10+ Year Old Account

Character Disappearance

I'm curious if there is anyway for a character to be taken out of a guild without it showing up on the guild log on the guild roster.

There's a person in our guild that had three characters in our guild and two of them literally vanished and there no listing of when on the guild log. Upon looking at the armory of all three of them, it appears that he was hacked (only gear left on them is the tier 10 gear that can't be sold to a vendor).

I've never seen this before and I'm left just scratching my head about this one as I've never seen anything like it happen before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Friendly guess....he was transferred off the server. If he is still on the server....then no idea.

Deletion, transfering, horde>Alliance and vica versa. Any of those three may explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    Friendly guess....he was transferred off the server. If he is still on the server....then no idea.
    According to the armory and wow-heroes, he's still in our guild. That's the thing we don't understand.

The armory can be slow to update. And wow-heroes is sourced from the armory.

If he has been hacked, they may have transferred the character to another account. This will silently de-guild someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have been looking for our MT one day. There was no info in guild log, he just disappeared. Found few hours later he transfered character to his 2nd account. So it was happy end :-)

And AFAIK, armory is updated when you press Logout or Exit game. So if he transfered and dont logged in game yet, armory might be showing him still in your guild.
    Last edited by druidicitus; 2010-10-07 at 02:31 PM. Reason: that armory thing
    English is not my mainspec!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. My thinking was that he was hacked and transferred, but I've never seen it happen that way. Guess we'll just play the waiting game to see if he gets back to us and lets us know what's going on.