Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Solo Guild Leveling

    How fast would someone be able to level if they were the only one in the guild? Or if there is like 5 people in the guild?

    I wanna know because I'm considering making a guild to get the guild perks (cash flow :3), and because I'm paranoid that my guild would kick me after they use me for rep achievs...
    Winterblade 90 Worgen Death Knight
    >> Click signature for Armory link <<

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    How fast would someone be able to level if they were the only one in the guild? Or if there is like 5 people in the guild?

    I wanna know because I'm considering making a guild to get the guild perks (cash flow :3), and because I'm paranoid that my guild would kick me after they use me for rep achievs...
    Most likely very slow.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    Most likely very slow.
    This. But I wonder, with old raids becomming soloable (Like MC) well maybe you could get the few first levels.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,817
    You still need 80% i think guild members for dungeons/raids for it to count towards guild experience on completion, 40 man raids i think are getting classed as 10 mans so 8 guildies needed for the achievements to complete. I could be wrong though but I know for TBC heroic we needed at least 4 guildies for the guild to benefit from it and recieve xp.

    Oh and on our Heroic Ramparts run we were recieving around 130 guild rep per boss kill too.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    You still need 80% i think guild members for dungeons/raids for it to count towards guild experience on completion, 40 man raids i think are getting classed as 10 mans so 8 guildies needed for the achievements to complete. I could be wrong though but I know for TBC heroic we needed at least 4 guildies for the guild to benefit from it and recieve xp.

    Oh and on our Heroic Ramparts run we were recieving around 130 guild rep per boss kill too.
    Nah you are correct. MC wouldn't count because you need at least 8 guild members in the raid for it to count.

  6. #6
    That kinda sucks... I could probably solo mc right now, at 80. At 85 it'd be a joke...

    But questing gives guild rep/xp too.
    Winterblade 90 Worgen Death Knight
    >> Click signature for Armory link <<

  7. #7
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_advancement
    Activities which earn guild XP include:

    * Earning Guild achievements
    * Boss kills in a raid or dungeon in which 75% of the party is from the same guild
    * Rated Battleground or Arena wins in which 75% of the party is from the same guild
    * Completing quests / daily quests that reward experience[1]
    * An individual player's faction reputation advancement
    * An individual player's profession progression
    Meaning if you're there solo, 100% of the party is the same guild.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

  8. #8
    I strongly suspect that any raid that can be soloed at 85 will count for either nothing or a very tiny sliver of guild experience, otherwise people will just clear every 60/70/80 raid every week to power level the guild up. Yeah, no.

  9. #9
    "* Completing quests / daily quests that reward experience[1]"

    Would that still keep giving Guild xp/rep after 85? Like how dailies give gold.
    Winterblade 90 Worgen Death Knight
    >> Click signature for Armory link <<

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    "* Completing quests / daily quests that reward experience[1]"

    Would that still keep giving Guild xp/rep after 85? Like how dailies give gold.
    I would assume yes, the experience isn't "removed" it's simply converted to gold at the maximum level.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

  11. #11
    Anyone have any numbers for how much guild exp/rep you get per exp/quest? And how much you need to glevel up.
    Winterblade 90 Worgen Death Knight
    >> Click signature for Armory link <<

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    "* Completing quests / daily quests that reward experience[1]"

    Would that still keep giving Guild xp/rep after 85? Like how dailies give gold.
    Yes, they count at 85.

    I've looked into every conceivable way to solo-level a guild via instance run achievements, and the short version is that you cannot get around the group composition limits Blizz stated. Granted most of the old content is soloable, but if there aren't enough guildies in there with you, it will not count.

    Solo-leveling a guild will take some time. There are some guild achievements that you can do on your own, such as 55 reps exalted or the critter killer one, so there are ways to boost yourself up beyond the daily limit on a one character level. However, you can cram alts into your guild, and they'll each have a separate daily guild xp limit... and before you say it, no, you cannot shove a bunch of your alts into a group to try to cheat the guild dungeon achievement system, literally have to have everyone online and in the instance (I tried, trust me). I think you might run out of hours in a day to reach your daily/weekly guild xp limits if you're soloing it, however.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  13. #13
    Well, after giving it some thought, I'm going to solo lvl my guild regardless of how long it will take me. I can never seem to find a guild that is A) active, B) not full of jerks/creeps/stalkers, C) not full of drama, etc., and all my WoW buddies are mostly in seperate guilds (some of them hardcore, and I'm just not quite hardcore myself) so I'm just going to PuG my raids and enjoy my solo guild.

    Plus being in a guild by myself gives me 6 tabs of room for crap all to myself and my alts. Even if I never get to max lvl, who cares. Some of the lesser perks are nifty and a nice bonus and the higher ones aren't gamebreaking.

    The only problem is on launch day I have to find/pay someone to invite my worgen to my guild!
    The problem with opportunity is that it just knocks. Temptation kicks the door in.

  14. #14
    If you're PUGing, talk to fellow guildless PUGers and tell them what you want out of a guild and see if they are of a like mind. You might find a few that you get along with and make it a lot easier and quicker to level your guild.

    Kind of the inverse of a typical guild application. Instead of, "Are you serious and hardcore enough?" see if they're casual and easygoing enough.

  15. #15
    I was looking at the xp totals to level from one level to the next; do we know how much experience you get for completing a quest or a 5 man or a heroic?

    If its like 100xp per quest a guild could level up pretty dang quick but if its like 3 xp per quest I can see it taking awhile. Anyone have rough estimates?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    You still need 80% i think guild members for dungeons/raids for it to count towards guild experience on completion, 40 man raids i think are getting classed as 10 mans so 8 guildies needed for the achievements to complete. I could be wrong though but I know for TBC heroic we needed at least 4 guildies for the guild to benefit from it and recieve xp.

    Oh and on our Heroic Ramparts run we were recieving around 130 guild rep per boss kill too.
    I thought 40 and BC 25 man could be done with 10, not classified as 10, but i could be wrong

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    How fast would someone be able to level if they were the only one in the guild? Or if there is like 5 people in the guild?

    I wanna know because I'm considering making a guild to get the guild perks (cash flow :3), and because I'm paranoid that my guild would kick me after they use me for rep achievs...
    If you earned the maximum guild experience every day (very difficult it appears) you would level 20 times slower than a large guild where 20 players earn the maximum guild experience every day (also tough, so BIG guilds appear to have a big advantage)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    How fast would someone be able to level if they were the only one in the guild? Or if there is like 5 people in the guild?

    I wanna know because I'm considering making a guild to get the guild perks (cash flow :3), and because I'm paranoid that my guild would kick me after they use me for rep achievs...
    Sounds like you need to find a new guild that you don't /tinfoil hat about

  19. #19
    My guess is, based on what I've read, if it takes 6 months for a large guild to reach level 25, it would take you 150 months alone.

  20. #20
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_advancement


    Meaning if you're there solo, 100% of the party is the same guild.
    I suspect that's poorly phrased. I believe it's 75% of the raid's size that needs to be from your own guild. Though 40-mans will count as 10-mans when it comes to the achievements.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •