Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargz View Post
    confused, Lava lash is no different glyphed or am I reading that wrong.
    Fixed, getting tired, been up quite long You may need to shift reload to get the new image.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 01:28 PM ----------

My reasoning for stormstrike = 2 melee hits + possible windfury + flame tongue + Lightning Shield Damage + crit debuff and all the msw that comes with it. Its quite a junk of damage coming in.

And yep until you have a decent amount of mastery rating spells will have a lower priority - again we are talking about level 80 here not a maxed out cataclysm char.

I like the discussion, different point of views.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    Here is the link to the Enhancement Shaman 4.0 Summary.
    I am sorry to say, but i think your talents arent that good for PVE DPS.
    When we get this patch ill try first this talent tree
    I am not sure with socketing yes, but i keep trying on PTR.

Also mana regen is crazy high.... i never lose any mana even i solo, or questing. I think at this point all mana regen talent just waste of point.
    Last edited by Boboca; 2010-10-09 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by Boboca View Post

Also mana regen is crazy high.... i never lose any mana even i solo, or questing. I think at this point all mana regen talent just waste of point.
    Every time you link an enhancement spec without Ancestral Swiftness, Ghostcrawler kills a kitten.

I would say the best PVE DPS spec at lvl 80 after 4.0 hits is:

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hbhZfcG0sMhRGo:kRqoVb

My personal spec will trade the 2 points in Acuity for Frozen Power, so it can double as a PVP spec as well. Imp Shields is more for Ele/Resto, and a waste of points for Enhance, it provides very little bonus damage. Imp Fire Nova won't be used on Single target, but lots of boss fights have adds, and the difference between 6 sec and 10 sec AOE is noticeable. It's either Imp FN or Imp Shields but you need to spend 2 points in something lackluster to continue in Enhance.

You should be aware that you need to be level 81 to try your spec and as mentioned many times before, our crit is already very high, I'd prefer Concussion over Acuity. And yes a spec without Ancestral Swiftness is probably not optimal.

I do not have a single mana saving talent selected, in fact there aren't any ones we could choose, just the ones we get by chosing Enhancement tree right from the start.

@gunwolf: why dont you trade those two points in imp fire nova for frozen power isntead for your pvp spec? i think 2% crit is better than imp fire nova in both situations . you could put those points in acuity into earthern power instead though .
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

If only someone would do this for elementals everything would be alright.

Great guide, fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    @gunwolf: why dont you trade those two points in imp fire nova for frozen power isntead for your pvp spec? i think 2% crit is better than imp fire nova in both situations . you could put those points in acuity into earthern power instead though .
    AoE has been nerfed to the ground, we are probably going to need all we can get. A decent amout of Mastery Rating can get us back to the level before the nerf.

Even right now I have glyphed and specced into Fire Nova, since it is always a nice button to press when other abilities are on cooldown ~ each 4-6 seconds I'd say.
    It is not only about thrash, but for example the only fight we still (semi) struggle with is Halion HC. Iam upstairs in P3 and could not imagine any better Talent than improve Fire Nova for the fight.

Marrowgar - Bonespikes, Deathwhisper on Adds, Gunship - Adds, I even like to nova way when beasts come on Saurfang, can often get 14k on Saurfang and like 1100 per beast before they move away. Dreamwalker, Adds. Sindragosa P3, I can still use Fire Nova when resetting debuffs behind blocks .. or in other phases while running away from blistering cold. Lich King Valkyrs, surplus Ghouls during winter.
    Don't forget, in 4.0 we only get 50% spellcrit bonus damage and we are at melee crit cap anyhow. Right now I have to gem half my gems with +hit to be able to push the crit cap a bit higher, so it will not be wasted on my gear. We will even get MORE +crit with the arp to crit conversion, it will probably more than make up for the consolidated raid buffs, depending on how much arp you have right now. I just don't see hwo these 2% crit can benefit the raid more than being able to help out in rough situations, isn't that the whole point of our class, these countless situations to use the tools we have to step in when it is needed?

