Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Anub'arak in Cataclysm.

Supercharged HP values.

Anub'arak heals based on enemy max HP.

Mortal Strike debuff is cut in half.

DPS is barely going up at 85.

Heroic Anub'arak will be.. interesting.

Even just off tanks he'll be healing for a funny amount.

I'm not on beta, so I don't know, but DPS is barely going up? that doesn't seem right since heroic bosses have 3-6x more health than current 5 man bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofraz View Post
    I'm not on beta, so I don't know, but DPS is barely going up? that doesn't seem right since heroic bosses have 3-6x more health than current 5 man bosses.
    That's because current 5-man bosses are worthlessy undertuned and pathetic. For Cataclysm bosses to be challenging they need many times their HP.

I am on beta. DPS has not gone up much if at all from Heroic Icecrown geared players.

He heals based on current HP, not max HP. So the dps can just let their health get low, lower than they can now since he does less damage as a percentage of their Cata HP. So he'll heal about the same as he does now besides the initial HP drain.

Quote Originally Posted by justise View Post
    He heals based on current HP, not max HP. So the dps can just let their health get low, lower than they can now since he does less damage as a percentage of their Cata HP. So he'll heal about the same as he does now besides the initial HP drain.
    That aside, he'll heal for 25% more due to the mortal strike nerf, and then a large amount more due to Tanks not being able to stay at low HP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    That's because current 5-man bosses are worthlessy undertuned and pathetic. For Cataclysm bosses to be challenging they need many times their HP.

I am on beta. DPS has not gone up much if at all from Heroic Icecrown geared players.
    From what I've seen most people in the crappy gear available on the beta are doing about the same as they were in their IcC gear ( While in IcC ) meaning about 30% increase.I wouldn't call that not too much, especially when numbers aren't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    From what I've seen most people in the crappy gear available on the beta are doing about the same as they were in their IcC gear ( While in IcC ) meaning about 30% increase.I wouldn't call that not too much, especially when numbers aren't done yet.
    I didn't find that to be the case. People are usually doing 15,000/20,000 DPS in an Icecrown raid on live (granted raid buffed). In Cataclysm heroics people were at 9,000/12,000 DPS depending on the fight (people from my guild).

Someone hasn't done Heroics on the BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Someone hasn't done Heroics on the BETA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SZdourZtYc

I didn't find that to be the case. People are usually doing 15,000/20,000 DPS in an Icecrown raid on live (granted raid buffed). In Cataclysm heroics people were at 9,000/12,000 DPS depending on the fight (people from my guild).
    15,000/20,000? Most people are doing that much dps now on Single Target fights regardless of what boss it is? Damn. I need some of those dps in my raids.

30% buff, raid buffs also.

You either have no idea what you're talking about or you're lying.

15,000/20,000? Most people are doing that much dps now on Single Target fights regardless of what boss it is? Damn. I need some of those dps in my raids.

I am not lying. That's about what people do in full 277 gear with the 30% buff. I think if you are in fact geared in that way that you can do better.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2010-10-09 at 05:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Actually 15k dps is not unheard of on tank-and-spank fights with the 30% buff. I know in our guild Rotface, Festergut, Saurafang, and the first 2 minutes of Lich King, 15k+ is not unheard of. On H-Lk Those first two minutes your seeing a lot of splash damage with dps hitting the adds that appear around the Lich king, so seeing warriors, dks, and fire mages hitting 20k is doable.

Blood Queen is debateable because of the bite buff that inflates dps. Marrow, Putress, Council, and Sindragosa have a lot more stopping so dps will drop. and Gunship and Dreamwalker are basically add fights for dps.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2010-10-09 at 05:08 AM.

Oh no! The easiest boss in the BETA has been killed? Heaven forbid. That bit aside, most bosses in the BETA have been overtuned, Blizzard has said this multiple times. Some mobs are able to 2 - 3 shot the tank (Inb4 LAWL HEELZ/TANKZ) and are able to hit for 50k - 100k. If you did up to the second boss in Deadmines, you would know that many of the mobs are grotesquely overtuned, hitting for 100k+ when they hit their mini enrage which you can't stop. You can't say every boss is easy due to one boss not being a challenge.

