Poll: Should the PvP trinket cancel knockbacks?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

PvP trinket canceling knockbacks

With rated BGs coming up (and Blizz supposedly giving more of a fuck about BG balance with that) I honestly can't think of a bigger violation of "bring the player not the class" in WoW history than what ele shammies will be for rated EotS. Everyone knows how absurdly overpowered thunderstorm is in those kinds of situations with there being nothing most classes can do to stop it. Therefore I propose that the PvP trinket teleport you back to where you started flying as long as you hit it while you're still in the air. If anyone has a reason why you should be able to oneshot multiple people at once with a cooldown of less than a minute let me know.

wtf? Makes no sense.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? No, mate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Shammys have a slight advantage in those situations, now what a good PVPer would do is counter it by moving to where the shammy can only knock you into a hill or something. Of all the EoTS matches I've played, I have been shot off of the side twice. Once near the flag, and once, in a hilarious set of circumstances, from BE Tower.

I don't hate the idea. Put it on a longerish cd like 5 min and it would be nice to help counter shamans and Druids in places like eots and even ab.

You see ele shammy/doomkin running towards you!
    You do:

A: GTFO the edges and dont get fuckd for being retarded.
    B: Stay there tunneling anything that moves and get fuckd.
    C: Stay there and go QQ on forums how OP a single spell is while its super easy to avoid just by using your brain...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thunderstorming off EotS flag area is fun, try it yourself before you judge

10+ Year Old Account
    Its easy to avoid being knocked off if you're paying attention. That said, sometimes you get engaged with other players and a shaman just ghost wolfs up and knocks you off while your attention is diverted, or your stunned or rooted by another player and the shaman just takes advantage. It really takes no effort or skill on the part of the shaman. At least I can interrupt or trinket out of a mind control if a priest catches me unawares.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikzor View Post
    You do:

B: Stay there tunneling anything that moves and get fuckd.
    C: Stay there and go QQ on forums how OP a single spell is while its super easy to avoid just by using your brain...
    this^^

all shamans and boomkins have is burst damage. take that away and you might as well put a giant "im useless in pvp" sign on my forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    this^^

all shamans and boomkins have is burst damage. take that away and you might as well put a giant "im useless in pvp" sign on my forehead.
    Love the knockbacks in most other instances but in some spots, yes 2 abilities with the potential to 1 shot people regardless of health just by ghost wolfing or cheetahing in when you're stunned can/will cause some issues..

Been on the receiving end many times by a prot warrior running in, shockwaving me, then an ele shammy runs in and tstorms me off the edge while shockwaved and cannot adjust my position. Granted it is hilarious to do or to watch sometimes but it makes hitting the flag near impossible.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2010-10-08 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    this^^

Amazingly, sometimes you see the shaman/boomkin coming towards you and due to being engaged with other players (snared, stunned, rooted, etc.) you can't position yourself to avoid being knocked off. If its just a 1v1 situation, sure its easy to avoid, but most of the time in BGs that isn't the case. My only question is why the Boomkin knockback isn't as severe as the Shaman knockback? Boomkin have to actually get someone in position if they want to have a chance to knock someone off.

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Love the knockbacks in most other instances but in some spots, yes 2 abilities with the potential to 1 shot people regardless of health just by ghost wolfing or cheetahing in when you're stunned can/will cause some issues..

Been on the receiving end many times by a prot warrior running in, shockwaving me, then an ele shammy runs in and tstorms me off the edge while shockwaved and cannot adjust my position. Granted it is hilarious to do or to watch sometimes but it makes hitting the flag near impossible.
    Not gonna lie, as much as I hate/despise when it happens to me, seeing someone some poor horde bastard go flying 20 yards out into the empty air before they plummet to their inevitable death does make me laugh sometimes (ok, all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Shammys have a slight advantage in those situations
    AoE oneshot = slight advantage?

now what a good PVPer would do is counter it by moving to where the shammy can only knock you into a hill or something.
    Because the shammy can't move too? And how do I get knocked to a hill in the middle of EotS, which happens to be one of the most important points in the BG?

