Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bad idea,just some slow down mechanic for what purpose? Realism?

Deleted
    the only good thing about this change from my perspective is that my mage would be a millionaire again from selling portals..
    if you were in vanilla you should also remember the days where the lookingforgroup channel wasn't citywide right?did you enjoy running to every city and "LF3m <insert dungeon here>"?
    This was the reason orgrimmar (for horde) was the only place to be when you wanted to do something or sell something.
    So my vote is: No!..Bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedj View Post
    I personally enjoy reading those aion-based comments where people adress to Aion as something they've played first or have priority over WoW. As if WoW copied anything from Aion when in fact it was the opposite way, unlike some nab said on the first page.
    Maybe you should read. It states that experience through gathering was something found in Aion and now also in WoW. So how can it be the other way around? Actually, who cares? This is a welcome change to the game as you won't feel like your wasting time while leveling and it will also give you the extra incentive to pick up professions. It's not a bad thing to copy you know. It's better to copy something good then fail horribly at creating something new (imo).

Besides that, yes Aion does need a flight restriction, simply because you can also PvP in the air and thus you also need to be able to balance that. To be just slightly ontopic, I don't think WoW needs this. It would be a pain in the ass considering when you fly, you just fly from A to B (or some pointless circling/AFK'ing) and this restriction would just annoy people. Besides that PvP isn't supported in the air so there are literally no reasons to put this through. Or well, for people who think restrictions like these bring back the hardcoreness of vanilla. So no from me.

I lol'd at the thread name

I'd ... yeah... no. It would just end up being either not noticeable or irritating. Either way not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next thing to introduce : Bathroom bar with a new item called "Portable bush"

I'm waiting on the ale chugging and prostitute in the 2nd floor of the inn minigames.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla...during Vanilla WoW I'd have to say that places were much more exciting, the quests...the travels...and I personally enjoyed Vanilla zones much more than WOTLK and BC. one of the reasons was because there were no flying mounts, you had to mount up and travel from one place to another... or pay a flight master to get you somewhere. with flying mounts you can just mount up and fly wherever you want. is this sort of ease in travel even needed?

and besides...staying up in the sky 24/7 is just silly. that's why I'm making this suggestion thread.

There should be some sort of "fuel" for flying mounts (like a fatigue/breath system) once your flying mount TAKES OFF from the ground you'll see a (Mount Energy) bar which is simmiliar to breath bar on the center of the screen (or under your player frame) your flying mount can stay up to 10-20 mins in the sky without any need to come down and rest.

once your mount comes down the energy bar starts to fill slowly...it may take a full 5 minutes for the energy bar to fill up. which means you need to use your ground mount till the flying mount's energy gets filled (because ground mounts run faster on ground than flying mounts) the mount energy is shared among all flying mounts which means if your Gryphon mount is low on energy...your flying carpet is also low on energy.

this idea also makes the long forgotten ground mounts more useful.
    No, just no. I never want stuck on the ground again. There is a REASON I don't have anymore alts under 60 and its because they are STUCK on the ground. No more dodging and weaving through crap that can daze, and dismount me. No more odd chance of being caught in the open flagged for PVP.

Kill world pvp, kill forced ground mounts. You want to ride on the ground no one is stopping you, but don't drag the rest of us into that hellish situation along with you. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I agree with OP. Everyone should be inconvenienced horribly because of his personal preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Every class is evenly balanced.

I shall say....LETS HAVE A TAX SYSTEM!

For everytime you fly you have to pay 2gold per second in the air :>

Imma be like "Yo brah why aint you flyin?" and he'll be like " I ran outta gold and I didn't like the way they taxed mah felweed bill. Also I spent most of my money on ho'se tax". Then I'll be all "Well pay yo taxes nex' time! I pay mah taxes!" >.>

I've been playing WoW since Vanilla...during Vanilla WoW I'd have to say that places were much more exciting, the quests...the travels...and I personally enjoyed Vanilla zones much more than WOTLK and BC. one of the reasons was because there were no flying mounts, you had to mount up and travel from one place to another... or pay a flight master to get you somewhere. with flying mounts you can just mount up and fly wherever you want. is this sort of ease in travel even needed?

and besides...staying up in the sky 24/7 is just silly. that's why I'm making this suggestion thread.

