Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, just go to a dummy, put up one Living Bomb then use Combustion. Then, put up two living bombs and use combustion and compare the damage. Mafs is hard yo.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    Edit: just saw your post above. no, on ptr it only combines the dots on your primary target.
    Thanks you answered my question in one sentence. You can has cookie.

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Oh my god, just go to a dummy, put up one Living Bomb then use Combustion. Then, put up two living bombs and use combustion and compare the damage. Mafs is hard yo.
    I had tried that already and either MSBT was buggin out or something but it only showed Combustion ticking for one dmg but my dps had increased more then when I did it with just one LB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    Thanks you answered my question in one sentence. You can has cookie.

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 12:36 PM ----------

I had tried that already and either MSBT was buggin out or something but it only showed Combustion ticking for one dmg but my dps had increased more then when I did it with just one LB
    err 2 lbs (on two targets) + combust > 1lb + combust ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    err 2 lbs (on two targets) + combust > 1lb + combust ?
    No. It only considers the DoTs you applied to the target of your combustion cast. You could Living Bomb 3 mobs and cast combustion on a 4th and the LB damage WOULD NOT BE APPLIED to the target of combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    No. It only considers the DoTs you applied to the target of your combustion cast. You could Living Bomb 3 mobs and cast combustion on a 4th and the LB damage WOULD NOT BE APPLIED to the target of combustion.
    I think what he meant was "no shit your dps went up, you had an extra LB going."

10+ Year Old Account
    ur photo doesnt work

I feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about using Impact with Pyroblast, Ignite, LB, and the combustion debuff up.
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.

Deleted
    So call me a dumb shit, I'm very curious about something.

So lets say, I throw an LB on my target. Then I throw a Combustion in there.

Does the target still explode? Is the LB changed into the combustion Dot, or does it simply copy the LB dot, keeping the origional LB on the target (Letting that explode, and the other one just ticks over)

Holy shit thats hard to ask/explain..

15+ Year Old Account
    Combustion just adds a new DoT on the target that deals the same damage per time as any DoTs on the target when you cast it, it does nothing to the DoTs themselves.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Combustion just adds a new DoT on the target that deals the same damage per time as any DoTs on the target when you cast it, it does nothing to the DoTs themselves.
    Excellent Smithers...

If I understand the mechanic, this example should work.

You have the following DOTs on the target:

LB for 2k
    Fireball 1k
    Pyroblast 1k
    Ignite 6k

Combustion adds all of the dots together and creates a new dot that ticks for 10k.

Will be interesting to see the theorycrafting on timing it with respect to Ignite.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Quote Originally Posted by Strikesuit View Post
    If I understand the mechanic, this example should work.

You have the following DOTs on the target:

LB for 2k
    Fireball 1k
    Pyroblast 1k
    Ignite 6k

Combustion adds all of the dots together and creates a new dot that ticks for 10k.

Will be interesting to see the theorycrafting on timing it with respect to Ignite.

From what I understand: ignite won't tick as hard as it does on live due to the fact that it'll tick every 2 seconds regardless of the fact you critted again before it could tick. So I assume you'd want to use it when the following are true:

LB on target
    3 stack of FFB (assuming you have it glyphed)
    And after you casted another FB/FFB after you used HS. The reason why you want another spell is because pyroblast has a travel time and you want to ensure that you have the pyro dot on the target.

This is for lvl 80. From what I've read on the beta forums and EJ, at 85 you most likely don't want to wait for a HS proc as our crit rated will be gutted at the 1st tier of raiding. So it might be better to use it when you have:

LB
    FFBx3
    ignite
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I'm really not looking forwards towards the new Combustion, it's hugely better than the current one, but it's also hugely more RNG. Right, Fire needs more RNG.

I would also have to get a Ignite Tracker, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    From what I understand: ignite won't tick as hard as it does on live due to the fact that it'll tick every 2 seconds regardless of the fact you critted again before it could tick.
    Wait, so ... our days of Ignites being munched are over at last?

(rushes off to the PTR to find out if this is true)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    But you put them on the same guy... I'm asking if you put LB on another guy and then use Combustion on a totally new guy will the LB dot be put in on the new guy
    Not that I can tell, If you press the combustion KB on a guy with none of your dots on him it wont go off.

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Wait, so ... our days of Ignites being munched are over at last?

(rushes off to the PTR to find out if this is true)
    Munching won't be gone as it's caused when 2 crits hit at the same time: usually pyro or FB with a LB crit which has nothing to do with the plan that dots keep ticking even if you refresh it to make clipping DoTs less harsh than it is on live.

Damage from ignite should be equal, but less spiky. So instead of the huge "sporadic" ticks, you get a constant stream of smaller ticks.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your ignite will deal more overall damage than it does now, but the individual ticks won't be as high as they are on live.
    BfA Beta Time

Wait, Ignite is going to be more normalized? Yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Your target get's 2x the dots YOU have put on it
    this is pretty much what it is doing.
    Borador

Props to Sanistra for the awesome signature.