Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Oh, I'm not saying we are limited two where we are technologically. But, as Medium9 pointed out, there are limitations such as Gravity, the speed of light, etc. The universe fucks is those regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Point these out for me, seriously. For every conspiracy theory you can chug out, I can easily find an explanation that debunks it. Oh, but that doesn't matter because you're right...right? I also think you're confusing the US government with the Japanese Government, specifically Unit 731.
    I really hope you are just trolling, which I think you are. Otherwise grats on being an idiot and failing every history class you have ever taken.

America Indians, ever heard of them? What exactly would you call the systematic destruction of most of the native american tribes if not genocide? I honestly don't have how you can not know about that. Even most people that don't live in this country know about it. They might not know details of course, but they know it happened. Maybe you have also heard of August 6th and 9th 1945? I doesn't matter if the bombs were dropped to end a war, its till genocide to kill hundreds of thousands of people in one swift move.

Do you not watch the news either? Just this week there was a story about the u.s giving STDs to men in guam in the late 40s for some study that no one really knows what it was supposed to accomplish. U.S. officials went down there to give formal apologizes this past week. Its funny how you mention Unit 731 though since after WWII the u.s granted immunity to all the members in it in exchange for the results of their work. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_e...n#cite_note-23 It might be a link to wikipedia, but its the easiest example to give for human experimentation, the references are at the bottom of the page.

Clearly the u.s government is capable of committing great evils. How you think covering up the existence of possible alien life is somehow not possible or "to evil" is beyond me. As I said before, I never said that its even done for evil purposes per say. Without that first contact coming in steps people would panic if spaceships just started landing on earth. 20 years ago if you said you think there is life on other planets people would laugh at you. Now many people think there is, and many governmental organizations are actually preparing for it. Or do you think the UN is paying someone to be an official alien greeter just so they can sit on their ass and do nothing for decades on end? Not to mention, as you seem to have trouble reading and don't watch the news, former u.s military personal (including generals) about two weeks ago came out and said we have been visited by aliens who are checking out nuclear weapons sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Erm, that would SO not be the first time some institution had put some one they'd rather boot on some useless position because he can't be fired due to issues with contracts. Or because there is a powerful friend of a friend that got him a ridiculously well paid job where he has to do nothing at all. That cries out loud for such a thing.
    I'm well aware of cushy jobs being created for friends, but this is the United Nations creating the job of alien greeter. Do you really think something like that can be created without a discussion? And if by some chance it was just someone wanting to create a job for a friend do you really think that is the best name? Like thats not going to draw attention and have people find out pretty quick its some guy being helped out by a friend?

Taking any news seriously unreflected is an indicator for blind media obedience, which is quite prevalent today. It doesn't make it a good thing, nor is it the way to go. News also just repeat what someone gave them, and that someone often enough is rather far from being a reliable source. News talking bullocks wouldn't have been a first-timer here, too.
    Again I am well aware, but what part of "u.s. officials went to guam this past week to give formal apologies" did you not understand? This isn't some fluff story on the tabloid shows. It really happened. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the President himself both apologized for it happening.

And on top of that: All examples you named were instances in which the secluding government has fucked up big time. No wonder those that caused it would prefer to not tell. But where is the fuckup with an alien visitor?
    Apparently you don't know what coverup means. If there is some giant fuckup that people would want to keep hidden then it would be hidden. That doesn't mean it will never come out. The guam std thing happened in the late 40s, over 60 years ago. Basically you seem to be saying that it can't be true because we don't know about it. Well a week ago no one knew about the guam thing, so I guess it wasn't true and then through magic it became true when the media reported it right?

This is exactly why you can't have discussions with conspiracy theorists. I suppose the overwhelming need to be right in all cases all the time supersedes any discussion, even if it's on topic. I'll give you a lesson:

Sweeping generalizations, hasty generalizations, affirming the consequent, denying the antecedent(this is debatable, as it's more implied with your words), begging the question, non sequitur, nor post hoc ergo proctor hoc do a good argument make.

I'm also curious where you get your numbers. From what I read, the number of Indians slaughtered(which they were), were between 8.4 million to 112.5 million(hence the extreme debate over what's true or not) from 1490-1914. Again, this is all Europeans included and not specifically Americans. Actual, documented American slaughters haven't reached 100,000. I encourage you to read the book "Guns, Germs and Steel" before you hastily spout out some revelation of what really happened. Hiroshima and Nagasaki where 166,000 and 80,000 respectively. Since you're playing a numbers game with mentioning Stalin and Hitler:

Well over 6 million Jews - Hitler.
    5-70 million people - Stalin.
    Well over 70 million under peacetime - Mao Zedong.

