Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret seal question

Last night I was doin some Uld hm's and we took a break and did algalon. This guy logged off his hunter and came on his ret pally and I noticed he was using seal of rightiousness(sp?). Last time I checked wasn't curroption/vengeance the best for dps? Only reason I think he's right is because he's a lot better geared and experienced of a raider than I am. So..... Did I miss something somewhere?

Unless he was PvPing in that fight, corruption wins on boss fights. Either that or he was on some mysterious adds the entire time? Iunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

On certain fights Righteousness/Command > Corruption
    Things like Yoggy portal bashers it was far superior, parts of LK are superior for SoC/R, basically any time you're not gonna be standing next to the boss for >30 seconds at a time and need to switch nuke things

Is it a fight where you kill adds in? (I've never done it) But Righteousness is best if there is target switching, command for multi-target/trash, and SoCor/Veng for long single target fights.

^DAMMIT. Beat me to it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jaarh View Post
    Is it a fight where you kill adds in? (I've never done it) But Righteousness is best if there is target switching, command for multi-target/trash, and SoCor/Veng for long single target fights.

^DAMMIT. Beat me to it :P
    no for melee you don't attack anything but him. Only time you stop attacking is to move away from the uh.... Fire explosion things forget what they're called. And to run into the dark matter zone during big bang. So yeah idk what he was doin

10+ Year Old Account
    As note that for most geared Rets, SoCorr will overtake at a 17 second ramp up time.

i think he made it for increase dps through cleave on stars... the only (bad) reason behind doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaikos View Post
    i think he made it for increase dps through cleave on stars... the only (bad) reason behind doing this.
    Righteousness doesn't cleave (yet), so that wouldn't be it. If he'd wanted cleavage he'd have used Command.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    As note that for most geared Rets, SoCorr will overtake at a 17 second ramp up time.
    Eleven for me! It depends on your haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Eleven for me! It depends on your haste.
    17 would be for your ToC geared Rets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of any reason at all why he would use SoR on algalon. At least from my experience a ranged handles the stars, so he shouldn't be doing anything but sitting on the boss and hopping in black holes for big bangs.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

For most intents as purposes, assuming decent ICC gear with decent haste buffs, I find the following is true:

SoV wins in any situation where you're hitting a mob for more than 14 seconds (assuming some lag and reaction time), sometimes it can beat command on two targets assuming you can stack the debuff to 5 on both and still have some time whacking away at them.
    SoC wins in any situation of 3 or more mobs, or 1 mob between 5-14 seconds
    SoR wins in any situation of where you're attacking 1 or maybe 2 targets for less than around 5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    For most intents as purposes, assuming decent ICC gear with decent haste buffs, I find the following is true:

SoV wins in any situation where you're hitting a mob for more than 14 seconds (assuming some lag and reaction time), sometimes it can beat command on two targets assuming you can stack the debuff to 5 on both and still have some time whacking away at them.
    SoC wins in any situation of 3 or more mobs, or 1 mob between 5-14 seconds
    SoR wins in any situation of where you're attacking 1 or maybe 2 targets for less than around 5 seconds.
    SoC will always out preform SoR in PvE past the 251 gear average mark.

Deleted
    Quick question: I know this has been asked and probably answered before, but is our new SoC/SoR hybrid (talented that is) able to crit? So we'd get the big JoR and fancy SoC crits in one Seal
    Obviously talking about 4.x ofc.

there is no big J anymore....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For 4.x there is only tiny J and tiny S.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    For 4.x there is only tiny J and tiny S.
    Thanks for the replies but...Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post
    Thanks for the replies but...Christ.
    Yeah, they neutered holy damage in quite a few ways. I label cataclysm seal/J as "not really noticeable but still there you so have to acknowledge its mediocrity just because" damage for PvP, and "necessary but still not that cool" damage for PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yeah, they neutered holy damage in quite a few ways. I label cataclysm seal/J as "not really noticeable but still there you so have to acknowledge its mediocrity just because" damage for PvP, and "necessary but still not that cool" damage for PvE.
    Let's just hope that everything will turn out ok for us, and that rets are gonna be a viable spec in both pve and pvp after some patching/upgearing.
    I mean, if I wanted to master a complex "rotation" only to do something between mediocre and almost-top damage due to RNG while seeing tiny numbers flying around, I'd play enhancement shaman. If only those were righteous crusaders of the light...

Seriously, at the very least our new signature attack should really hit hard, and I'm talking lavaburst/chaosbolt-hard even on high resilience targets, please, not what I've heard so far. But maybe our reliance on weapon damage is what is holding these attacks back from really doing impressive damage so far? I don't know.
    And there really should be some eye-candy to that attack, I always favored judgement because of burst/looks, what does TV's animation look like? Don't tell me it's just your toon performing the special animation and a smite effect. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post
    Seriously, at the very least our new signature attack should really hit hard, and I'm talking lavaburst/chaosbolt-hard even on high resilience targets, please, not what I've heard so far.
    How long do you play a ret paladin? I think it should be clear right now that if that would be the case we would be "hotfixed" in 24-48h