Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Ummm, Can we just give every class a Bubble, a fear, a heal, an MS effect, a pet, short range instant cast spells, long range cast spells, totems, runes, and a cleanse and then see how fun the game is?

There is a reason some classes don't have what others have. If you can't work around your classes weaknesses, and maximize its strength, reroll, or better yet, quit.

Now if this topic was a "How can we tweak this spell idea into a workable not OP form" You wouldn't get flamed to death, because thats just what Ret needs, an AoE stun, bubble, two single target stuns, plate armor, and healing spells.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    Ummm, Can we just give every class a Bubble, a fear, a heal, an MS effect, a pet, short range instant cast spells, long range cast spells, totems, runes, and a cleanse and then see how fun the game is?

There is a reason some classes don't have what others have. If you can't work around your classes weaknesses, and maximize its strength, reroll, or better yet, quit.

Now if this topic was a "How can we tweak this spell idea into a workable not OP form" You wouldn't get flamed to death, because thats just what Ret needs, an AoE stun, bubble, two single target stuns, plate armor, and healing spells.
    Did you read the OP? Did you read the reply from nescafe? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? The OP was simply asking what happened to the spell. Trolling ensued.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by cooespooh View Post
    The problem with that argument is that both of those abilities that you mention have a similar cooldown or have requirements to cast. Deep Freeze either requires you to proc Fingers of Frost or use a spell that freezes an enemy in place, the latter being easily avoidable by anyone with half a brain and something similar to Hand of Freedom. Kidney Shot, however, requires you to have combo points on the target, meaning you can't do it immedietly. Unlike those two, Hammer of Justice has no requirement to use and can be used as an opening attack just like any of their other abilities.
    Yes it's really hard for a frostmage to freeze shit or for a rogue to get 5 combo points, I mean it's not like it happens automatically with almost every single of their attacks. Oh wait.
    Also the cooldowns are less than half and not similar at all.

Deleted
    Left without a new unique ability? Paladins are getting plenty of new and unique things. You get a summonable guardian that does something different based on what talent spec you are. That's pretty wicked if you ask me. Not to mention the new resource system, the addition of fun abilities for healing paladins (so they don't choose between two spells and just spam those for every given situation, PVE or PVP) not to mention a complete overhaul of the damage mechanics of the Retribution tree... a LOT of stuff is changing for paladins, and paladins remain extremely unique.
    Right, it is CHANGING for the sake of balance or whatever you might call it. Let me get this right:

A guardian which heals / absorbs damage / deals damage is NOT exactly a new unique ability. We cant even control it ourselves. It does what we did before, filling smale roles like a hot, a dot or a shield wall (which got nerfed anyways, so this negates it pretty much).

No one asked for a new resource system, it even nerfs us in PvP by increasing our ramp up time to deal effective damage. I'll repeat myself, no one asked for a resource system where you have 3 different options, another heal, another damaging attack, or what they did to Prots by introducing this system. Prot rotation got even simplier, removing the need to watch 6 different (+3 other, and dmg reduction abilities) CDs, to watching when CS is off cooldown and then use ShoR - now fill the gaps between CS CD with either Judgement, Holy Wrath or Shieldthrow ..... wow.

I dont play Holy - I dont care what spell the Holy Paladin gets. It is for the sake of balance, to bring the paladin up to be competive in something other than tank healing. It should've happened 4 years ago if you ask me, and it's NOT a major achievement.

----

Now I ask you to compare this to other abilities which other classes got, along with new UNIQUE skills coming with complete new mechanics they even developed some old skills to be *upgradeable* with old ones.
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2010-10-07 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Priest = do dmg with shadow
    paladin = completely fucked
    druid = feral and balance abilities for dmg
    shamman = fire spells

They can all do something if they are locked out of their healing tree
    and you can auto swing... sorry had to

I must be missing something, but i think its very situational.. are we talking pvp/pve/soling/arena what?

No druid i know who is healing is going to switch to feral and dps anything.
    Yes a priest can throw up some dots, and you might(?) see a resto shaman throw a lava burst if locked out.

But other than a spell that completely silences you, i can only see a school-lock-out affecting holy paladins the most (ret if they get caught in a heal) so again it depends on what spec you are talking about also.

The problem with that argument is that both of those abilities that you mention have a similar cooldown or have requirements to cast. Deep Freeze either requires you to proc Fingers of Frost or use a spell that freezes an enemy in place, the latter being easily avoidable by anyone with half a brain and something similar to Hand of Freedom. Kidney Shot, however, requires you to have combo points on the target, meaning you can't do it immedietly. Unlike those two, Hammer of Justice has no requirement to use and can be used as an opening attack just like any of their other abilities.
    You mention Kidney Shot while evading mention of Cheap Shot, which is an opening stun that supplies nearly half the maximum prerequisite of Kidney Shot. Also, outside of a Mage's direct freeze effects, any of his frost spells have nearly a 28% chance to leave you open to a Deep Freeze.