Omg I want to talk with you guys in person so bad! Discussing this over the forums is too slow and there is too much to talk about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Omg I want to talk with you guys in person so bad! Discussing this over the forums is too slow and there is too much to talk about lol.
    I agree, haha. I tried to talk to a friend of mine about how mind boggling it is that gravity in large objects actually bends space and time itself, meaning that Earth is really moving in a straight line.....but he just wanted to play Reach co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    This is exactly why you can't have discussions with conspiracy theorists. I suppose the overwhelming need to be right in all cases all the time supersedes any discussion, even if it's on topic. I'll give you a lesson:

Sweeping generalizations, hasty generalizations, affirming the consequent, denying the antecedent(this is debatable, as it's more implied with your words), begging the question, non sequitur, nor post hoc ergo proctor hoc do a good argument make.

I'm also curious where you get your numbers. From what I read, the number of Indians slaughtered(which they were), were between 8.4 million to 112.5 million(hence the extreme debate over what's true or not) from 1490-1914. Again, this is all Europeans included and not specifically Americans. Actual, documented American slaughters haven't reached 100,000. I encourage you to read the book "Guns, Germs and Steel" before you hastily spout out some revelation of what really happened. Hiroshima and Nagasaki where 166,000 and 80,000 respectively. Since you're playing a numbers game with mentioning Stalin and Hitler:

Well over 6 million Jews - Hitler.
    5-70 million people - Stalin.
    Well over 70 million under peacetime - Mao Zedong.
    None of this refutes the fact that the u.s government is capable of evil acts. Which you implied they were not. As much as you want to say I can't prove they aren't covering up the existence of aliens, you also can't prove that they are not. And there is far more evidence that they are then they are not.

At this point I honestly think you are just trolling because you are bored. That or you are one of those people that walk around with a flag shoved up their ass and can never admit fault with america regardless of what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    None of this refutes the fact that the u.s government is capable of evil acts. Which you implied they were not. As much as you want to say I can't prove they aren't covering up the existence of aliens, you also can't prove that they are not. And there is far more evidence that they are then they are not.

At this point I honestly think you are just trolling because you are bored. That or you are one of those people that walk around with a flag shoved up their ass and can never admit fault with america regardless of what it is.
    People throw around the word troll waaayyy too much, and most of the time they don't even know what it entails. Anyways,you should go back and read my posts. Nowhere did I imply what you're saying, in fact I don't deny that we've murdered tons of people. If you want my view I find things like the Tea Party hilarious for calling the US the "Greatest nation that has been and ever will be", especially when you consider we haven't even lasted as long as Rome's Republic(which was only half of Rome's rule as a civilization). Take a deep breath and try some reality.

No, there is not more evidence that the government is covering up Alien Life visitations. If you can bother to begin understanding the virtues of having such a strong government like the US, maybe you'll start saying things that are a little more sane. Relax, pay your taxes, keep interested and push for more NASA funding. They're going to start the search for water and life within our own solar system in the next 10 or 20 years, and they'll need funding.

I agree with the Stephen Hawking take on the matter, that we try and try and try to contact life on another planet but if/when we do... it probably won't be a good thing. I'm thinking something like Independance Day or Skyline type shit. If we see more than one "ambassador" type ship, we be fuct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I agree with the Stephen Hawking take on the matter, that we try and try and try to contact life on another planet but if/when we do... it probably won't be a good thing. I'm thinking something like Independance Day or Skyline type shit. If we see more than one "ambassador" type ship, we be fuct.
    I agree, I think that's what humans are trying to do as well. Looking for another planet to take over and destroy. Take their resources and such, just like, sorry to say it, Avatar. If the race we find, and some day, able to land on. If they're not technologically advanced over us, they very well might invade it, control it, set up a government there, and have another home land for when they're done destroying this one. But I won't be alive to see that day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Word. We'd bring it on ourselves though.. Like K says in Men In Black about why people can't handle knowing about aliens.. A person is smart, people are stupid.

Everyone would panic and we'd probably end up shooting at them. We as a race have alot to fix before we're ready to deal with aliens.

/x/ is ----> dataway, folks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.