Oh no! The easiest boss in the BETA has been killed? Heaven forbid. That bit aside, most bosses in the BETA have been overtuned, Blizzard has said this multiple times. Some mobs are able to 2 - 3 shot the tank (Inb4 LAWL HEELZ/TANKZ) and are able to hit for 50k - 100k. If you did up to the second boss in Deadmines, you would know that many of the mobs are grotesquely overtuned, hitting for 100k+ when they hit their mini enrage which you can't stop. You can't say every boss is easy due to one boss not being a challenge.
    What are you talking about? I said WRATH OF THE LICH KING bosses are worthless and pathetic.

And then you said I hadn't done Beta heroics, so I linked you my doing a beta heroic.

Beta heroics are challenging and well tuned.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2010-10-09 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Actually 15k dps is not unheard of on tank-and-spank fights with the 30% buff. I know in our guild Rotface, Festergut, Saurafang, and the first 2 minutes of Lich King, 15k+ is not unheard of. On H-Lk Those first two minutes your seeing a lot of splash damage with dps hitting the adds that appear around the Lich king, so seeing warriors, dks, and fire mages hitting 20k is doable.
    15,000/20,000 on tank and spanks. But if you ONLY factor those in then you aren't reading the full comment. If you took the dps of a guild, full iLvL 277 or no, added it up, then divided it by the number of bosses, the damage wouldn't be close to 15,000.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 05:10 AM ----------

What are you talking about? I said WRATH OF THE LICH KING bosses are worthless and pathetic.

And then you said I hadn't done Beta heroics, so I linked you my doing a beta heroic.
    Ah, just noticed. You said current, I must have skipped over that word by accident. Thought you said...
    "That's because 5-man bosses are worthlessy undertuned and pathetic. For Cataclysm bosses to be challenging they need many times their HP."
    You can see without reading the "current" in there that there would be a misunderstanding.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 05:10 AM ----------

I am not lying. That's about what people do in full 277 gear with the 30% buff. I think if you are in fact geared in that way that you can do better.
    Not overall on all the bosses.

That aside, he'll heal for 25% more due to the mortal strike nerf, and then a large amount more due to Tanks not being able to stay at low HP.
    Tanks don't need to stay at full HP either. And I'm guessing in Cata raid gear and with raid buffs, dps will go way up as well. Has anyone tried to do any WotLK raids at 85?

15+ Year Old Account
    Either I'm misunderstanding on what you are trying to say, or you are lousy at explaining yourself. I'm saying that on a tank-and-spank type of fight where little movement is required, 15-16k dps in full 277 is doable. Shoot 14k is doable in full 264 (my kitty druid can attest to this). DPS is on an individual level, not on a raid level. True several people can carry a few people with their higher dps and still win the fight. But Reaching those numbers requires a) gear and b) skill with your class and knowing your rotation.

You can't really compare Cata 5mans with WotLK raids, because you get many more buffs while in a full raid. I have yet to see anyone do over 10k dps in a WotLK 5man, even with full 277 gear. Damage jumps a lot from a WotLK 5man to a WotLK raid, so I would guess it jumps a lot from a Cata 5man to a Cata raid.

You can't really compare Cata 5mans with WotLK raids, because you get many more buffs while in a full raid. I have yet to see anyone do over 10k dps in a WotLK 5man, even with full 277 gear. Damage jumps a lot from a WotLK 5man to a WotLK raid, so I would guess it jumps a lot from a Cata 5man to a Cata raid.
    One part of that is DPS often requires buildup and everything in WOTLK dies in 5 seconds

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually if I pop all of my cds on my mage, I can hit 11k, 13k if I can get Heroism/Lust. Last time I did this 11k was on the second to last boss on Occulus, 13k was on a) Brewfest boss b) Moorabi while helping a guildy with Less-rabi (actually got the achievement with him only casting his transformation once).