Thread: Arcane Missile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think from now on i'll just wait and see what will happen to arcane, because in all case, i'm still gonna play my mage as arcane.

I trust blizzard, Arcane Missiles is still screwed, it needs a much higher coeffiecient of gain from spellpower. If that means nerfing AB a bit so our DPS is not too high, it doesn't bother me. AB still has high burst, instead of two-shoting people in BGs, we'll simply three-shot them with AB+AB+PomAB

Anyway, as i said earlier, i don,t even see why i bother worrying... a lot of changes came late for some classes... just look at how long it took Blizz just to fix enhance shamans. I'm confident

To my knowledge they didn't change anything with AM dmg wise, they changed AB. Someone that is more adept at coefficients and such can let me know if i'm wrong there

That said, arcane is fine the way it is, although it's even more boring than it is on live right now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrion View Post
    As I explained above, its all about spamming as many arcane blasts past 4 stacks as possible. Its a whole different mindset now to the rotation, and it has alot to do with spamming 1 button...alot. They need another spell added to arcane thats apart of the rotation that gels with the mastery and allows you to actually have control over your mana IMO.
    Arcane has NEVER been about complex rotations that require the you to be on the tippy top of your toes to execute. It has ALWAYS been about managing your mana properly. While Blizzard kind of let that slide in Wrath (Woooo ABx4 AM to win rotation!) They seem to be getting back to it in Cata and the Mana Adept mastery really plays on that. The whole idea isn't to give you 20 bajillion buttons to focus on whilst also maintaining your perfect mana consumption, it's to let you spam that one button and control your mana usage for maximum dps. If you want a more complex rotation (lol) go fire or frost. Sure it's not that much more complex but the playstyles are much more dynamic. Focusing on the one spec you don't like is just stupid. If you want to play arcane but don't like it, well you're just SOL there.

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiiw View Post
    Arcane has NEVER been about complex rotations that require the you to be on the tippy top of your toes to execute. It has ALWAYS been about managing your mana properly. While Blizzard kind of let that slide in Wrath (Woooo ABx4 AM to win rotation!) They seem to be getting back to it in Cata and the Mana Adept mastery really plays on that. The whole idea isn't to give you 20 bajillion buttons to focus on whilst also maintaining your perfect mana consumption, it's to let you spam that one button and control your mana usage for maximum dps. If you want a more complex rotation (lol) go fire or frost. Sure it's not that much more complex but the playstyles are much more dynamic. Focusing on the one spec you don't like is just stupid. If you want to play arcane but don't like it, well you're just SOL there.
    I always liked Arcane for it's playstyle, utility talents and spells, i just think Arcane Missiles is just too weak and not even worth waiting for it to launch all five missiles, but that's for now, cuz i think that's just such an obvious flaw that it'll get fix soon probably. I may understand why it takes some time though... cause the arcane spec was always hard to design, and such a fix needs them to rework it again.