There should be some sort of "fuel" for flying mounts (like a fatigue/breath system) once your flying mount TAKES OFF from the ground you'll see a (Mount Energy) bar which is simmiliar to breath bar on the center of the screen (or under your player frame) your flying mount can stay up to 10-20 mins in the sky without any need to come down and rest.

once your mount comes down the energy bar starts to fill slowly...it may take a full 5 minutes for the energy bar to fill up. which means you need to use your ground mount till the flying mount's energy gets filled (because ground mounts run faster on ground than flying mounts) the mount energy is shared among all flying mounts which means if your Gryphon mount is low on energy...your flying carpet is also low on energy.

Try to enjoy the fact that you can now see all of Azeroth from the sky. Besides, its not like you can fly from Eastern Plaguelands to Booty Bay in a minute.

At the bold text, how does flying above a zone make you enjoy it less?

this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone else just get a terrible impression of an OP when the thread title has a question mark when a question mark doesn't belong? it makes me imagine them as a dumb girl with big boobs... so i always click the link anyway, am i right men? *nudge nudge*

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooStu View Post
    this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone else just get a terrible impression of an OP when the thread title has a question mark when a question mark doesn't belong? it makes me imagine them as a dumb girl with big boobs... so i always click the link anyway, am i right men? *nudge nudge*
    Sometimes when I see a girl with big boobs she goes into her car and talks on her cellphone. Now I can understand having a cell phone and being in a car but she drivin and that just makes it worse.

I understand where you are coming from but why should Blizz punish us for using flying mounts? Just doesn't make sense. IF they added this to flying mounts they should add it to ground mounts too, I mean it only makes sense. Punish us for using one mount over another? May as well punish us for using any mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    If you want to see more people out in the world you should be complaining about the dungeon finder allowing people to just teleport from their safe city of choice directly into the dungeon. That will put people out there in teh world instead of sitting in cities waiting on their random daily.

1. Random daily dungeon quest should be handed out by npc like it was before.
    2. Cross server queing would be done at the summoning stone or npc next to the dungeon (summoning stone really is better since no one uses it anymore really).

These 2 changes would re-populate the wilderness instead of just taking away flying ability.

Stop complaining because people don't want to play their game your way.
    And that would screw over those really unbalanced realms. Alliance on Mal'Ganis would probably need to spend 1+ more hours on a Heroic Daily with your method because there's more Blood Elves than Alliance there. And those poor Alliance on Cho'gall may not even be able to get their dailies done on some days.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I get the impression that certain mobs in cata will pull you to them and dismount, meaning you can fly high going from A to B but if you're running low to the ground to "skim" a specific mob or mob type, you cannot do so effectively, making flying less OP when questing.

Also by allowing us to fly in many places they may not be removing the ability to enjoy the world, but instead allow us to explore in more than 2 dimensions. If anything being able to explore in 3D makes the world more exciting and explorable and considering that cata will be built around us flying many places, it will be designed around being experienced while flying. Previous expansions have largely been designed around questing on foot. The mystique and adventure people lament for will instead be taking new and even better forms. I'd hope. It's possible at least

Also the game world is different both at ground level and way above. People will experience both. More of the ground as they level and high up as they travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Barirus View Post
    How can i eat and drink at the same time?
    I do this quite often. Place food into mouth, chew a bit, place water in mouth, chew more, win.

Watch professional eaters, they eat and drink at the same time for sure.

bad idea imo. it would just hurt the gameplay.

for the same reason you don't have to feed, wash, and entertain your character, let him sleep, or take him to the toilet.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

For the love of god, no. I don't want to play World of Aioncraft.

I don't think this would be the right way to do it but something should be done about making ground mounts worthless outside battlegrounds. Perhaps weather effects could make flying situationally more annoying and force use of ground mounts instead. (for example flying in a lightning storm nets you a high chance of being struck and kicked off your mount.) Or even something as simple as Dalarans system of flight negation.

I personally believe Blizzard does eventual plan to do something along these lines, otherwise why would they continue to bother introducing new ground mounts (Uldum camels) when no-one will use them?