Thread: Sore Losers

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Thumbs down Sore Losers

Just for fun I decided to make a post to find out how many people experience sore losers after a duel. Today I was outside of Orgrimmar waiting for my Battleground Que to pop and a Boomkin requested a duel, I accepted the duel and we started fighting, He used Starfall + Treants and I bubbled to basically counter it, The fight dragged on a little in the end I won.

He then had a 5 minute rant about how my class is faceroll and how I only won because I bubbled stupidly, This to me seems ridiculous, What makes more sense? Take a huge amount of damage then bubble heal or just bubble in the first place and do less damage whilst bubbled?

I've played Retribution since TBC, I've seen the lows and the highs of my spec and I'm not going to penalize my tactics for the sake of keeping my opponents happy.

What do you guy's think? Is it bitchy or is it smart to counter an opponents attack no matter how displeasing it is to them?

My future plan is to disable most of the chat channels in WoW and stick to Ventrilo with my guild seriously the chat is becoming like Runescape next I will get told "Armor off noob!" ...

Regards
    Supernovae

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously he was just bad.

Also, 8/10 duelers are sore losers.

Edit:

I've been told not to use Cyclone, (Instant) Heals, Bearform, Dash/Restealth, Feral Charge etc. all the time up untill the point where some Rogue started QQing about Faerie Fire and how it is "so fucking OP". That was about 1 month ago, and after that I've never dueled again versus people I don't know.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2010-10-08 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent done duel's since classic wow, simply because of bitching people. "omg you healed, cheat!" "omg you used X spell, cheat!" "i lagged, re-duel!" and so on and so on.

I was on my lvl78 twink prot warrior (was pvping to 80) I beat a 5.9k GS Unholy DK and he ranted that I was really a lvl80 warrior and I hacked because "WARRIORS CANT DISARM YOU *****ing HACKING NOOB" and how after I beat him I changed into 78 blue gear out of my "S8" ...I lol'd for along time

I once beat a rogue in a duel and he complained for about an hour about mages, and ice block in arena.

It was pretty fun to watch.

His error. Using cooldowns to output great amounts of burst damage KNOWING you could coutner it was a bad move.

yeah..on my pally people starts to QQ when i bubble and heal myself..lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I rarely duel people I don't know, for the same reason...it is a no win situation, usually. It is a good way to practice skills and so forth, but I expect most duelers to be kids looking for more "I R IZ BETTA DAN U" moments

Deleted
    I'm not really into duels, but I remember dueling a warrior on my frost mage back when they had buffed juggernaut so that it reduced the CD to 13 seconds (or something, that was basically when they had a shorter CD on charge than blink so it became tricky for mages)

So I basically tried to remain within 8 yards to prevent him from charging, and won the duel.

The warrior: "you didn't let me charge". Well, duh.

Some people just think they don't deserve to lose anything. Pretty stupid if you ask me, even the top-tier players lose inevitably in some way...let alone all the losses they had to eat on their way up to being as good as they are.

I don't duel. Shit's bogus. This game isn't balanced around 1v1 scenarios. "There's always a bigger fish." As it were. I could make a list a mile long of the imbalances between the classes based around 1v1.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernovà View Post
    This to me seems ridiculous, What makes more sense? Take a huge amount of damage then bubble heal or just bubble in the first place and do less damage whilst bubbled?
    I'll take option three, HoJing/Repenting Starfall instead of wasting your second life.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett View Post
    I'll take option three, HoJing Starfall instead of wasting your second life.
    Agreed. As a ret it's actually not that bad. Freedom each Typhoon, always DS if you've got trees on you, Rotate HoJ and Repentance for Starfall casts. If he's forced to 'clone and heal a bunch, he'll go oom pretty quickly. Bubble as needed.

Duels end in 1 of 2 ways:

"OMG U SCRUB LOLOL I ROFLESTOMPED UR AZZ GO BACK TO SKOOL U FCKN LOOOOOSER!" or

"No, I didn't. Honest. I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!"

Deleted
    @ ALL DUELERS!
    Any spell/move that can be used in arena should be viable in ANY duel.

I can honestly say when i lose a duel that i neither complain nor make excuses. I figured on losing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Duels end in 1 of 2 ways:

"OMG U SCRUB LOLOL I ROFLESTOMPED UR AZZ GO BACK TO SKOOL U FCKN LOOOOOSER!" or

"No, I didn't. Honest. I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!"
    You forgot "My power went out".

Personally I like the good old classic:
    - I Lagged

Deleted
    I'm not a huge duelist at all, but yeah, seems like most people tend to QQ if they lose... :/

Laaaaaaag...!

Anything goes in duels, just like on the streets. If i have to bite some guys balls off to win, i will.

If i lose a duel i just bow and say good duel, quite often when i lose the person would tease me trying to make me duel again but i just bow and it normally angers those guys.
    The spirit of the alliance will never die even when all is lost