Right now the only fight that seems semi challenging is Halion HC, isn't it the best choice by far to get improved Fire Nova. I am upstairs in p3 (we raid with 2 Enhancement Shamans - bring the player not the class )

When running heroics, I can get 2 novas off instead of 1 and be able to contribute a bit more than just my buffs

I am aware that from a strice single target point of view Fire Nova doesn't make much sense, but I see it more as one of our options for utility or situational dps than strict simmed artificial environment single target dps.

If you play around with sims you will often see that by changing the parameters from default to varieties will end you up with different stats. For example if you decrease the fights to the 2-3 min they last now or add in more targets and you will see how stats swtich around suddenly - (t10 4 piece is very strong, but pre icc it made a good difference)

I absolutely love this discussion to hear various points and am glad that you participate. I think this is exactly what blizzard wanted to do with the new trees, to give players options and not 1 strict way to do things.

When others read these arguments it will help them make the best decision for their situation.

I will add my spec and fire nova glyph as aoe dps spec and the concussion - acuity as single target dps. Think we can all live with that.

I didn't read every single spec, but it seems a lot of people are going a bit of a different direction than me.

I was planning to go

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hhbZffG0s0hRGo

and then reforge all my crit into mastery. This was going to leave me with 50% crit(in combat with ED, excluding all agi gemming, and unbuffed otherwise) as well as 40% increased spell dmg at the current mastery ratings.

Am I missing something and heading in the wrong direction? To me, it seems more than reasonable to take acuity, reforge crit, and go with something like this until cata hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

You state that 1 point of agility equals 1 spellpower. This just isn't true. Yes, 1 AGI = 2 AP, and 2 AP = SP, but you're forgetting to add in a) mail specialization, and b) other ap increasing buffs like UR.

EDIT: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hhbZffG0s0hRGo would be the best single target dps spec for 4.0. Acuity>Concussion>Imp Shields.
    Last edited by emidas; 2010-10-10 at 04:11 AM.

Great guide. I am definitely bookmarking this so that I have a clue as to what is going on with the new patch drops.

Thanks!
    Lheage - 75 Dranei Shaman on Bloodhoof
    Blessthis - 80 Blood Elf Paladin on Bloodhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpissah View Post
    Every time you link an enhancement spec without Ancestral Swiftness, Ghostcrawler kills a kitten.
    QFT, any DPS'er who isn't using Ancestral Swiftness fails. HARD.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by emidas View Post
    You state that 1 point of agility equals 1 spellpower. This just isn't true. Yes, 1 AGI = 2 AP, and 2 AP = SP, but you're forgetting to add in a) mail specialization, and b) other ap increasing buffs like UR.

EDIT: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hhbZffG0s0hRGo would be the best single target dps spec for 4.0. Acuity>Concussion>Imp Shields.
    Yep, you are right, it was more a rule of thumb, to show that we get more Spell power from AP than we do at the Moment. So, what is the exact number?
    Shouldn't mail specialization convert 100 Agility to 105 on the Char Screen and thus still provide 1:1 Spell power?
    Other than that there is only kings (=motw)and Unleashed Rage to take into consideration? Or also Flame Tongue? Then we'd look at

Mail spec: 105%
    Unleashed Rage: 110%
    Kings: 110%
    Flame Tongue: 106%
    ------------------
    Total: 131%

Or does it add up differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Tearitup View Post
    Great guide. I am definitely bookmarking this so that I have a clue as to what is going on with the new patch drops.

Thanks!
    I am glad you like it, if you have more question just add them here or on the site.

Question to the others:

One thing I am not sure about are our Glyphs, since the Storm strike one seems to be really nice with the added spell crit chance (it slipped past me the last patch +33% spell crit, glyphed)

But do we drop Windfury or Feral Spirit for it, if at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we still going to use FS or not?

i'd say yes. it´s better as ES atm, and that's with a 1.2 modifier on ES's side. with 4.0 FS will benefit from that modifier as well (scaling even, with gear). the edge ES will have over FS is the new 25%/33% increased crit chance of nature spells, which is however not so strong as to make ES better. with cataclysm unleash elements comes into the equation as well, and as we will not have lvb ( ), and ll not working of uw, flame shock will be the spell to profit from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    I didn't read every single spec, but it seems a lot of people are going a bit of a different direction than me.

