Deleted

Fixing hunter's los?

I havent seen anything about it. Have they fixed hunter's line of sight in the beta or are they planning to fix it? Because I dont know about you but I absolutely love being shot through rocks and walls...

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, it's good fun.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hunters have the same LoS that any other ranged class does. It also happens to be the same LoS that healers are effected by. That being said, it would be smart if blizzard 'reworked' some of the BG maps to prevent attacks through hills/walls/etc, but it would also effect a healers ability to keep you(and your teammates) alive. There's a definite trade off.

Either way, to think that hunters can attack through walls and rocks that no one else can is incorrect.

Why do you specify "hunter?" LOS works the same for all classes. You're just as likely to get a fireball, shadowbolt, or wrath through terrain as a hunter projectile.

because hunters can only be LoS'ed because of no casting time? and other casters can be outran

Do not fear, there's LoS tools in Twin Peaks everywhere.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    Why do you specify "hunter?" LOS works the same for all classes. You're just as likely to get a fireball, shadowbolt, or wrath through terrain as a hunter projectile.
    Maybe it would be hunter specifically because hunters spells have auto target on them while other ranged casters don't. Try clicking fireball, shadowbolt or anything else on a caster you will get I have no target, then click with a hunter on steady shot or any other shot it pulls up a target for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    phat nice, they should add some to the giant tree stumps in WSG too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain View Post
    Hunters have the same LoS that any other ranged class does. It also happens to be the same LoS that healers are effected by. That being said, it would be smart if blizzard 'reworked' some of the BG maps to prevent attacks through hills/walls/etc, but it would also effect a healers ability to keep you(and your teammates) alive. There's a definite trade off.

Either way, to think that hunters can attack through walls and rocks that no one else can is incorrect.
    I'd gladly make that trade off so would everyone. If you dont know why I'm specifically talking about hunters then you are either playing dumb or you play a hunter yourself. Generally you can out run a caster and they cant target you. However with a hunter with instant skills you cant run away or do anything to save yourself you might aswell stand still and out in the open because thats what it is basically...

---------- Post added 2010-10-07 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    I shall be looking forward to this~

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshie View Post
    I'd gladly make that trade off so would everyone. If you dont know why I'm specifically talking about hunters then you are either playing dumb or you play a hunter yourself. Generally you can out run a caster and they cant target you. However with a hunter with instant skills you cant run away or do anything to save yourself you might aswell stand still and out in the open because thats what it is basically...
    I will 100% agree that there is more of a 'warning' period with other classes (a hunter can unload on you before you have a chance to run) but just the same a lock can load you up with dots and a mage can absolutely attack you through the same terrain - as can any other ranged class. As much as this has always been present in BGs, it is at its worst now because players are killing each other in 2-3 globals, and hunters have great burst damage. A melee class doesn't even have a chance to run around the terrain to get to the ranged class because they're dead in roughly 4 seconds.

For the record, I have three 80s (yes, one is a hunter), of the other two, one is melee, and one is a healer. I would have no problem with Blizzard making this change, but phrasing it that they need to "fix' hunter's los" makes you seem like you're QQing, not addressing an issue that is taken advantage of by every ranged or healing class.

Also, Endler89 mentioned that Steadyshot will 'pick' a target for you, however any ranged class can just as easily tab target, or adjust their camera angle to click a target.

Again for the record - I am not denying this issue exists, I am not saying its not a valid concern, I'm simply saying that it is 100% incorrect to claim this advantage is exclusive to hunters.

Blizzard specifically has rocks/pillars/other objects have LOS in BG's and arenas because it encourages competitive gameplay. To have it anywhere else, especially in the open world where PvP doesn't matter for every single doodad/tree/etc would be a huge waste of development time.