Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Curse of The Trinket

hi. i am really really really REALLY, annoyed about my trinket.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Arrowstorm

the 245 itemlevel one.
    its not only that its bad. i am BOUND to it. since it is the source of much of my Hit Rating, i cant hit stuff without it. so what can i do, so when i drop it, i wont be unable to hit bosses?
    some people says i should get hit gems. but that will take around 6 gems, which mean i lose 120agility. that sucks and there is other stuff which does hit gems annoying.
    there is the MM talent that does i get 3% more hit if i got 3/3. but Cata comes soon and may not work right that way. and what should i drop for those talents?
    anyone got any other ideas?

Ugh, that's an awful trinket. It's quite possibly the most horrible one in the entire expansion. Don't even vendor it, destroy it! USE Focused Aim. When Cataclysm comes out, gem hit if you need to, use the accuracy enchant on your weapon, hit rating on your gloves. Anything but the Mark of Ohgodkillmenow.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed you are WAY over hit cap. You have three other pieces with hit on them... you're far from hit rating starved.

EDITEDIT: Also, while I'm at it, why the T10 legs, and not the T10 chest? Fix, fix, fix fix fix, it's too late in the expac and too far into ICC to make silly mistakes with gear, not when there's so much available material out there to help gear properly.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-10-09 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging in 4.0.1.

Losing 120 agility will set you back 120 attack power right? That's 8.5 DPS.

Losing 128 hit rating will lose you 3.9% hit, which is a minimum of 3.9% DPS.

The hit is worth more in this scenario, bud.

Edit: Herecius's comment on your hit rating is more useful than my post now.

Edit again: actually, Herecius, he's only slightly above the hit cap. He's at 9.48% extra hit chance. He could lose 15 hit rating and be fine, but that's it.
    Last edited by Scuravolpe; 2010-10-09 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Ugh, that's an awful trinket. It's quite possibly the most horrible one in the entire expansion. Don't even vendor it, destroy it! USE Focused Aim.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed you are WAY over hit cap. You have three other pieces with hit on them... you're far from hit rating starved.

EDITEDIT: Also, while I'm at it, why the T10 legs, and not the T10 chest? Fix, fix, fix fix fix, it's too late in the expac and too far into ICC to make silly mistakes with gear, not when there's so much available material out there to help gear properly.
    1. dunno what talents i should kick out for it really. maybe you got ideas to that? :P
    2. im not, but if i remove the trinket, i under cap for hitting raid stuff.
    3. i got the chest in my bank, waiting for the legs to drop in my guilds friday 25man runs.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzi View Post
    Reforging in 4.0.1.
    that is a option, yes. die in fire Arp, if you were there still.

Loose the trinket, specc MM and put 2 points in focused aim + make sure u always have a draenei(might as well use the only dmg related alliance racial)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    1. dunno what talents i should kick out for it really. maybe you got ideas to that? :P
    2. im not, but if i remove the trinket, i under cap for hitting raid stuff.
    3. i got the chest in my bank, waiting for the legs to drop in my guilds friday 25man runs.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 09:40 AM ----------

that is a option, yes. die in fire Arp, if you were there still.
    You could take a point out of Master Tactician, Survival crit rating is ridonculous in ICC gear, could take two points out of Noxious Stings, it's not that vital of a talent. Maybe a point out of Sniper Training. Survival is fairly flexible. Do you even need hunting party? Are you the only source of replenishment? All of this is moot anyways, assuming 4.0 comes out next week, but it still makes me sad that gearing and speccing is this 'tough' so late. :/

You're way over the hit cap. That is wasted DPS. That's also, like I said, one of the worst trinkets available. The on-use is INCREDIBLY weak. Even Mirror of Truth has a better uptime and provides almost as much average AP, and MoT is a pre-Naxx badge trinket.

Like I said, this hardly matters anyways, because if 4.0 comes out next week, your spec and everything is going to change in a few days anyways, but lose that trinket. Use any other means necessary to reach the hit cap. Hell, use the old Molten Core hit rating scope, even.

Also, if nobody has noted yet, you should probably start using the epic crafted ammo, dps upgrade right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeraz View Post
    Loose the trinket, specc MM and put 2 points in focused aim + make sure u always have a draenei(might as well use the only dmg related alliance racial)
    Though sage advice, it should be noted that the Draenei racial is becoming self-only come the next patch.

Theres no use in those ARP gems in your chest either tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Edit again: actually, Herecius, he's only slightly above the hit cap. He's at 9.48% extra hit chance. He could lose 15 hit rating and be fine, but that's it.
    He only needs 8%, with a Draenei in group only 7%. But lets stay with the 8%. Thats 263 Hitrating. so he can lose like 50 hitrating.

In 4.0.1 you only need like 240ish Hitrating to reach 8%. So he can really get rid of that trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love people who don't realize Mirror of Truth and Greatness exist.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    He only needs 8%, with a Draenei in group only 7%. But lets stay with the 8%. Thats 263 Hitrating. so he can lose like 50 hitrating.

In 4.0.1 you only need like 240ish Hitrating to reach 8%. So he can really get rid of that trinket.
    It's 248 come 4.0.1 if I recall correctly.

You'll definitely be regemming soon as you will be bathed in crit with all the ArP gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmordean View Post
    It's 248 come 4.0.1 if I recall correctly.
    Confirmed.

Deleted
    Thanks. Didn't recall the exact number.

Don't get rid of the trinket though! It may become very useful for you while leveling to 85 when our stats start to shrink.

You need help..
    1) get rid of all the arp gems replace with agil gems as you are no where near being ready for an arp build. In Cataclysm all arp gems will be turned into crit gems
    so you will have to regem anyhow.
    2) use your socket bonuses, you have a nightmare tear in belt that could go in blue socket on chest. The yellow socket on chest can be any of the orange gems that you would need.

Just remember, hit cap in cataclysm is 248, so adjust accordingly.
    Last edited by bobn9lvu; 2010-10-09 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Don't get rid of the trinket though! It may become very useful for you while leveling to 85 when our stats start to shrink.
    It won't be - we won't be spending much time hitting mobs 3 levels above us while levelling.

Oh I agree, but 5% hit isn't going to be the same number as it is now. 600 hit at 85 just to not miss on stuff your own level.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Losing 120 agility will set you back 120 attack power right? That's 8.5 DPS.
    Okk... 1. 120 agility is not 8.5 DPS 120 agility is around 240 DPS fully buffed.

2. You're 1.48% over the hit cap half the hit on that trinket is wasted. You're not using icewalker, agility+hit gems and are missing half your bonuses.

3. you get rid of 128 hit rating, you then pick up another 60 hit rating from gems, hands and icewalker

4. The hit cap has been 248 for any level 80 character... /facepalm