Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Strike...what the hell?

Strike

A simple strike that deals 12 to 18 damage. Use once you have sufficient rage.
    20 Rage, 5 yd range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown.

I'm lost. What's the point of this new Warrior ability?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    so new warriors understand the mechanic of rage?

It's used until you get Heroic Strike. So it's for low levels only
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    so it's like primal strike for warriors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    It's used until you get Heroic Strike. So it's for low levels only
    Until you get Mortal Strike or Bloodthirst, actually.

Level 1 warriors start with it instead of Heroic Strike. It's just a filler ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Heroic Strike too I assume. For Protection Warriors.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    This. Strike is a low-level warrior ability intended to be replaced when that warrior reaches level 10 and chooses a specialization (thus earning superior abilities). Once Heroic Strike is gained, Strike no longer has any use whatsoever.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    Well, it's basically useless past 10 for any spec, but it shares a cooldown with the primary skills, not Heroic Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    Shield Slam, actually.
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

15+ Year Old Account
    It's for lvl 1-10 until you take a spec and replace Strike with MS/Bloodthirst/SSlam.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Shield Slam, actually.
    which has a 5 second cooldown? I'm not sure what other abilities prot wars have at level 10, but they probably need something other than shield slam to spend rage on....probably.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    which has a 5 second cooldown? I'm not sure what other abilities prot wars have at level 10, but they probably need something other than shield slam to spend rage on....probably.
    Thunder Clap? :U

There's not really very much to spend rage on at that level, so it's pretty much just Shield Slam/Mortal Strike/Bloodthirst with the occasional Thunder Clap or maybe Rend if you're bored. You can't use Strike regardless, though.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    6 seconds, actually, and since it shares a cooldown with Strike, but hits dramatically harder for the same amount of rage, what's the point of using Strike when you can Shield Slam, even if you have to wait a couple more seconds?

None.
    Grim Campfire

Either way, the point is it's a filler ability so you don't get bored to tears before you get to 10.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

I always figured it would have shared a cooldown with Heroic Strike. It just makes more thematic sense, you know? Strike becomes "heroic" by getting off the gcd and better scaling, but costs 10 more rage. Plus, by that time you wouldn't be using Strike as it doesn't have good scaling, so nobody would ever decide to use it instead to save 10 rage.

Though, I guess the shared cooldown with the specialization abilities basically does the same thing. Don't know why four levels would've made much of a difference though...