Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Ignore the fact that Dec 7th is not a week, I obviously mean the week of.

The LSAT is Dec 11. Who would schedule Cata at the time when I'll have more studying to do than any other point in my life thus far? Stupid.

I hope they release new servers a week after launch.

EDIT: And to future replies, I do not consider Cataclysm more important than school. The test will take priority. As well, the LSAT is an international test. If you don't know what it is, you are ignorant. It stands for Law School Admissions Test. It is not a US test, Europeans have no excuse for not knowing what it is.

EDIT 2: The LSAT is in Europe. See here http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/test-dat...-afr-dec10.asp. Wikipedia doesn't know everything.

EDIT 3: This isn't about me in specific. I wouldn't have bought Cataclysm on the 7th anyway due to other engagements.
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.

I cannot believe there is a single person in the fucking world past the age of 15 who doesn't know what the LSATs are. oh wait we're on the internet where i hate everyone.... FML
    Last edited by Elysia; 2012-08-05 at 03:18 AM.

omslemming
    why would you have knowledge of law entry exams if youve never been interested in that career route.......god i never knew there were so many arrogant law students on here....

Quote Originally Posted by Kirian42 View Post
    You students think you have it bad, I have to *grade* exams that week.

(Yes, college instructors also play...)
    15k gold if you give me a good mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    sigging
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Maybe you should ask Law School Admission Council to postpone the exam.
    That seems like a more viable option since the people who will be participating in LSAT is more likely less than 12M.
    (That FYI was sarcasm)

Can you tell me what a GCSE is? Or a CIMA?

Why the hell should we know what an LSAT is when it's not even part of our country's testing system. We take an LNAT here, thank you very bloody much.

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    Here's the thing; if they didn't have it out that week (which I assume is the earliest they could do it since November would be ideal) we wouldn't see the game until February.

Releasing an MMO on top of Christmas is stupid, people are pre-occupied and you don't get the hype you need, also many people buy presents in advance so they may be out of money by the time you release. Releasing anything in January is stupid because everyone is cleaned out after Christmas and credit card bills are coming in, also exams. That leaves February like they did with TBC.

I want my expansion sooner rather than later so TLDR: fuck off OP, no one cares about some shitty little exams you have to take. If you had even an ounce of the brainpower a decent lawyer would have you would realise that doing a fuckton of work beforehand and not leaving shit to the last minute would free up almost all of your fucking time that week for Cataclysm anyway, but you clearly don't.
    TBC totally came out in February
    From wikipedia....
    "World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, often referred to as TBC or BC is the first expansion pack for the MMORPG World of Warcraft. It was released on January 16, 2007 at midnight (12:00 AM) in Europe and North America, and sold nearly 2.4 million copies that day to people who waited over night in long lines to get the expansion, making it the fastest-selling PC game in those regions"

I'll never forget it was the day before sophomore year of college started for me. The next day, some dumb lady on the highway got into an accident with me on the way to school, I proceeded to go back home and play BC some more.

Yep, week of/before finals here, no bueno for those of us with real majors

Quote Originally Posted by Reichenbach View Post
    I kind of wish they'd put it off for a week, and release it on the Tuesday, Dec. 14th. Dec. 7th is Pearl Harbor Day, for crying out loud!

As an American veteran, I am aware that the WoW fanbase extends far beyond American soil, and the subscribers that play in other countries could give less than a full crap about what happened on Dec. 7th. As a former business major, I'm also aware that releasing a game in time for the holiday season may inspire off-the-chart new sales, as the proceeding hype for Cataclysm is sure to land it on many new wish-lists for Christmas, or the holiday of your racial/religous preference, in addition to the expected return of current subscribers. I get it. It's a sound business decision.

That being said, despite the hype, despite the marketing, despite the sales, the holiday season is ultimately about family. On Dec. 7th, many military families were shattered, and many ones were cut short, never to bloom. I intend to honor that day, as I always do, and I would ask that everyone reading does as well.

To be clear, I'm not pushing for a boycott or anything of that nature, and I realize, as stated before, that nothing short of immediate diaster (or programming mistakes) is going to change that date. Just, as you stand in line for a midnight release, or eagerly download the content from online, take a few moments and dwell on the sacrifices that grant you the capacity to live free from fear, and worry about trivial, inconsequential little things like the release date of a game. There are a wealth of veteran organizations out there, and maybe, just maybe, you could find it in your heart to give a little to them as well this upcoming holiday season.
    At pearl harbor, people made sacrifices for freedom. By freedom, they also mean freedom to make your own choices in life...such as...buying a video game.

Implying that it is appalling that a company should release a game on December and people playing the game on that day is stupid. It is NOT freedom when you imply "no one can do ANYTHING on December 7 because it is pearl harbor day".

The people who died at pearl harbor; sure you have to respect them, but would they REALLY would have wanted, over 60 years after the day they died, for everyones business in the world to totally halt for remembrance purposes? If you truly respect the people at pearl harbor, you would be remembering them every day, and respecting them every day. You shouldnt need one day of the year for everyone to stop everything so you can think about their sacrifices, it is an everlasting thing, not just one day.

