Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The orc responsible for the design of the defensive structures of the herd should be punished due his/her severe incompetence, and the one in charge of training the archers of the horde towers should follow the same path. I'm beginning to think that somewhere there is a goblin pocketing the money from cheating in the maintenance costs of the defenses of the horde.
    On topic, the map is imbalanced in its design, but the advantage the alliance have only is noticeable where both sides ignore the pvp and turn the battleground into a rush to the generals.
    Wait a moment...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshowl View Post
    People need to just stop whining in general about it. It doesn't make ANY difference, due to the complexity of the map layout there is ABSOLUTELY no balance in it. It's either one side or the other with the advantage, and it isn't a groundbreaking advantage either. I've seen Horde win AV and I've seen Alliance win AV, big deal. Seriously, its a game.
    it be a better game if it was actually FAIR!

AV is so ally biased atm, they will need to remake the entire map to make it balanced. What is so unbalanced you ask? ...I dont even know where to begin.

15+ Year Old Account
    AV is balanced if people would actually play it properly. Rushing Van without back capping or guarding caps is NOT how you do it. FYI, you can avoid the alliance archers in bunkers except the one directly across the flag by capping it behind the pillars (ZOMG YOU CAN DO DATS?!?!!?).

If you really want to win AV as horde, this is all you have to do:

/bg 1-5 Bal--> Gate --> Recap IBT/TP
    /bg 6 SPGY -->Van
    /bg 7 SHB-->Van
    /bg 8 IWB-->Van
    /bg 1-6 Rogues/Druids --> AS/N&S
    /bg Release all wing commanders
    /bg DO NOT CAP SHGY
    /bg DO NOT CAP SFGY

Wanna do it while controlling everything?

/ra Grp. 1-4 Behind galv's building
    /ra Rush galv after red writing in chat
    /ra Grp. 5/6 --> SHGY Cap
    /ra Keep flag + Small choke point
    /ra Wait for backup
    /ra 7/8 D @ FWRH --> IB Choke
    /ra 1 R /D --> Lower/Upper Mines

Wanna know why horde never wins? Because no one listens.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshowl View Post
    People need to just stop whining in general about it. It doesn't make ANY difference, due to the complexity of the map layout there is ABSOLUTELY no balance in it. It's either one side or the other with the advantage, and it isn't a groundbreaking advantage either. I've seen Horde win AV and I've seen Alliance win AV, big deal. Seriously, its a game.
    I bet you play Alliance. Seriously AV has always been the most broken BG in terms of balance, favouring the Alliance greatly.

On my battlegroup, horde win AV far more than Alliance, so meh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

Quote Originally Posted by Katanasteel View Post
    I believe the idea is. AV is a 40 man, if you are queuing for it as a rated BG it is a 25 man since getting a 40 man team is a little intense.
    Meh. Wasn't that hard to get 40 people for raids in vanilla. People are just lazy.

Deleted
    What they need to do is remove Sota, IoC and AV from the Random/Weekly/Rated rotation. Rewamp AV to its former glory with no ressource cap. This way if you enjoy theese maps you can queue for them. I predict AV old school will be the most played BG and IoC & SotA will go rott in the cornor because they suck and is more of a punishment then a joy to play.

Old School AV was balanced by the fact that the horde summoned super monster started out weaker then the alliance but could grow alot stronger which made up for alliance terrain advantage.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things that favor Alliance slightly:
    1.) Death bridge vs. jump over the fence.
    2.) Tower design (in general).
    3.) Main base layout.

Everything else is so minor as to be ignored, even in a rated BG setting. Having played both sides they really are imbalanced - but I would expect that'd change the odds from 50-50 to 60-40 at most (and I'm not sure I'd even grant you tht much of a difference). We're not talking a 99-1 victory by any means.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    They need to fix the Alliance issues in the battleground (solving easy entrance exploits into our base) and giving them an extremely narrow choke to funnel through (like the death bridge) and everything will be fine.
    i dont think they should. strategy is knowing when to exploit those things or use them. just takes a smart group of players. if your doing a rated AV with a group of 25 and the opposing team is not, its not biased, that team should win considering they are all probably on vent communicated and the other team is not.

