Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Unhappy

i'll switch from disc to holy...
    gonna use int+haste, haste and haste+spirit to reach the 1,2k haste cap (more
    renew ticks + faster heals = YAAAY!)

i gonna reforge every piece of crit on my gear to haste or mastery...

but what should i choose? is the holy mastery really that strong? should
    i keep my haste lower than the cap, and use more mastery instead? i dont know...
    i was the shield-b*tch for ages, no real holy experience

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlebird View Post
    i'll switch from disc to holy...
    gonna use int+haste, haste and haste+spirit to reach the 1,2k haste cap (more
    renew ticks + faster heals = YAAAY!)

i gonna reforge every piece of crit on my gear to haste or mastery...

but what should i choose? is the holy mastery really that strong? should
    i keep my haste lower than the cap, and use more mastery instead? i dont know...
    i was the shield-b*tch for ages, no real holy experience
    Yes the holy mastery is amazing. You want to reforge your spirit into mastery and any crit into mastery. You end up losing about 250MP5 and 4% crit which may seem like a kick in the teeth at first but you have to learn to manage mana in other ways. I may switch back to H solace to make up the lost MP5 but will have to try it out in a raid first.

I did an ony 10 for kicks to practice our new stuff and echos of light was about 1/4 of my healing done so the mastery definitely is worth it's weight.
    Last edited by Maxpowr; 2010-10-13 at 08:01 AM.

thx max!

but currently i just got about 670 haste, and without serependity it takes ages to cast an poh... what haste value should i aim for? eu servers still down, so i cant try some stuff... just theorycrafting here...

I am completely confused. I'm doing some testing with my reforging and I got to 690 haste 21.04%. My renew buff says it heals every 2.48 seconds, which should give me 4 ticks over the 12 second duration but I get 5. The 5th tick is for the full amount too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    Yes the holy mastery is amazing. You want to reforge your spirit into mastery and any crit into mastery. You end up losing about 250MP5 and 4% crit which may seem like a kick in the teeth at first but you have to learn to manage mana in other ways. I may switch back to H solace to make up the lost MP5 but will have to try it out in a raid first.

I did an ony 10 for kicks to practice our new stuff and echos of light was about 1/4 of my healing done so the mastery definitely is worth it's weight.
    I think haste would be better for lvl 80 because health pools are much smaller compared to the incoming damage if you compare it to Cataclysm at lvl 85. Wouldnt more mastery just mean a lot of overhealing of the HoT part? I think quick reflexes by reducing the cast time can save more lives and get higher output than mastery atm. But on the way to lvl 85 mastery will probably be better because the HoT wont overheal as much and healing per mana becomes an issue then, which haste doesnt solve but mastery does.

I am completely confused. I'm doing some testing with my reforging and I got to 690 haste 21.04%. My renew buff says it heals every 2.48 seconds, which should give me 4 ticks over the 12 second duration but I get 5. The 5th tick is for the full amount too.
    The reason behind this is probalbly the change to the renew glyph. Renew will always have 5 ticks, the sixth being the extra one to aim for with haste.

Deleted
    Btw, it seems like the Echoes of Light mastery also procs from Holy Word: Sanctuary, even though it is a HoT

Alright guys, so i reforge all my crit into a little more haste, and most of my spirit into mastery, rocking about only 15% Mastery, 29.98% haste, and about 1050 MP5 Unbuffed OOC. I have a normal solace, a normal althors, and the normal glowing twilight scale, opinions? Should i just have reforged all crit into mastery instead of haste or what. Help me out here gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayah View Post
    I think haste would be better for lvl 80 because health pools are much smaller compared to the incoming damage if you compare it to Cataclysm at lvl 85. Wouldnt more mastery just mean a lot of overhealing of the HoT part? I think quick reflexes by reducing the cast time can save more lives and get higher output than mastery atm. But on the way to lvl 85 mastery will probably be better because the HoT wont overheal as much and healing per mana becomes an issue then, which haste doesnt solve but mastery does.
    Well, The reason I can do that is because my haste is already sitting 1164. Others may not have haste at my level but I believe you should be aiming for 1014.

I won't worry about leveling to 85 into cata actually hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    I think I am gonna stick with my current setup.

Red - 10 Int + 10 Haste
    Yellow - 20 Haste
    Blue - 10 Haste + 10 Spirit

Probably reforge the crit into mastery.
    /agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Sayah View Post
    Btw, it seems like the Echoes of Light mastery also procs from Holy Word: Sanctuary, even though it is a HoT
    Shhhh nobody tell blizz.

Actually Charka+Prayer of Healing+ Circle of Healing + Holy Word Sanctuary, is a rediculous combination. It works TOO well.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    Shhhh nobody tell blizz.

Actually Charka+Prayer of Healing+ Circle of Healing + Holy Word Sanctuary, is a rediculous combination. It works TOO well.
    Yes, it's absolutely retarded.

Here's a breakdown of my healing on Sindragosa 25-man HM today.

Prayer of Healing 983148 24.6 %
    Echo of Light 848362 21.2 %
    Holy Word: Sanctuary 763896 19.1 %
    Circle of Healing 598956 15.0 %

that's the order from 1-4 highest healings, now Sanctuary is quite high cause i got Unchained Magic ALOT, and using Sanctuary actually doesn't give you a stack of it, so if your PoH Chakra is still up, use it... alot.

Also, mana isn't an issue at all, didn't reforged everything for the raid tho since i didn't know how the mana situation would be, but reforge all crit to mastery, if there's none, then reforge the Spirit. A 250~ MP5 loss is well worth it for the mastery.

What are your stats for this raid? Mastery/haste/sp/crit and regenper5ooc

Not really sure what my stats were since changed after, but currently (unbuffed) i got:

3837 SP
    28.76% Haste (943 Haste)
    931 MP5 (710 in combat)
    20.27% crit
    17.63% Mastery (442 Mastery rating)

Had around 230 Mastery rating during the raid, so expect it to go up by quite a bit for the next raid.