Dear Blizzard,

Rock is too hard. He is round and breaks stuff. Can you soften rock and/or Make it so I can break all rocks. Paper is fine and needs to learn how to play.

Sincerely,

Scissors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Yes it's really hard for a frostmage to freeze shit or for a rogue to get 5 combo points, I mean it's not like it happens automatically with almost every single of their attacks. Oh wait.
    Also the cooldowns are less than half and not similar at all.
    Once again, missing the point. Both abilities have a requirement before they can be used. As a result, they cannot be used whenever the user feels like it. They need to be used when they CAN. A frost mage won't always have the enemy frozen, and a good PVPer will use the abilities they have to break snare and roots before they are stunned. A rogue that is caught out of stealth won't be able to use Kidney Shot immedietly. They will have to get to the target, which usually means they die, and then generate combo points. That is the flaw with the Rogue scheme in this regard; they cannot survive if they do not have the first attack and use Kidney Shot right away.
    The paladin stun, once more, has no requirement to cast. It can be cast as long as the caster is not locked out of the school, losing control of their character, silenced, whatever. It can be used as an opening, it can be used in the middle of an enemy cast, as a gap closer, or even right before they die if you feel stupid. Not to mention there are talents to reduce the cooldown, if I'm not mistaken.
    This is the tradeoff for the long cooldown. The cooldown is long because the stun duration is long and the spell can be used whenever. It's just like Counterspell for mages; it has the longest cooldown of all interrupts, but the reason it does is because it also is the only interrupt that can be cast from long range. You will also notice that the ratio of cooldown/interrupt duration is bigger than any other interrupt; most have a cooldown about twice as long as the duration of the interrupt, while Counterspell's cooldown is much more than twice the duration. It's not that Counterspell is weaker; it's the trade off.
    Last edited by cooespooh; 2010-10-07 at 08:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCantwell View Post
    A 2 second AoE stun? You do realize with the stun it is an interrupt.
    You do realize that you can't really interrupt anything with that, besides maybe pyroblast.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Right, it is CHANGING for the sake of balance or whatever you might call it. Let me get this right:

A guardian which heals / absorbs damage / deals damage is NOT exactly a new unique ability. We cant even control it ourselves. It does what we did before, filling smale roles like a hot, a dot or a shield wall (which got nerfed anyways, so this negates it pretty much).

No one asked for a new resource system, it even nerfs us in PvP by increasing our ramp up time to deal effective damage. I'll repeat myself, no one asked for a resource system where you have 3 different options, another heal, another damaging attack, or what they did to Prots by introducing this system. Prot rotation got even simplier, removing the need to watch 6 different (+3 other, and dmg reduction abilities) CDs, to watching when CS is off cooldown and then use ShoR - now fill the gaps between CS CD with either Judgement, Holy Wrath or Shieldthrow ..... wow.

I dont play Holy - I dont care what spell the Holy Paladin gets. It is for the sake of balance, to bring the paladin up to be competive in something other than tank healing. It should've happened 4 years ago if you ask me, and it's NOT a major achievement.
    I'm sorry, but with that logic i'm pretty sure every class didn't get something "new and exciting" in this expansion. Most spells are already found somewhere else with a new name on it or a different color...

Once again, missing the point. Both abilities have a requirement before they can be used. As a result, they cannot be used whenever the user feels like it. They need to be used when they CAN. A frost mage won't always have the enemy frozen, and a good PVPer will use the abilities they have to break snare and roots before they are stunned. A rogue that is caught out of stealth won't be able to use Kidney Shot immedietly. They will have to get to the target, which usually means they die, and then generate combo points. That is the flaw with the Rogue scheme in this regard; they cannot survive if they do not have the first attack and use Kidney Shot right away.
    The paladin stun, once more, has no requirement to cast. It can be cast as long as the caster is not locked out of the school, losing control of their character, silenced, whatever. It can be used as an opening, it can be used in the middle of an enemy cast, as a gap closer, or even right before they die if you feel stupid. Not to mention there are talents to reduce the cooldown, if I'm not mistaken.
    Silly me, I forgot that Paladins can CoS Vanish. Your argument is completely valid. If someone has "gotten the jump" on your rogue, you have chosen your attack poorly. If it is your intention to run at things in plain sight and hit them with hurty things, Arms Warrior is <---that way.

Ok let's make HoJ require 1 holy power to use and because that is a super difficult requirement let's reduce the cooldown to 20s and make it undispellable, I'm totally cool with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the OP's question was answered on the first post and this thread has been long derailed, it is scheduled for a lock.