New WoW youtuber - Advice please.

Now, I went through what I'm allowed to post and it said nothing about youtube accounts/making videos advertisement, so here goes:

I was making quite a few videos in the past, I stopped 'cus of personal issues though, now that everything is sorted, I'm trying to revive my channel. I'm a fairly well experienced player that has had experience with nearly all the available classes ingame, so what I tend to do atm are guide videos, helping newer players to get started or telling older players SOME things they didn't know before. Before I get any unneccesary (Spelling?) trolling, I only give guides to my own preferred playstyle which might not be the most viable one in most situations.

What exactly am I posting this thread for? I'm looking for some advice/constructive criticism to my older videos, and the new one I'm upload as I type. I'd also like to hear about what I can change to the way I make my videos (length, the way I speak, adding an accent of some sort).

I'm also always open for any suggestions on new videos or topics that are unclear/not yet covered. Also, if anyone knows of any Video editing software that I can get for free for the time being, and has some tips on how to use it, please let me know.

Here's the youtube link: www.youtube.com/MrDloetzer

Thanks in advance if you ain't trolling,

Drona.
    Still waiting for competitive PvP to not be a trainwreck...

Deleted
    Seems like a legit project, could be fun to watch once in a while.

seems good probably wont subscribe as im not into how to do this instance or how to play this class.. just out of curiosity though.. how is gunship as tank any different in normal and heroic... its pretty much the same just dodge the circles isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eonath View Post
    seems good probably wont subscribe as im not into how to do this instance or how to play this class.. just out of curiosity though.. how is gunship as tank any different in normal and heroic... its pretty much the same just dodge the circles isnt it?
    Those "How to .... as a tank" videos were part of a series I made but never got to finish cus it wasnt that great. I might finish them sometime soon, who knows?

anyways, Gunship is pretty much the same on HC and Normal, just that there is a larger amoutn of dmg, and the rockets come more often+throw you up.

As a not so well geared tank, I can assure you those adds will mess you up in HM if you aren't carefull 'bout the enrage+bladestorm

yea hm can do quite a bit of damage.. anyways i didnt really give any criticism cause i didnt bother to watch cause i am a douche lol... so to be fair i started to watch ur resto druid pvp one and so far i know u dont sound like justin bieber which is good.

Edit:
    Alright now that i am done its pretty good probably dont wanna have it at original speed the whole time... like fast forward at like 2x or 2.5x speed through boring parts like running up tunnels and so on
    Last edited by Eonath; 2010-10-08 at 11:39 AM. Reason: cause im cool

I'm also always open for any suggestions
    probably not a must but why not recording in hd? ;D *hits the subscribe button*
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by xiza View Post
    probably not a must but why not recording in hd? ;D *hits the subscribe button*
    TBH, I'm quite the lazy ass, so I never publish highest quality ^^....
    Oh god, I dont't even know how to? *panics*
    Help? anyone? please?

Quote Originally Posted by Eonath View Post
    I feel nooby now..... Ty anyways.

Went through your arcane mage guide, seeing as i play a mage myself, so i would be able to give criticism on that.
    Wasn't very good, i'm sorry to say, your voice and stuff is good and all, but you would probably benefit from either having some sort of script or something, because either you were being blatently sarcastic and just trolling mages into the gutter, or you simply didn't have your facts straight.

actually i didnt find anything on google... im pretty sure its to do with how u render it though

Quote Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
    Went through your arcane mage guide, seeing as i play a mage myself, so i would be able to give criticism on that.
    Wasn't very good, i'm sorry to say, your voice and stuff is good and all, but you would probably benefit from either having some sort of script or something, because either you were being blatently sarcastic and just trolling mages into the gutter, or you simply didn't have your facts straight.
    That mage guide was just a troll thing I did for my friend to screw him over, so commenting on that wouldn't get you very far though. Also, what you just posted wasnt constructive criticism, you just said I sucked (thats how I interpret it). If you want to post constructive criticism on any of my propper videos (for instance the paladin one) feel free to do that, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkman007 View Post
    TBH, I'm quite the lazy ass, so I never publish highest quality ^^....
    Oh god, I dont't even know how to? *panics*
    Help? anyone? please?
    Haha no big deal anyways, it's just for the case if I want to read anything clearly on your video
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

