Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixblight View Post
    Well come 4.0.1, you won't need to raid to get Tier 10, you can just farm heroics because you use Justice Points to buy them.
    This. Why not? T10 looks sexy. And it may be a small boost at leveling.

Quest leveling is certainly faster. However there's a subtle difference between dungeon leveling and questing to level.

In dungeons I'm with 4 people I know, having fun. Questing I'm with .. well .. all of you people.

:-)

Edit: On topic: I'm not sure what else you'll do for 2 months if you don't work on getting more t10. But you're certainly fine to enter Cata with the gear you have now.

Well considering Im going to regem my T10 gear as I level with that taken into account how much life would it have. I have to level JC anyway from 450 to 525

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    In addition to that, the quest rewards are damn near vital to actually doing the dungeons.

OP, you're gonna be beating your face against the first couple dungeons if you try to go straight from Wrath gear to Cata dungeons. And why would you want to skip content like that? The new zones are amazing and epic. You are completely illogical.
    No, My hunter was doing very well dps wise with the ICC gear at the new dungeons, (these were not heroic however). So they are useful, at the very least to reach 85, at which point you would obviously be needing the heroic gear to enter raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

Quote Originally Posted by candlepally View Post
    Well my pally Im going to get frost geared now, just so I don't have to go do lvl 78 zones lol.
    None of the new Cata zones are level 78. They all start at 80.

So there not doing it like wrath and BC where you can quest in BT at 68 or Hellfire at 58?

Well then so being in T9 isnt going to hurt as bad then I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Bozkurt View Post
    No, My hunter was doing very well dps wise with the ICC gear at the new dungeons, (these were not heroic however). So they are useful, at the very least to reach 85, at which point you would obviously be needing the heroic gear to enter raids.
    No no no. Ilvl 277 gear will be replaced by lvl 82. Plus you won't have the survivability in later dungeons. If you look at people starting heroics they have 80k hp as cloth. You will most definitely replace all your gear before 83-84 (besides maybe tribkets

Its not my choice, its my guild masters. I was in this guild when Wrath hit, we leveled in dungeons. Raided naxx with them, then had to leave. When I got back I joined a 10m strict guild then my old GM said they had a spot open in the raid team so I came back. But he said he wants to do it the same way again, so we all level together. Thats his idea. My alts will level via quests but he wants our mains to level together in dungeons lol. Also to add my hunter is a JC so I will be regemining T10 as I go with green quality and maybe blue quality cata gems, if that changes anything.
    Tell your guild leader I said he's a moron ...cata isn't wotlk...its more vanilla into bc style...you'll get slaughtered without grabbing some gear from quests from what o understand. Plus I thought every one knew questing was better to level, supplemental dungeons here and there...
    Last edited by tripplebooya; 2010-10-08 at 08:28 PM.

I'm not trying to make an argument for dungeon leveling. But from how some of these posts sound you'd think no one knew dungeons dropped gear. Just like quests. Better than quests, usually. If you leveled via dungeons it's not like you'd be hitting 85 in level 80 gear.

Edit: You won't "get slaughtered" stepping into level 80-81 Cata 5mans with level 80 raid gear on.

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    No no no. Ilvl 277 gear will be replaced by lvl 82. Plus you won't have the survivability in later dungeons. If you look at people starting heroics they have 80k hp as cloth. You will most definitely replace all your gear before 83-84 (besides maybe tribkets
    I agree with your point, but I think you are underestimating the gear, I was running LVL83 dungeons and most of the drops were actually worse then my current gear. And until about LvL 83, most quests drop ILVL-272 GREENS. Now when you get to 84 and 85, im sure at that point you will have to replace gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcyz View Post
    I'm not trying to make an argument for dungeon leveling. But from how some of these posts sound you'd think no one knew dungeons dropped gear. Just like quests. Better than quests, usually. If you leveled via dungeons it's not like you'd be hitting 85 in level 80 gear.

Edit: You won't "get slaughtered" stepping into level 80-81 Cata 5mans with level 80 raid gear on.
    That's not what I hear especially with people not remembering how to use class effectivly. Or what focused fire was.
    and dungeons usual have one if any piece for your spec that may get, so what like 3 upgrades possible in a dungeon. where as questing provides reward for all slots in faster manner

I hate quest grinding so I'll be doing the same thing. I love dungeons. Dungeon drops and crafted gear pick up where neglecting quests leaves you. Especially with good players who are used to working together, you'll be fine if that's the route you go.
    I agree that picking up pieces of current tier you're missing doesn't hurt mostly because it keeps you busy. It won't hurt during the expansion's first days either. Yeah, you'll replace it. You'll replace everything you every get, so no don't sweat it.

Its not till December 7th. We got...2 months. O_O So you may as well finish! I ain't gonna prepare for Cata and stop caring about Wotlk until 2 weeks or so before Cata.

I'll probably do enough heroics to at least make sure all my alts are in full t10 before cata hits. Currently saving badges on my fresh 80 priest instead of using them on t9 so I can just buy t10 instead after 4.0

dont see why you wouldnt get full t10 on all your chars when the patch go's live...you have a month and a half to go do some heroics and get the justice points for them. you get what? 70ish JP per heroic on avrage? and the dearest items are 1100 JP

Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    That's not what I hear especially with people not remembering how to use class effectivly. Or what focused fire was.
    and dungeons usual have one if any piece for your spec that may get, so what like 3 upgrades possible in a dungeon. where as questing provides reward for all slots in faster manner
    I can't speak toward difficulty encountered due to lack of ability. However you're right. A dungeon might drop 2 or 3 items you can use as upgrades. Then you progress to the next dungeon and get 2 or 3 more. Etc etc. You may end up missing a slot or 2 but I believe it'll get the job done.

That said questing is definitely faster. And you'll upgrade a larger variety of your gear more quickly that way. Personally I intend on questing to see the new content. Aaaaand running every single dungeon multiple times as I level.

I'm greedy. I want the quest rewards, the dungeon quests, and the dungeon gear!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well guild will be raiding ICC25 right untill Cata goes Live, then we will level purley in dungeons like we did at 70 to 80 on our mains, so we wont be questing, the goal is to have everyone at 85 in 3 weeks and have gear to start doing heroics as a guild. So I won't be questing
    And you think you won't be replacing the gear in dungeons? You'll be getting BETTER gear from dungeons than from quests. This point of "leveling in dungeons instead of quests" makes no difference.

You might as well just use the Emblems and buy gems and either save them or sell them. You'll get much more benefit out of that than getting T10.

Well considering Im going to regem my T10 gear as I level with that taken into account how much life would it have. I have to level JC anyway from 450 to 525
    Actually you won't regem your wrath gear as you level, simply because green quality cata gems require iLv 285 gear minimum.

Atm on beta you would be fine with your t10 up till lvl 83ish and might replace some oddities along the way but generally 264 t10 is better than most quest rewards up till 83-84ish at which point all the quest rewards will reap more benefit than wrath gear