4.0 Dk tanking still a frantic spam

I Just got done tanking on my dk in the ptr, and yes the dps might not be correctly tuned with lvl 80 heroics but with the current rune system it is a frantic spam of abilities to even hold even the tiniest bit of threat, with no time to use a Cd even if i had the rune resource to use it in the first place.

The issues im currently having are
    1: the cd on d+d is way too long, good that its only one Unholy rune but when you end up using d+d on one pack and the 2nd gets face pulled by dps you cant do jack about it except hope that you have a blood/death rune for a blood boil or some cd to get a blood rune.

2: the rune system is far too clunky, using a basic rotation i have BBFFUU, use one u for d+d, It then ps then spread the deseases, so i have a B and F left for the next 8 sec and the dps are quickly catching up to me on threat or have passed it already, i use blood boil and hope that keeps me above threat but then i have a floating frost rune for 5s by this point the dps have pulled off me and other than taunting a mob back i can hold it for about the 4 s taunt lasts...and then only then ill have a rune back to do something and still nothing for AOE threat.

3: The rune empowerment system sucks to tank RNG to get a rune strike, then 30% RNG on that rune strike to get a RNG depleted rune and you have to hope its right one, now you ask "But you can use death coil". true we can use death coil and dont have to rely on RNG but dose a 2k deathcoil (4k in total threat) hold off the threat say a 8k frostbolt?

If im deadly wrong tell me, but as it stands at the moment

Deleted
    With too much resources, and not enough threat, I think you might be in frost presence and not blood. It's a very simple and common mistake on the PTR/Beta. With the 200% threat buff in current PTR build it's virtually impossible not to have threat on everything.

Unless it hasn't hit PTR it shouldn't be random to be able to use runestrike. When in the correct presence, BLOOD, Rune strike no longer requires a dodge/parry to use it.

Almost all of your tanking concerns can be answered with the blue quote I got in my signature...

If DpS f's up, it's their fault, not yours and saving the healer shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Every DpS has some kind of panic button if they F up and I'm sure they will use them somewhat more often in the next X-pac

As stated previously, blood presence is our tank presence now. Even before the latest threat change I was cackling maniacally past the dps' threat in my groups on the beta realm @80. DnD isn't our huge aoe threat savior anymore, free bloodboils are.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s View Post
    Unless it hasn't hit PTR it shouldn't be random to be able to use runestrike. When in the correct presence, BLOOD, Rune strike no longer requires a dodge/parry to use it.
    I was on the ptr yesterday after they buffed all tanks threat. And the new change to be able to spam RS anytime you want, if you have the RP of course, was not added into the ptr build. It was added only to beta.

To the OP. I run my rotation for AoE tanking as this.....D&D>PS>IT>Pest>BB>DS. Then after that I just tab target everything and RS as needed while spamming HS to make sure that an extra mob is also being hit while I hit the one I'm targeting. Also keep in mind that Blizz is also tuning these class changes for the lvl85 cap. Also if you haven't noticed just about every tank is being tuned for Cata and its making a huge impact for wrath since this xpac was so AoE heavy and Cata is supposed to be more focused on CC to get through trash packs.

Yes currently I also hate having a 30sec cd on D&D but we all, and I mean everyone - tanks, healers, dps, just have to learn how to adjust with these changes and do what needs to be done to ensure that things go smooth in raids and heroics.

Idk what ptr you were playing thor, but rune strike has not changed yet still requires a dodge or parry to light up

Quote Originally Posted by makominami View Post
    Idk what ptr you were playing thor, but rune strike has not changed yet still requires a dodge or parry to light up
    He didn't say that change was active on the ptr. He said it was on the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!