1 thing I just don't get no matter how hard I try is why the fuck are tower entrances pointing north so Alliance can just casually walk into them while Horde has to go around, usually passing through Alliance marauders thus entering hk farm mode, in order to enter the bunkers, entrances to which also point north.

Also, Alliance has virtually everything along the route so they can move as one the whole time, while Horde has to split if we want to cap every bunker.

credits: Supernerd

if the slight imbalances of the terrain in AV are why you loose, then you have bigger problems than the terrain.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem is horde have a certain predefined plan for 40vs40 av.

horde:
    15afk
    5 cap towers
    20run around aimlessly

alliance:
    15 zerg
    15 afk
    5 are running into walls

but seriously, "dont cap snowfall strat" might not be the best thing when rbg hits.

u need to get them into a choke hold and use it to your favor. sadly horde lacks choke holds alliance have 2 (bunker #2, and the corner into the bridge) some might say three because of the bridge itself.

horde has the front of the base, the hill up to the last two towers. first horde gy is SORT of but, is easily broken through without a solid team of horde defending

all in call, horde can win it in rated BGS, but i sure as hell wont be queueing 25 man rated bgs unless someone else is organizing. 5-10-15 for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    1 thing I just don't get no matter how hard I try is why the fuck are tower entrances pointing north so Alliance can just casually walk into them while Horde has to go around, usually passing through Alliance marauders thus entering hk farm mode, in order to enter the bunkers, entrances to which also point north.

Also, Alliance has virtually everything along the route so they can move as one the whole time, while Horde has to split if we want to cap every bunker.
    I'm guessing you never figured you could go around the left side of IWB to cap it without taking damage.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    What?! Where was this stated that AV was going to become a 25 vs 25 man BG?

If this is true whats happening to IoC?
    This is indeed happening to IoC as well. Apparently they're going to have a rated bg you queue for weekly based on the # of people you can fit into said BG. (5 one week, 10 another, etc.)

We could argue bias one side or the others for days. I, for one, just want them to bring back the epic feel of AV as another poster mentioned. This PvE Zerg is not fun. AV is supposed to be epic. Put a reasonable time limit on it if you want but bring back that epic feeling. Its 40 vs 40 for crying out loud. Make the objectives important. I'm not in Beta but from what I heard about Tol Barad is you have to take out the outlying bases before you assault the main keep. Something like this in AV would be awesome. They sorta did this with the Warbringers but as we know with the right PvE tanking gear you can simply avoid this.

AV alliance biased?

Maybee, maybee.

But if your at fixing it, could you please also fix the totaly Horde biased Arathi Basin aswell please?

Like could we now reach BS without making an "In 80 seconds around the Basin" trip please?

Whoever said they should take away the win by killing the end boss is right. The Horde wins a ton on the other battlegrounds and then gets to AV and starts magically losing. Did the Alliance players get better because now they're suddenly in a different bg? No...that doesn't make sense. There must be external factors helping them.

Also I've found that Horde never loses when they cap Snowfall Graveyard. Man for man, the Horde seems to rape the Alliance. Horde, if your battlegroup seems to always get stomped in AV then go cap SFGY and win through reinforcements. It puts the PvP back in the bg and it makes it more fun. Don't listen to the people who are sitting there raging when you cap SFGY.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    It's unbalanced because the Horde HAS to do all that to win. The Alliance can just truck through. If it were balanced both teams would be capable of just rolling into the bosses' room and killing it.
    Last edited by Micalas; 2010-10-10 at 06:01 PM.

I think AV is fine as it is and so do Blizzard if they haven't made any big changes to it since vanilla.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its simple logic that dwarfs know how to build defensive systems better then orcs in the mountains. On the other hand, just counter those advantages... play abit strategic