Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I think he got disbarred for blatantly refusing to respect a judge's wishes. Something about the court not being "Cristian" enough or something like that. From my understanding even the people technically on his side of the aisle won't touch him anymore.
    That's a real shame too... I thought he was hilarious.

Bad parents gotta blame their parenting deficiencies on something, and it'll never be on themselves. :/

Film star and hollywood VS makers of rival forms of entertainment... yeah, that one's kinda obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    incase you havent heard about the Schwarzenegger v. Electronic Merchant Association/Entertainment Software Association here is part 3 in G4 tvs coverage of this and it brings a lot of valid points.
    http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...rguments-.html

1) responsibility is in the parents to govern what their children can and can not play
    2) violence is indeed an art
    3) some parents raise their children differently and a law governing what parents can give thier kids isn't constitutional
    4) ESRB is doing a better job and denying children violent video games than other media sources (movies, music, etc.)
    5) Crime rate in children has actually gone down since games have had these violent themes.

what are your thoughts?
    WAIT WHAT? How come no one has ever told me this.

Quote Originally Posted by Colphus View Post
    i'm a cher at a seafood restaurant
    i'm a cher
    cher
    censor it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sickslol View Post
    Do you all realize that this is the only thread on mmochampion that we can be 99% sure that everyone posting in this thread is going to agree with each other without flaming. This thread is a massive accomplishment
    I disagree with you! And you know what I think about you?

I think you are....NOT a well dignified and gentrified member of society!

Take that!

Anyway, I like point #4 the most, why do they make this drama about games when movies have it even worse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

I'm pretty against censorship in general. So the looser the slack the better imo.

Two pages without flame. World record anyone?

This reminds me of Extra Credits which brings up some pretty good arguments too. He talks about games/the gaming industry and how they are messing up socially while at the same time giving examples and ideas on how to make better games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must not let this reach 3 pages without someone disagreeing...

Why is this in Cataclysm General Discussion?

My thoughts?
    ... I don't care. :3
    keep on truckin lil' psychos

Quote Originally Posted by Sickslol View Post
    Do you all realize that this is the only thread on mmochampion that we can be 99% sure that everyone posting in this thread is going to agree with each other without flaming. This thread is a massive accomplishment
    And soon, the healing can begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Video games are new and and hard to understand for older generations. And due to their nature, an easy scapegoat to all the society problems (violence etc...).

Edit : @ all retards ''hurr no flames, durr nobody disagrees /brofist'' just get lost please.

Quote Originally Posted by zoma View Post
    Must not let this reach 3 pages without someone disagreeing...

Why is this in Cataclysm General Discussion?
    Woops :/ could of sworn I went down to the other general.

The case isn't concluded this was just esrbs day to step up and defend gaming as an art form.
    If you go to the bottom you should be able to see part 2 and 1.

If this got passed ( pretty sure it won't ) then it could change how developers make their games which would ruin gaming as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Video games are new and and hard to understand for older generations. And due to their nature, an easy scapegoat to all the society problems (violence etc...).
    So has rock music, and rap music, and movies, and comic books, and disco music, and television, and...

This argument goes back forever. New technology and cultural trends are always scary to those who didn't live with them.

Violence is not ONLY an art... but a valuable trade skill as well. Take, for example... hit men. Anyone can go out and smash someone's face in with a bat. But having an ability so fine tuned you are able to manipulate someone's entire body structure into an unrecognizable mass of flesh? That's talent, AND skill. And I mean I... I ummm.

I gotta go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious that Arnie wants to censor violent video games when all of his fame and fortune revolve around him making movies loaded to the hilt with violence, well violent or they were so bad you wanted to commit acts of violence ... Twins anyone.

You could also toss in the fact that politicians have driven people to levels of violence so far beyond anything the idiotic "save the children" crowd could try to blame on video games.

all hail the gaming community we rule woohoo

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixionn View Post
    all hail the gaming community we rule woohoo

werd
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnect View Post
    I find it hilarious that Arnie wants to censor violent video games when all of his fame and fortune revolve around him making movies loaded to the hilt with violence, well violent or they were so bad you wanted to commit acts of violence ... Twins anyone.
    this im sure he even has a game about him, terminator maybe?