All this suggestion does is remove the absurdly overpowered bullshit use of this spell in the relatively rare cases where it's literally the most overpowered thing in the game (unless you can show me a spell that does more than instantly kill multiple people around you), and to even do that it requires you to keep your trinket ready and you won't be able to do it every time due to the cooldown disparity even if this is all you use your trinket for.

You do:

Yea just gtfo and let them win the game, what a marvelous idea.

It can be easy to avoid.

But let's not pretend that it's always a 1v1 at the flag in EotS vs a shaman.

How many times do you see the more likely scenario of a group fighting in the middle and a sham ghost wolfs in and takes out several or more people at once?
    It's not always avoidable. But it is really situational.

Two things is know for sure:
    It will ALWAYS make me rage when it happens to me.
    It will ALWAYS be funny when it happens to someone else.

Don't let it be trinket-able though. We just need to go on "WATCHOUTFORFUCKINBASTARDSHAMAN" mode when close to an edge we can get knocked off of.

Deleted
    ITT: OP who got owned by shamans because he has no brains.

This is a terrible idea. Learn to play and you can counter it so so so easily.

Deleted
    if they made it so as a dk gets knocked off he can deathgrip the shaman off the side aswel, its fine

Im guessing priests life grip will help for this aswel

Quote Originally Posted by manageri View Post
    And how do I get knocked to a hill in the middle of EotS, which happens to be one of the most important points in the BG?
    Found your problem bro.

You don't know how to play the BG.

If you focus your attention on keeping 3 towers then you don't have to worry about the jerks one-shotting you at the flag.

FACT: Flag is not needed to win EotS.

If the whole team focuses on capping and keeping 3 towers the whole match, instead of rushing middle to fight in and around roads as much as possible because they think that the point of every BG is to grind killing blows, you'd win more games than not.

Lift your face from the kayboard and watch where you are standing.

i have both an ele shaman and a boomkin. its actually really easy to avoid being knocked off and actually really hard for boomkins to knock you off unless you're right near the edge.

here are the ways you can avoid being knocked off.

1) control three bases and don't fight over the flag
    2) there are rocks about halfway down the terrain bridge on both sides, use these to your advantage
    3) positioning yourself on the flag ring thing greatly diminishes the chance to be completely knocked off.
    4) fear the shaman via fear or scare beast as he ghost wolfs towards you (i love nothing more than catching a shaman in ghost wolf with scare beast ).
    5) stun the shaman before he reaches his best position
    6) have a boomkin neutralize the shaman before he gets to you (or a hunter with a rhino or even the new succubus).
    7) any ranged CC be it repent, wyvern, well timed freezing trap, fear, sheep, hex, etc
    8) frost DK baits or otherwise deals with the shaman via icicles and DG.
    9) good hunters, mages, locks, (sub)rogues/ferals, and warriors can use gap closers or openers to prevent being knocked off and likely any/all goblins too although i have yet to see their racial thing in action.
    10) mutually assured destruction with your own ele shaman

this is a non issue is what i'm saying. also, where is your QQ about druids in WSG? you really think your team is going to do as well without a druid vs a team with one druid that is causing everyone to move 40% faster? or even better multiple druids chaining movement speed?

what about the QQ for mandatory paly heals? and the mandatory priest heal for life grip?

why is this one issue so QQ worthy? because its annoying? i dont get it, course i rarely get knocked off .. maybe that has something to do with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    With rated BGs coming up (and Blizz supposedly giving more of a fuck about BG balance with that) I honestly can't think of a bigger violation of "bring the player not the class" in WoW history than what ele shammies will be for rated EotS. Everyone knows how absurdly overpowered thunderstorm is in those kinds of situations with there being nothing most classes can do to stop it. Therefore I propose that the PvP trinket teleport you back to where you started flying as long as you hit it while you're still in the air. If anyone has a reason why you should be able to oneshot multiple people at once with a cooldown of less than a minute let me know.
    The Pvp trinket should also wind back time to before the Paladin used his bubble. It should also push the Warrior back to where he was before he charged.

Let's not say anything about boomkin with a 35 yard range and a 25 second shorter CD...