You no longer try to spend a whole lot of time traveling and then multiple summons.
    2) If a rare item drop in your bag, it is yours. No more hoping for that 1% drop and then getting out-rolled all five times it actually happened, which is just another layer of RNG.
    3) No more getting screwed because you find out three of the people you grouped with didn't even have their summon anymore, and just said they did to try and have another chance at getting the mount, screwing your own chances.

Hey, on Brewfest I got six mounts, seven tankards, a dozen shankers (which sell for 20g each), and even four remotes. Last year I got two mounts, one shanker, had to buy a tankard, and one remote.

On Midsummer I got two frostscythes and three little rockling pets, when the years before (back when the lower level one was relevant) I never even saw the fireling pet or scythe even drop. And that was only doing it somewhat this year, since I never really liked the Ahune fight, rather then the daily 5 summons I did years before.

This year will be interesting.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2010-10-07 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    i have i can get the pet else i need to wait 1 more year to get the purple drake :S

I got the Kodo or Ram drop 12-13 times between 9 characters capable of doing Direbrew. Of those, at least 3 have the Kodo and Ram, one got neither the entire time running it daily and one got the Ram twice (but no Kodo). I got almost a dozen of the tankards between them, and four daggers, two on a priest, one on a DK and one on a rogue who has 264 daggers already. RNG is truly RNG. Don't expect to get or not get anything.

I assume the horseman's mount well as any other drops from his bags will be equally random.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got 3 daggers, one remote, and no mounts from Direbrew this year. Significant other got a single dagger. Did the event every day.

Pseudo random is pseudo random, as people above said.
    Last edited by Moxal; 2010-10-07 at 06:29 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    You can't create massive Alliance slaughter outside the instance anymore thanks to the dungeon finder.

So now the Alliance still left on Mal'Ganis can actually do HH for a change? Treachery!

But yeah, thank goodness.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I did coren almost every day on three different 80's I wound up getting,

-3 remotes, 2 on the same character *facepalm*

-3 tankard o'terror's

-1 Kodo

I thought for sure I wasn't going to win a mount because I failed, day, after day, after day, but on the very last day of brewfest I won the brewfest Kodo on my main. I wanted the ram, but it was better than nothing I guess.

I hope my luck is just as edge-of-the-seat as it was for Ahune and Brewfest. With Ahune, I got the pet on the last day, REALLY happy for that. And on Brewfest I got the Ram the second to last day, Remote on the last. And as Alliance getting the Ram, I love it. It's a ram that actually looks great.

Hoping to get the Hallowed Helm and Pumpkin pet this year for my priest. I don't care for the horse, cause who would ride that over a Cenarion War Hippogryph?

Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    This plus during brewfest 2 of my chars got a Ram+Kodo bag. Seems there will be lots of horsies in 2 weeks
    So I log in yesterday to see all this patch changes, queue to horseman and get my reins from the first bag. Somehow I just don't feel any satisfaction or joy from having it now, looking at like 4 of them next to AH.
    Last year I'd be very very happy with this mount for some weeks for sure.