Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Spriest vs Arms Warrior

I have both lvl 80 Priest and a lvl 80 Warrior in wotlk. My question is what of those two class is better in cataclysm pvp?
    Im asking this because im not sure which class i want to lvl 85 for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, you shouldn't ask "which is better". That question assumes too much. Instead, try asking questions like "what are the strengths/weaknesses of these classes" or "which do you think is more fun to play?" All you'll get with a "which is better" thread is a bunch of people saying "PICK WHICH ONE U LIKE!"

Shadow Priests are going to be really fun. They have lots of control, good survivability, and a couple new mechanics such as a fear on VT dispel, the apparitions, and the shadow orbs.

Warriors are not doing the best damage at the moment, but that will be changed by the time the game is released. They will be super mobile around the battlefield.

I hear atm prot is the best way to go for pvp at 85 at least right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

You shouldn't actually be making these types of thread, as it says in the Forum guidelines. Anything asking "What should I do" or "What should I play" are technically against the rules.
    That being said, I will say exactly as the first response said - Pick whichever you find most fun. This is a game.

i am in the same position, spriests to me seem much easier to play and currently on ptr are waaay over-powered.I wanna take mine to cata but i anticipate some massive nerfs to em.I don't wanna take a class to cata when it's gonna get hit by the nerf bat really bad first.
    On the otherhand if they don't do anything bout it then you can expect em to be very popular in cata.

i absolutely love the new mana change masochism, it may make shadowpriest viable for 2v2 healers comps now.As for bg's they still own even in their current state.

Can't say much for warrios ive only played prot pvp as a 69 twink , which i did enjoy , most people i have heard have said it's lookin really good especially for bgs.You can find a prot doing bg's on wowmovies.com lookin pretty solid at that as for arms hav'nt heard much bout it either.

so id go with priest for now coz shadow seems amzingly good, as for disc , that also seems good too

and as the guy above me said this thread may be closed due to the type of question

Deleted
    Your question is a little bit comfusing.You're talking for caster dps with self heal and group buffs vs the pure killer melee dps...
    Well melees atm are not good in general (except rogue).But that will change.Assuming it changes and the game balances you're question could better be "do i want a caster dps/ can be healer or a melee dps/can be tank? ".
    They are entirely different things. Better think what playstyle suits u more. I 'll play my spriest,and my rogue.But in with more weight in Spriest cause of the playstyle.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnus View Post
    Shadow Priests are going to be really fun. They have lots of control, good survivability, and a couple new mechanics such as a fear on VT dispel, the apparitions, and the shadow orbs.
    paladins eat shit!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I suspect that alot of class changes will happen when they start the beta raiding. That'll be the key time that they really do a legit numbers pass and buff and nerf classes to balance them at 85. So I would hold off on deciding which you want to do for PvP.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Personally I would go with the warrior. They have always been great in PvP, especially in the later seasons as they generally scale very well with gear.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

http://www.yarg-rexxar.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monath View Post
    Personally I would go with the warrior. They have always been great in PvP, especially in the later seasons as they generally scale very well with gear.
    I believe when Cataclysm hits the correct term would be "warrior scaled very well with gear". All I see now is whining about warriors on PTR.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Monath View Post
    Yeah, but they normalized rage, so (If all goes according to plan lulz) they won't be so weak when Cataclysm begins and so godly near the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izic View Post
    I have both lvl 80 Priest and a lvl 80 Warrior in wotlk. My question is what of those two class is better in cataclysm pvp?
    let me rephrase that for you
    "i wanna pwn, please tell me what class is op so i can faceroll everyone to oblivion. k thx, bye"

this leads me to believe you leveled both during their flavor of the month period, warrior for the 75% healing redux and s-priest for the insane dots. play something that sticks to you instead of going with the herd.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    You shouldn't actually be making these types of thread, as it says in the Forum guidelines. Anything asking "What should I do" or "What should I play" are technically against the rules.
    That being said, I will say exactly as the first response said - Pick whichever you find most fun. This is a game.
    I love the "pick whatever is most fun" responses, because, fun sometimes lies in the ability to do things and not be roflstomped, which is all determined by the balanced/unbalanced class. You may find Arms to be THE MOST AMAZING SPEC IN THE WORLD, but it doesn't always mean much when it's the worst spec ever and is not very viable for anything. Not many play to lose or fail, so that must mean being viable is somewhat crucial in having "fun". I'm not flaming or denying the truth in what you said, just adding my thoughts on this typical response lol.

This honestly is a question that can only be answered by the role you want to play. Warriors will be useful in BGs for being a cleave class while SPriests give dispel protection and steady damage to single or multiple targets. Each obviously have their own mechanics and make them useful in different situations. Figure out if you like melee or caster more, figure out what kind of PVP you want to do, figure out what kind of role you want to play, and then base your decisions off of that. I don't know about you, but I make my characters based on what I want to do and accomplish.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omnus View Post
    Remember, you shouldn't ask "which is better". That question assumes too much. Instead, try asking questions like "what are the strengths/weaknesses of these classes" or "which do you think is more fun to play?" All you'll get with a "which is better" thread is a bunch of people saying "PICK WHICH ONE U LIKE!"

Warriors are not doing the best damage at the moment, but that will be changed by the time the game is released. They will be super mobile around the battlefield.
    Yea i understand your point. What i wanted to know is whats + and - about the both classes. Thanks for the info tbh

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Sorry :O
    Last edited by mmoc7427d6e792; 2010-10-08 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    paladins eat shit!!!
    No You!!!! -__-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batranu the 2nd View Post
    let me rephrase that for you
    "i wanna pwn, please tell me what class is op so i can faceroll everyone to oblivion. k thx, bye"

this leads me to believe you leveled both during their flavor of the month period, warrior for the 75% healing redux and s-priest for the insane dots. play something that sticks to you instead of going with the herd.
    Heh that was funny comment xD

It can just me but it sounds like your looking for the flavor of the month here. Thats not how the game is supposed to be played. Pick the class that suits you and have fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izic View Post
    Arms Warrior what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbUjV3lrL4I

Obvious what you should choose.

I think you should ask Swifty, not mmotrollchampion.

Deleted
    Serious response inc:

Historically Shadowpriests have been rather weak throughout WoW Arena history. This was until patch 3.3 when they managed to brake-even with other caster speccs. Now if you like duels, then Shadowpriests are a good class to play as they are traditionally an excellent duel specc. They have self-healing, Dots and decent damage coupled with a few mid-cooldown interrupts and abilities.
    However, their mana-management is very volatile and can burn itself very quickly.

-Good damage
    -Average control
    -Average survivability
    -weak mana-management
    -more of a "one-trick-pony"
    -medium skill-cap

Warriors on the other hand are pretty much the exact opposite. Generally not the best duel class, as a Warrior needs to take damage in order to deal damage. The high mobility pays of in real PvP more than it does in duels. However, coupled with a healer, Warriors have always been one of the strongest pvp classes.

-Average damage
    -Great mobility
    -Average survivability
    -Rage requires you to take damage to deal damage, ergo best coupled with a healer.
    -More versatile than a Shadowpriest.
    -high skill cap

Now, while I don't think Shadowpriests will be as bad as pre 3.3 it is a bit more risky to play one compared to a Warrior. While Shadowpriests might melt-face in duels....they won't perform nearly as well in actual PvP. Also, Shadowpriests are a specc, not a class. So if they under-perform, they might simply be ignored by Blizz as they were in the past. Warriors are a class however, and Blizz likes every class to have at least one competitive specc. Chances are these will be Arms and/or Prot for Warriors.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2010-10-10 at 12:27 PM.