Gnomeragan and Zul'Gurub reclaimed through phasing

If you've done the live event you know that Gnomeragan city isn't fully reclaimed. And if you've been keeping up wtith announcements, Zul'Gurub is no longer a raid.

This makes these two prime candidates to be reclaimed in cataclysm around level 35 after rinishing quests/instance quests and becoming capitals after level 35.

Would be really cool, Atterrall homecoming of the Trolls to stranglethorn vale, they retain their base in Durotar, and Echo Isles is still the starting zone, but you get a a racial story progression for those 2. Once you complete the quests, the city zone becomes phased into a capital, with flight points and AHs, vendors and trainers.. gives the two zones some life after you've gone past those levels rather than fading into the past where you never really return except with a new alt. And gives Gnome and Troll lovers some joy.

kinda nice too, gives the horde and alliance both 3 cities on eastern kingdoms and the horde vital city in the south even though it is only active after level 35 if you've done the quests. Would also be the closest horde city to Vashj''ir. As for gnomergan , that could be fun too, deep run tram extended to its base station, Gnoemragan always kinda reminded me of final fantasy 7 city, iguess it was the train. but yeah..

Would be nice. Later on, they can add a movie and events to the reclaimed city, but for now all they neeed do is add a phase and organise the zone as a city.

A troll city would be rather bitchin'... And the horde does seem like it could use a capital city in southern eastern kingdoms... I doubt blizzard would do it though. ^_^;;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videogamerpat View Post
    A troll city would be rather bitchin'... And the horde does seem like it could use a capital city in southern eastern kingdoms... I doubt blizzard would do it though. ^_^;;
    alliance should have a city in south kalimador than

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but where? no place makes sense, i mean i guess theramore, but humans already have SWC. and before uldam comes out, whats down there right now. i guess they could move exodar to the south since it's on another server, would just take a map change and could be explained that it shifted during the "event".

Quote Originally Posted by ikotanya View Post
    but where? no place makes sense, i mean i guess theramore, but humans already have SWC. and before uldam comes out, whats down there right now. i guess they could move exodar to the south since it's on another server, would just take a map change and could be explained that it shifted during the "event".
    They could turn Theramoore into a real City.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TK99 View Post
    They could turn Theramoore into a real City.
    i'd be behind it 100% Theramore is alrdy built up just add sum trainers guards yada yada, As for Zul'Gurub it would need a overhaul but u could turn each "Boss Area" into trainer areas and have Hakkars Altar as a Hub for Flight point/InnKeep/ and AH it would be quite nice addition to the game. I have a feeling people will say Zul Gurub is Gurubashi blah blah blah, but Darkspear as also Jungle trolls so it would work fine.

Jungle trolls: The Gurubashi Empire and its break-away tribes, the Bloodscalp, Skullsplitter, Darkspear, and Shatterspear. straight from http://www.wowwiki.com/Troll
    Last edited by Legendary_Zer0; 2010-10-09 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary_Zer0 View Post
    i'd be behind it 100% Theramore is alrdy built up just add sum trainers guards yada yada, As for Zul'Gurub it would need a overhaul but u could turn each "Boss Area" into trainer areas and have Hakkars Altar as a Hub for Flight point/InnKeep/ and AH it would be quite nice addition to the game
    yeah, but Zul'Gurub would be a troll capital. why would the give another capital to humans? I know it's easy to treat gnomes like 2nd class citizens but they're people too, i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ikotanya View Post
    yeah, but Zul'Gurub would be a troll capital. why would the give another capital to humans? I know it's easy to treat gnomes like 2nd class citizens but they're people too, i guess.
    No clue to balance out the horde have 3 caps on EK

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I would find it annoying if blizzard had to copy horde and alliance like a mirror for any of them to have a capitol anywhere... it would feel more realistick. And the eastern kingdoms lower parts might grow interesting... did that just sound a bit? mehhh dont worry
    Norway Ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by StonyComet View Post
    I would find it annoying if blizzard had to copy horde and alliance like a mirror for any of them to have a capitol anywhere... it would feel more realistick. And the eastern kingdoms lower parts might grow interesting... did that just sound a bit? mehhh dont worry
    If it were realistic, the Horde would be nowhere near the strength to wage war against the Alliance. And if they did, they most certainly wouldn't cover the amount of territory the Alliance has. They'd be stuck in the general Barrens area, and I think only the Forsaken would gain any real grounds for waging a war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    If it were realistic, the Horde would be nowhere near the strength to wage war against the Alliance. And if they did, they most certainly wouldn't cover the amount of territory the Alliance has. They'd be stuck in the general Barrens area, and I think only the Forsaken would gain any real grounds for waging a war.
    If you are reffering to the "Stormwind has 200000 citizens" then you should know that the info was wrong to begin with. I think we can be safe that they are about equally strong in lore.