Deleted

Leveling in Cataclysm, what spec?

What spec are you going to level with in Cataclysm? Are you going to Quest Spam or Instance spam? Which spec do u think will come out superior when it comes to leveling?

Personaly I'm staying protection while my fiance (Feral DPS Druid) can just nuke everything. Ive heard that mobs in cata have a ton of HP and are quite hard to get down. Prot for instance spaming when a zone gets to crowded aswell.

What about u guys?

Dual ret/prot. I'll spamquest as usual as ret, with the occasional instance with guildies (either as ret or prot, just not with randoms). I'd add a few random battlegrounds here and there, but i know i won't like ret there. As prot maybe, just gonna try and see.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot to start, a combination of Quests to gear and Instances to check them out, and get a few sweet blue's. I've always loved prot for questing, I know it's not the 'best' spec for it, but I enjoy the extra survivability as well as being able to pull multiple mobs and burn them down. Add in a Blue at some point saying Quest mobs will be hitting much harder in this Expac than previously and Prot for me becomes the easy choice for leveling, to insure a bit of extra safety.

Im not sure what my second spec will be at 85, at the moment I'm prot/prot (Raid and lolheroicaoespam) I was going to go Ret but I still don't like the playstyle, even with the new changes, and I have a priest if I wanna heal, so I may just ask for a refund on my DS and stay prot :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Abit suprised that more people havent replied to this thread I would have thought alot of people would be eager to share there opinions and ideas for cataclysm leveling!

I've heard that with the drop in self healing and the removal of sacred shield, you won't actually have much health left after one mob as Ret. Levelling as Prot or even holy might be a good idea. I'm going to experiment with all three though. Prot has some very hard hitting attacks that means levelling as prot would be easier than it is now.

Ret...mainly because of it's longevity. Despite popular belief our heals aren't that aweful. Prot was ok on beta when I was leveling, but I found ret to last longer because of a much more rapid way to obtain Holy Power, also with mobs fearing/stunning alot, PoJ adds holy power anytime that happens, so gg.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

Deleted
    Holy for sure, just like from 1-80. Cause i'm masochist like that!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm well, I was thinking marks (I am a hunter) because of a few talents... But seeing how BM has been a favored spec of mine... and I mean come on, BM is destroying atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavalin View Post
    hmm well, I was thinking marks (I am a hunter) because of a few talents... But seeing how BM has been a favored spec of mine... and I mean come on, BM is destroying atm.
    Umm.. I think ur in the wrong forum mate :P

From what I've heard, Holy's damage is *pathetic* even if you spec in to the DPS talents in the tree. I would not recommend anyone try that solo at this point.

As for myself, I'm Prot main spec so I will very likely level as Prot. The damage output is pretty nice, and we aren't shackled to the terrible Divine Plea mechanic which always made it such a hassle to quest in (you *have* to be on the ball, moving to the next mob, or you're going to drop DP and run out of mana pretty quick). It'll be interesting to see how the beefed up quest mobs interact with Ret and Prot, and see which one ends up more efficient.