Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    not sure if u havent played demo or wut, but ive been playing it since BC and have always used my felguard and always will use my felguard. im a huge demo fan, and even someone intending to use imp over felguard as demo is just a waste. and there is no way that the imp will do the same damage as the felguard, not with the skills the felguard gets. demo's burst is crazy now and has some sick sustained damage thru the fight, then spamming soulfire at the end helps our dps even more. love demo on live, and loving it even more in next patch, hits so damn hard.
    Thing is now that imp and felgaurd actually scale about the same. Now fel dose hit for a bit more damage, but the big draw now is that its semi tanky, has less mana issues, and has aoe. Imp has nothing for aoe really, but with talents its dps is actually compairable to the fel gaurds, which I think is bull.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i havent done any research on this so it may be a basic question, but will imp also give demonic pact? I did about 10 tests and found that Imp does a tiny bit more dps (though I admit that I sucked at hitting the special ability and didnt macro it yet to test that). If so you may get more dps AND a stam buff from imp, but again, i havent done a thorough test of felguard yet

I believe as long as you spec demonic pact it is always up whenever you have a pet out. There is no longer a pet crit required to proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cojack View Post
    Adds don't provide experience, so shadowburn seems useless to me.
    SP doesn't consume Backdraft procs.
    Shadowburn does work on adds in ICC. I tried it on Deathwhisper & Saurfang and it worked.
    Last edited by vulpecula; 2010-10-12 at 07:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    not sure if u havent played demo or wut, but ive been playing it since BC and have always used my felguard and always will use my felguard. im a huge demo fan, and even someone intending to use imp over felguard as demo is just a waste. and there is no way that the imp will do the same damage as the felguard, not with the skills the felguard gets. demo's burst is crazy now and has some sick sustained damage thru the fight, then spamming soulfire at the end helps our dps even more. love demo on live, and loving it even more in next patch, hits so damn hard.
    then you still have a long way to go to understand your warlock class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    Thing is now that imp and felgaurd actually scale about the same. Now fel dose hit for a bit more damage, but the big draw now is that its semi tanky, has less mana issues, and has aoe. Imp has nothing for aoe really, but with talents its dps is actually compairable to the fel gaurds, which I think is bull.
    All the pets are meant to be roughly equal. A Demonologist is about choosing the right Demon for the job, not about simply having a Felguard anymore. Given that was the aim; how are Felhunter and Succy scaling for Demo?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    havent tested that jessicka, I can try it today after work. So I guess now that imp and felguard (assuming they remain the same) are equal, then FG for AOE mobs and Imp for single target. Also we will see if Felstorm or whatever its called gets the auto attack feature...god I hope so...

What's about using Succi with Glyph and Dark Arts as Demo?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    then again, dark arts doesnt affect succi. when i was messing around yesterday I found that glyphed imp and glyphed felguard to almost the exact same. havent tried felhunter yet
    Last edited by weewarrior; 2010-10-12 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    I've been wondering how to spec tomorrow after update. I wanted to get back to destro.

Any1 can tell me if +20% Imp damage is worth glyph? Also - does conflagrate consumes immolate as always? And if Soulfire cast time is reduced or the same as now?

My first post, so I can't link wowhead spec, shame ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    All the pets are meant to be roughly equal. A Demonologist is about choosing the right Demon for the job, not about simply having a Felguard anymore. Given that was the aim; how are Felhunter and Succy scaling for Demo?
    Succy is actually one of the better dps pets, with glyph for lash as afflicton she actually deals about 10% more damage then fel hunter(with full dots up), more then imp(imp only beats succy if you have embers) and is almost the same as fel(but fel lasts longer and has aoe). So overall succy is damn good. Fel hunter though not so much, but i think its more with shadow bites scaling then anything right now.

As for either of them in demo, succy can be good but fel hunter is still just lacking.