Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Where should I preorder?

I'm in a bit of a situation here because first of all I want to get Catacyslm Collectors Edition but at the same time I live in England and shops wont sell it untill 00:00 (GMT) which is an hour behind the servers in Europe.. Plus the traveling from my house to a game shop is approx 20 minutes each way.

I am going to attempt to be the first Paladin to 85 on my server (Yes I have no life blah blah) so instant activation is really required, What I'm wondering is if I preorder from a store when will it arrive? Could it possibly arrive the day before so I could enter the code?

I read a few days ago it was going to be available on the Blizzard store but then I doubt they would send the box and let the code go straight to my account.

I've never preordered a game before so I really dont have a clue.

Deleted
    Digital download - will unlock at midnight, they'll email you the code, and you can pre-download, so save time installing too.

Do you mean we wont be able to pay until midnight? I have a feeling itl be like the race change release extremely laggy if so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    Gamestop. They never screw it up. Never preorder it from amazon, the shipping takes forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your download speed is fast, go for digital, otherwise i cannot help (i live in australia)

All I can say, good luck on your achie. I have never preorder. I go to midnight release

Deleted
    I go for midnight release also with some friends.

Deleted
    Maybe you can bribe a shopkeeper with some cash to phone you up with a code during the midnight launch. You'd ofcourse have to pay full for the game also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gregd888 View Post
    Where do you purchase the digital download from? I went to the midnight release of burning crusade and it sucked dick, had to wait in line for like 3 hours.
    eu.battle.net shop. I bought my SC2 there. Did cost me more than it goes for instore, and you don't get a box

I have a feeling there will be alot of digital downloads going on so it could be slower than people are thinking..
    Otherwise its pure luck really 1 guy said amazon is bad, well i got my burning crusade 2days early off them but wotlk a day late, its total luck really.

If you really are that bothered about your achieve preorder it from somewhere then if its not there the day before go buy it at midnight!

and good luck
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Deleted
    well u preorder on gamestop, then be first in line for midnight reless=)

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK You can dowload the game from Blizzard store a day or two before release, but wont be able to actually play before midnight of the release-day.
    Should be the fastest way to get onto the servers and go for that realm fist achievement if you ask me.

This is how my friend told me that they did it with SC2 atleast.

Deleted
    Remove my post due to it being utter bollocks.
    Last edited by mmocd02ff49275; 2010-10-08 at 01:17 PM.

Here we are ordering from gamestop... but then again, we are also doing a special episode of Casual Warcrafting live from the midnight release (with the manager's permission and help).
    ~ No Worries Gaming ~
    Home of Casual Warcraft, THE podcast for the casual in all of us
    Find us on iTunes or on our homepage
    http://www.noworriesgaming.com

Good luck getting the CE now...
    Most places are sold out already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashtanerada View Post
    there are no achievements for realm first Paladin or any other class.
    Sorry but I guess..

*puts on sunglasses*

I just burst your "bubble"

YYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    Fixed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sweepdeepsPL View Post
    Gamestop. They never screw it up. Never preorder it from amazon, the shipping takes forever.
    I guess your Amazon sucks.

In Germany I always get the games on or before release date. When I preordered SC2, I got it 4 days before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashtanerada View Post
    Sorry to burst your "bubble" but there are no achievements for realm first Paladin or any other class.
    Are you sure of this? cos it was for level 80

Thanks for all your input, it looks like im going to have to buy it digitally because even if I bribed a guy at a game store to ring me the code at midnight it would still be a hour after launch. I geuss I'll get the collectors edition at a later time and give the code away or something.

I'm not bothered that there is no realm first achievements, I was a few hours behind for first Rogue in WoTLK on my server and I wasnt event trying so I thought id give it a shot in Cata.
    Last edited by Supernovà; 2010-10-08 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    Are you sure of this? cos it was for level 80
    Again another posting of utter bollocks removed.
    Last edited by mmocd02ff49275; 2010-10-08 at 01:17 PM.