That mage guide was just a troll thing I did for my friend to screw him over, so commenting on that wouldn't get you very far though. Also, what you just posted wasnt constructive criticism, you just said I sucked (thats how I interpret it). If you want to post constructive criticism on any of my propper videos (for instance the paladin one) feel free to do that, thank you.
    Fair enough, watching your pally guide now.
    A little thing i would recommend is to stand still when doing the guide, and probably choosing somewhere that isn't Dalaran, just to give a max focus on your words.
    I'm not very good on pallys, especially tanks, but as far as i know, 26 expertise is for dodge cap, the parry expertise cap is something silly.
    As a new prot pally i wouldn't recommend going for alot of expertise, because that would probably just be wasted, compared to gemming full stamina.
    As i mentioned in my post above, i still do think a script is something that can improve your certaincy, and make sure to get those facts right, especially when doing guides etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
    Fair enough, watching your pally guide now.
    A little thing i would recommend is to stand still when doing the guide, and probably choosing somewhere that isn't Dalaran, just to give a max focus on your words.
    I'm not very good on pallys, especially tanks, but as far as i know, 26 expertise is for dodge cap, the parry expertise cap is something silly.
    As a new prot pally i wouldn't recommend going for alot of expertise, because that would probably just be wasted, compared to gemming full stamina.
    As i mentioned in my post above, i still do think a script is something that can improve your certaincy, and make sure to get those facts right, especially when doing guides etc.
    Thats better , anyways thanks for the criticism, (the quality on that video sucks for some reason) and I'll try to take that and add it into my future videos. Going for expertise>going for stam cus there is no point of going for a lot of Hp if you dont have the ability to keep up threat, but that is just my PoV.

Thats better , anyways thanks for the criticism, (the quality on that video sucks for some reason) and I'll try to take that and add it into my future videos. Going for expertise>going for stam cus there is no point of going for a lot of Hp if you dont have the ability to keep up threat, but that is just my PoV.
    Then again, someone would point out that if your dead you do no threat at all

I've played a prot pally since launch, and generally gem straight stamina, and a purple strength and stamina gem for the meta bonus. I really have no problems holding threat, even without expertise gems. I'm able to hit the 26 expertise dodge cap pretty easily with no gems if I glyph Seal of Vengeance, which gives you 10 expertise while it's up.

One thing I noticed was you said that you were defense capped when you equipped a lot pieces of dps gear, and you said it was 456 def, which isn't the defense cap, it's 540. Just thinking you might have had it confused and thought it was 450. This might confuse a new player into thinking he's defense capped when he's far from it.

And just a little of my input as a prot pally: For the shield enchant, I would definitely go for the block value blacksmithing item if you're over defense cap. The amount mitigated by it while tanking is of much higher use than a little bit of stamina, and it improves your threat from your shield of the righteous ability. For the weapon enchant, I was happy to see you say mongoose, which is the clear choice for a pally tank, but blood draining is only really useful for either a warrior with the deep wounds talent, or a druid tank. This is because blood draining can fall off of a paladin relatively easily, since we have no bleed effect attacks. Bladeward is a bad enchant in general. The proc rate is low, the bonus is small, and it goes away after one parry.

For a bit of comparison between the benefits of bladeward and mongoose: Bladeward has a much lower proc rate, whereas mongoose is up a good 75% of the fight. Bladeward provides 2% parry, mongoose's agility buff grants about 2% dodge. Those are both the same mitigation, however, bladeward's bonus goes away after one parry, making it less useful. Bladeward does about 500 damage when you parry, adding a small amount to threat. Mongoose gives crit rating, adding much more threat, and attack speed, which adds even more threat from your seals.

Also, I agree with Dazed on the script. It would really help make the videos look a lot more professional.

It was very informative, and I'm sure it will help new paladin tanks a lot, I'm just providing a little advice based on what I know.
    Last edited by Shrubninja; 2010-10-08 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Broke up the wall of text with paragraphs