Thread: Ebon Imp

Ebon Imp

I was playing with a Target Dummy earlier and was curious to try out Curse of Doom some more since it seems to change so much. I saw the demon that spawned as an "Ebon Imp" that attacked melee and got some critical hits. It seems to me though that this is a interesting choice. Our normal Imp launches fireballs, so shouldn't the Ebon Imp do something spell related?

The only real reason I am curious is that I do not know how the damage scales. If I have 1 spell power or 1000 will the Ebon Imp be any stronger?

If this has been asked before I apologize. I am new to the forum and not completely sure how to navigate a search properly. Thanks, and I wish you all a great evening.

Deleted
    Someone who tested it wrote that it doesn't scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    Someone who tested it wrote that it doesn't scale.
    Post a source otherwise it's hard for people to believe you myself included.

I sincerely hope ebon imp is a placeholder, it's freak and ridicolous, and seeing it going melee even pathetic.. It's dps is around 350, still mostly a meh.. Nonetheless, mechanic is fun and a lil work on this, with glyphs etc. Can make it a win easily.

I would assume it is a placeholder. I could be wrong of course, but it's model is those of the Outland Imps is it not? And for those that have played Wrath the name may immediately make one think of the Ebon Blade faction.

Might be that we nabbed Arthas' soul by accident. I almost feel bad for destroying the 32 souls in my old Abysal Bag; they deserved better, especially if one of them was Arthas, that sweet little snuggle bear.

I don't see any reasons for it being a placeholder. The fact that it was the word 'ebon' means jack. The Ashen Verdict exists despite the fact that there was a faction named the Ashtongue Deathsworn. In order to imply the Imp relates to the DK faction, it would have to be an Ebon Blade Imp. The word 'ebon' refers to the black color of the imp.

I am just throwing around ideas. As far as I know the imp is actually Lifewing, Deathwing's long lost brother, who seeks to destroy all unhappiness in Azeroth with a Cataclysm of flowers and bunnies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone is having an enjoyable friday evening :P

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jondeplume View Post
    I am just throwing around ideas. As far as I know the imp is actually Lifewing, Deathwing's long lost brother, who seeks to destroy all unhappiness in Azeroth with a Cataclysm of flowers and bunnies.
    Make it happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Post a source otherwise it's hard for people to believe you myself included.
    Warlocomotiv posted about Ebon Imp not scaling in the beta forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by jondeplume View Post
    Might be that we nabbed Arthas' soul by accident. I almost feel bad for destroying the 32 souls in my old Abysal Bag; they deserved better, especially if one of them was Arthas, that sweet little snuggle bear.
    Thank you, that just made my morning.

We have our demon names, but this is the first one with a color attached to it. I had a nightmare about this, brought on by copious amounts of pureed soul shards over ice no doubt. But we now have a psychotic prison hardened killing machine running around. No doubt in her evil machinations she discovered a way to spread her evil fingers of fear into the World of Peacecraft. I am speaking of course of Martha Stewart. She'll pick out colors for your drapes then clean the kitchen counter tops with your spleen.

Hide your children folks, and maybe your gold plated stuffed ferret collection.