I was planning to go

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#hhbZffG0s0hRGo

and then reforge all my crit into mastery. This was going to leave me with 50% crit(in combat with ED, excluding all agi gemming, and unbuffed otherwise) as well as 40% increased spell dmg at the current mastery ratings.

Am I missing something and heading in the wrong direction? To me, it seems more than reasonable to take acuity, reforge crit, and go with something like this until cata hits.
    This, what Vargarii said is the only true. While we regem are our haste gems to Agility we will be way high on crit. Therefore we can refogre are gear crit to expertise / hit / mastery.

I will personally go probably for full Agi gems. I will try to gather my Mastery at least to 40% via reforging. As glyphs I will use either : Stormstrike / Feral / Windfury or Stormstrike / Feral / Lava Lash. Whatever will sim the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    This, what Vargarii said is the only true. While we regem are our haste gems to Agility we will be way high on crit. Therefore we can refogre are gear crit to expertise / hit / mastery.

I will personally go probably for full Agi gems. I will try to gather my Mastery at least to 40% via reforging. As glyphs I will use either : Stormstrike / Feral / Windfury or Stormstrike / Feral / Lava Lash. Whatever will sim the best.
    Thank You very much! Thats what i am looking for! I tried in PTR already. Looks Windfury for me better then Lava Lash glyph. But its only on doomie. Will see in live realm in raid, because PTR Groups are so bad.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 02:15 AM ----------

I was in PTR a couple HRS.
    And i tried everything we talked about.
    The best what Vargarii said. But i only tried on Doomie.
    So in the ger i have and same socketing ... i did 4700 dps in 2M damage done. (in live realm i do 7k on doomie, but i always go oom.)
    I changed everything what Vargarii said (got agi in every slot after expertise cap) and reforged every crits to mastery. was 7200 DPS.
    After i put back my heroic Franged Skull (reforged to mastery), and bought the enh totem from vendor, reforged and socketed to agi. there is the picture:

if u cant see the picture, klick on the small question mark!

It was 9300 for a couple seconds..., but i had flask and fish from icc... But before it was same always around 9k

Thank you guys all your help! Now i can say, cant wait the patch
    Last edited by Boboca; 2010-10-11 at 02:20 AM. Reason: try to correct the image

Thank You very much! Thats what i am looking for! I tried in PTR already. Looks Windfury for me better then Lava Lash glyph. But its only on doomie. Will see in live realm in raid, because PTR Groups are so bad.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 02:15 AM ----------

I was in PTR a couple HRS.
    And i tried everything we talked about.
    The best what Vargarii said. But i only tried on Doomie.
    So in the ger i have and same socketing ... i did 4700 dps in 2M damage done. (in live realm i do 7k on doomie, but i always go oom.)
    I changed everything what Vargarii said (got agi in every slot after expertise cap) and reforged every crits to mastery. was 7200 DPS.
    After i put back my heroic Franged Skull (reforged to mastery), and bought the enh totem from vendor, reforged and socketed to agi. there is the picture:

if u cant see the picture, klick on the small question mark!

It was 9300 for a couple seconds..., but i had flask and fish from icc... But before it was same always around 9k

Thank you guys all your help! Now i can say, cant wait the patch

I do want to point out that it wasn't my idea, though. I'm fairly certain I picked it up from the EJ cata posts and stuck with the idea because of the numbers I saw when plugging that into my 80 beta toon I hadn't yet deleted.

The main reason for my post was to find out if things had changed, and I was doing something wrong, because majority of the specs in this thread were very different from what I was expecting to work with.

It seems like there are several in agreement with me though, so even if it isn't perfect, it appears to be going in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by THELEMONS View Post
    If only someone would do this for elementals everything would be alright.

Great guide, fun read.
    Sorry for the slight derail - but Binkenstein, Pewter and Zamir put their heads together and made the 4.0.1 Elemental Guide on TotemSpot. Everything you need to know as elemental and 4.0.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    Mail spec: 105%
    Unleashed Rage: 110%
    Kings: 110%
    Flame Tongue: 106%
    ------------------
    Total: 131%

Or does it add up differently?
    Kings is 5% not 10% in patch 4.0.1+. Also all buffs like this should be multiplicative not additive.