Poll: Should the PvP trinket cancel knockbacks?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manageri View Post

Because the shammy can't move too? And how do I get knocked to a hill in the middle of EotS, which happens to be one of the most important points in the BG?
    The flag in EotS isn't the most important point. Holding bases, playing well as a team and not getting knocked off edges by using what little brain you obviously have, to just move 5 yards left or right, is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    May I note that this is absolutely the most absurd thing I've read last month. How on earth would you cancel it anyway? The moment you get thrown away you will need (like all human beings) around 0.5/1s to react and press that trinket.. by that time you will have been thrown away already. So unless you want to make the trinket to put you back in the place you were knocked away from, useless!

Now forgive me if you had mentioned something else but the idea was too retarted to read your whole post or thread.

Thanks for the laugh btw!

I propose instead that Blizzard makes all PvPers competent.

Oh, wait

not 100% sure about this.. but I'm under the the impression that if your stunned you cant get knockbackd. (atleast not from my shammy :S) and when your first out of the stun. kill the frcking shammy.. not that hard

identify elem. shaman/s on battlefield, range target, snare etc. and take out before it gets into a potential advantageous position. Oh wait, that might take foresight and god forbid even some team work.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    Found your problem bro.

You don't know how to play the BG.

If you focus your attention on keeping 3 towers then you don't have to worry about the jerks one-shotting you at the flag.

FACT: Flag is not needed to win EotS.

If the whole team focuses on capping and keeping 3 towers the whole match, instead of rushing middle to fight in and around roads as much as possible because they think that the point of every BG is to grind killing blows, you'd win more games than not.
    i gave the OP the benefit of the doubt and presumed he was talking about rated BGs where the whole team is on vent/ts3 and working together. in this scenario controlling 3 bases won't be common unless the other team is just awful however against relatively evenly skilled/geared opponents the flag will be more important than it is against random BG bads right now where dominating them all over the field is really easy.

Tbh, I say we congratulate the OP.

If this is the worst issue he is having in BGs, he's doing pretty good.

Ugh, So overrated. So what if you die? You'll just come right back 15 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by boohoo View Post
    identify elem. shaman/s on battlefield, range target, snare etc. and take out before it gets into a potential advantageous position. Oh wait, that might take foresight and god forbid even some team work.
    Sir, your idea is...

Even better: get rid of knockback effects entirely. It's totally unnecessary in PvP or PvE. In PvP it creates weird terrtain issues that pertain to balancing, and in PvE it's almost completely useless in the endgame (except to annoy tanks and ruin the positioning of pull).

I almost feel like they added this stuff willy-nully just because of Age of Conan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggyballs View Post
    The flag in EotS isn't the most important point. Holding bases, playing well as a team and not getting knocked off edges by using what little brain you obviously have, to just move 5 yards left or right, is.
    People keep repeating this "Cap 3 bases" mantra, and I agree that it is the superior strategy. That said, playing a random BG in Wrath with people of varying skillsets, gear make up, and compentency makes capping 3 bases a lot more difficult than simply holding 2 bases and controlling the middle. The 2 base strategy is idiot proof, the 3 base strategy takes competency, good gear, and coordination. Coordination is the most important component, which is difficult if you're not on a pre-made team in vent. So, simply saying you're playing the BG wrong because a different strategy is employed, merely so they can avoid a stupidly implemented mechanic native to two classes is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Even better: get rid of knockback effects entirely. It's totally unnecessary in PvP or PvE. In PvP it creates weird terrtain issues that pertain to balancing, and in PvE it's almost completely useless in the endgame (except to annoy tanks and ruin the positioning of pull).

I almost feel like they added this stuff willy-nully just because of Age of Conan.
    Blast Wave has been around for a while bro.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they added a single thing because of that terrible game. They probably had someone in the beta for AoC to scope out potential stuff they could add to WoW. The guy saw that the game was going to completely collapse after the first month and just laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    May I note that this is absolutely the most absurd thing I've read last month. How on earth would you cancel it anyway? The moment you get thrown away you will need (like all human beings) around 0.5/1s to react and press that trinket.. by that time you will have been thrown away already. So unless you want to make the trinket to put you back in the place you were knocked away from, useless!

Now forgive me if you had mentioned something else but the idea was too retarted to read your whole post or thread.

I think you need to tune up those reactions, the average PvPer can anticipate when the need for trinket is going to come and hover it, similar to hovering a brake in a car, yes the reaction time is slowish but using that thing between your ears can reduce reaction time by probably 80%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't think they added a single thing because of that terrible game. They probably had someone in the beta for AoC to scope out potential stuff they could add to WoW. The guy saw that the game was going to completely collapse after the first month and just laughed.
    You got burned by Conan too I see.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    Found your problem bro.

You don't know how to play the BG.

If you focus your attention on keeping 3 towers then you don't have to worry about the jerks one-shotting you at the flag.

FACT: Flag is not needed to win EotS.

If the whole team focuses on capping and keeping 3 towers the whole match, instead of rushing middle to fight in and around roads as much as possible because they think that the point of every BG is to grind killing blows, you'd win more games than not.
    So when you have a premade vs premade, meaning 2 pretty evenly skilled/geared teams, and they're fighting for control over bases with no one in the middle, you wouldn't send even one guy to get the flag? And you think you're gonna win this way?

We're not talking about pugs here. In pugs you often have one team completely rape the other team no matter what strategy they use because there are huge gear/skill gaps. I've done plenty of EotSs and other BGs and when your team is simply better then the other one it doesn't matter dick how you play it as long as you're doing something towards raising the score. That will not be the case in rated BGs so your idea of "just hold 3 bases" is the practical equivalent of saying "just win". The starting situation will be each team holding 2 bases and if you can then send less players than the enemy to the flag and still win it (because you can oneshot some of their team there) that lets you have more players everywhere else too, meaning more defense/offense at the bases. This is a huge issue for the overall balance of this BG and will ensure that teams without knockbacks will be demolished by ones that do have them, you can mark my words on that.

Knockbacks can be needed, especially as a shaman to knock rogues off, but the problem is just when there is a fight at the flag and a shaman ghost wolfs in and BAM 3 people killed with no warning. It can def be a game changer in rated bgs as a cap 3 towers! won't always be an option with coordinated teams. The flags will be needed from time to time and one shaman or boomie (though they need to aim it) running in and taking out multiple people in 1 cast thus securing the flag is a bit of an issue. Right now, who cares. it's annoying when it's done to you but hilarious on others and you just respawn. BGs don't mean much now. When you dying can be a loss of a position and a point difference than can change the game though....

Wasn't mind control nerfed due to this same problem with priests just throwing people off the lumber mill...?

Also, did the succubus ability get changed that gives locks a knockback too? Remember closer to the beginning of beta, succubi would lash people backwards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I think you need to tune up those reactions, the average PvPer can anticipate when the need for trinket is going to come and hover it, similar to hovering a brake in a car, yes the reaction time is slowish but using that thing between your ears can reduce reaction time by probably 80%
    Latency says Hi!

Thats a reasonable suggestion to solve a legit imbalance.

Don't pay any attention to the haters. You could suggest that girls show their boobs more often and everyone on this forum would tell you how thats such a horrible idea and it would be bad because most chicks are fat and how it would be impossible to implement because bras are impossible to unclasp.

I remember in TBC when I recommended having 10 and 25 man versions of raids and everyone thought it was a horrible idea.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post

I love it when people blast away at an idea, railing against its stupidity, and can't even spell the word "retarded" correctly. Kudos to you sir.