The Dec 7 release date is not Blizzard disrespecting pearl harbor, it is people getting on with their lives, which is the whole reason they were fighting in the war in the first place.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

I have absolutely nothing going on then, so it's cool with me

I figured they'd wait until 2012, and release it with the IRL sundering, lol.

omslemming
    I couldnt give a fuck what exams are on that particular week boo fucking hoo everyones doing something....I happen to be past the age of studying and work for a living as do many wow players....that means we cant play wow everytime we have a shift......GOOD GOD CANCEL THE SERVERS WHILE WE`RE AT WORK NOONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY BECAUSE WE CANT!............wait till you guys get out into the real world.....I used to think life at school/college was hard as well.........poor saps :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omslemming View Post
    I couldnt give a fuck what exams are on that particular week boo fucking hoo everyones doing something....I happen to be past the age of studying and work for a living as do many wow players....that means we cant play wow everytime we have a shift......GOOD GOD CANCEL THE SERVERS WHILE WE`RE AT WORK NOONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY BECAUSE WE CANT!............wait till you guys get out into the real world.....I used to think life at school/college was hard as well.........poor saps :P
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    Yep, week of/before finals here, no bueno for those of us with real majors
    Because anyone who isn't working on college are less of a person than you?
    Some of us graduated from college already.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Ignore the fact that Dec 7th is not a week, I obviously mean the week of.

The LSAT is Dec 11. Who would schedule Cata at the time when I'll have more studying to do than any other point in my life thus far? Stupid.

I hope they release new servers a week after launch.

EDIT: And to future replies, I do not consider Cataclysm more important than school. The test will take priority. As well, the LSAT is an international test. If you don't know what it is, you are ignorant. It stands for Law School Admissions Test. It is not a US test, Europeans have no excuse for not knowing what it is.

EDIT 2: The LSAT is in Europe. See here http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/test-dat...-afr-dec10.asp. Wikipedia doesn't know everything.

EDIT 3: This isn't about me in specific. I wouldn't have bought Cataclysm on the 7th anyway due to other engagements.

Kids these days think that the world revolves around them.

lol, bad for you

and for the "If you don't know what it is, you are ignorant."
    im sure i could quote heaps of shit that you wouldnt have the faintest freaken idea about. do you know everything about pediatric`s or we could talk about the ccnp i did shits and giggles?

short of it is, i dont give a fuk about your commitments and neither does blizzard! qq elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichenbach View Post
    I kind of wish they'd put it off for a week, and release it on the Tuesday, Dec. 14th. Dec. 7th is Pearl Harbor Day, for crying out loud!

As an American veteran, I am aware that the WoW fanbase extends far beyond American soil, and the subscribers that play in other countries could give less than a full crap about what happened on Dec. 7th. As a former business major, I'm also aware that releasing a game in time for the holiday season may inspire off-the-chart new sales, as the proceeding hype for Cataclysm is sure to land it on many new wish-lists for Christmas, or the holiday of your racial/religous preference, in addition to the expected return of current subscribers. I get it. It's a sound business decision.

That being said, despite the hype, despite the marketing, despite the sales, the holiday season is ultimately about family. On Dec. 7th, many military families were shattered, and many ones were cut short, never to bloom. I intend to honor that day, as I always do, and I would ask that everyone reading does as well.

To be clear, I'm not pushing for a boycott or anything of that nature, and I realize, as stated before, that nothing short of immediate diaster (or programming mistakes) is going to change that date. Just, as you stand in line for a midnight release, or eagerly download the content from online, take a few moments and dwell on the sacrifices that grant you the capacity to live free from fear, and worry about trivial, inconsequential little things like the release date of a game. There are a wealth of veteran organizations out there, and maybe, just maybe, you could find it in your heart to give a little to them as well this upcoming holiday season.
    Well said. Tho, it's not that 7 dec isn't a day non US citizens care about (I suppose many do not know what happened to be honest), it's also because most people who play WoW are way to young to be "affected" in anyway by this. Even knowing that if the attack didn't happen the US may never have entered the war.. (or if Germany wasn't "stupid" enough to declare war as well after..)

I was born in 75, that's a long time after these events, a long time since my grand parents were in the resistance. At present we're allready 4 orso generations after these events. It's not about disrespect to those that died during WW2 (or WW1, or any other war), but for most it's as relevant as the Dutch - Spanish wars centuries ago.

Things like Market Garden are still remembered here tho. Not sure many people know about that battle these days, why it is remembered, what happened. I'm not sure the bombing of Rotterdam is even known by younger Dutch people..
    Last edited by Amorac; 2010-10-08 at 10:22 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad.

This, I knew what an LSAT was, but only because I heard it on Supernatural. I guess the reason I'm not an ignorant person is because I happened to be watching Supernatural recently. Fuck me, I'm less ignorant than a brain surgeon. (I get it)
    "The truth, my goal."

dude its a fucking game - ur education > WoW

dont complain wtf

Oh great another one aspiring to be a demon plague low life scum of society....oops sorry typo ..I meant to say "lawyer"

But seriously.....So what your test is on the 11th of Dec..do you want a cookie? I suspect that out of the projections of the 12 million people that play this game.....lets take away about 6 million to account for China (They won't get Cata..they just got Wrath).....so we have 6 million potential players that can/likely will get Cata on the 7th of Dec ....do you honestly think a substantial chunk of those players give a rat's ass about the LSAT or are even taking it for that matter? I'd be shocked if even 10,000 out of those 6 million are taking that test.

And ..there's NEVER a perfect time for anything....people say dumb stuff all the time...like "well I want to get married.....once I get out of debt"....or "well I want to one day go to [name some exotic super killer vacation].."......

Yeah well one day we'll all be dead too.....there will always been concerns that can be used as excuses....live in the now....you don't know when your last day alive is!