Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    DrNemesis...i actually find your findings to be a bit skewed.

while yes there are asshats, i find most of the people in LFD tool are capable of being either nice and informative or asshats. it depends on how YOU act also.

If i said "FFS slow down so i can drink" most of the time the person will ignore me or go faster.

If i said "can you please slow down a bit so i can keep up, im running OOM" most of the time the person slows down.

most of the time being more then 50% of course.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pay close attention to when stuff changes (unless its quite obvious). I remember not playing my main(a moonkin) for awhile to lvl a priest and a mage(I also stopped playing for a couple months) and then I switched back to my druid, got into a random dungeon and started to do my usual assist the tank dps, when I realized that the other dps where just aoeing everything down really quick...I even tried to do some CC on my mage a few times on mobs in BC dungeons that used to be CC'd....the realization that they made everything so easy was kinda sad. Took me a bit to re-adjust to the everyone aoe strategy.

Edit: Also, there are so many people that think all you have to do is pull the whole room then aoe everything down. Then they get into some random (mostly happened in BC dungeons), wipe and go, "Wth? how did we die??!!!"...

Thats not to say CC would solve the problem, though it might help. The point being, mindlessness. There is too much of it.
    Last edited by mindfulcorvus; 2010-10-11 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    yes there is a point to do normals! to get the gear so you can do heroics. this is how it was in TBC
    You obviously didn't play BC, you did Kara to get gear to do heroics. You must have started playing after the nerfs.

Crowd Control slows things down considerably.

In the past, tanks had to pull more carefully - so as not to break CC, the CC'ers would go first and the tank would have to intercept the remaining adds that were going after the CC'ers. Wasn't a major problem for most tanks, however, there were some, um.... keyboard turning tanks... that would cause much havok in an otherwise simple dungeon.

In Wrath, the Tank would just AoE Aggro everything in sight. There was no danger or strategy involved. "Herd, Nuke and don't stand in the fire/circles" was the whole strategy in Wrath.

People who want CC to come back are looking for danger, strategy and it makes them feel more skilled when they can pull off CC'ing efectively. It does, to an extent, seperate people based on their skill.

People who don't want CC to be required simply want to be able to blow through dungeons faster.

Also - GEARSCORE will become more irrelevant because it doesn't measure how well someone uses their CC.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    You obviously didn't play BC, you did Kara to get gear to do heroics. You must have started playing after the nerfs.
    see at the time of TBC i didnt know kara was easier then heroics. So i geared up thru heroics (and even got pvp axes cuz they were the best i could get pre kara) before i even applied for a guild)
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    see at the time of TBC i didnt know kara was easier then heroics. So i geared up thru heroics (and even got pvp axes cuz they were the best i could get pre kara) before i even applied for a guild)
    I hate to break it to you, but levelling and gearing guides as we have them now also existed in TBC. I really would have hated to have you in my group. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    People who don't want CC to be required simply want to be able to blow through dungeons faster.
    Or they are a shadow priest / dps warrior / dps shammy / rogue / ret palys /dps DK who don't wanne get kicked out of every group because they don't have any recastable CC?
    But that shouldn't be any problem right? It will be like in TBC: sPriest will be the only mana batterys, warriors will be doing tons of damage aswell as rogues, shammys will go resto, ret palys will wait untill they get a new "before next expansion pac patch" and roll some heads and DK, well, guess they will have to be removed! I do feel my logic fails somewere tho, can you help me pointing it out?

Spoiler:
    Shadow priest is not a mana battery anymore.
    Warriors and rogues do as much damage as everyone else.
    Shammys, well, they should allways be resto tbh :/
    Ret palys, haha, guess they will suck as usuall, go prot durr.
    Dk, why do they even excist? Took blizz a whole expansion before they were not overpowered anymore, and after that they just went really bad...

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Shamans are getting a Banish type spell so thats 2 CC types they now got, 3 if you count the root from the Ele shaman totem.

Priests can MC (i find it amazing how so few priests seem to realise they have that ability.

Pallies can still clutch stun regardless of spec.

Dks can still CoH...amazing again how so few know about it (unless it's for pvp).
    Acctually had no Idea about that shamym spell, sounds neat, should solve a few things for them

MCing is rather unwanted as you trade one of your party member for one mob, which is a quick unfair change if you ask me.

Palys can use repedence (spelling?) on a mob every, what? 45/60s? Funny when that shit randomly breaks. Stuns does not count as a CC, sorry mate.

I looked through the whole spellbook and both forst and unholy trees for DKs as I thought there was a spell I had forgoten, but sorry, couldn't find anything matching "CoH" so I guess you are refering to Hungering Cold? :S If you do, it is a short duration, long cooldown, AoE "CC", great for the pull perhaps but quite usless otherwise.

Death knight - If frost, hungering cold. If not, no CC.
    just no

I really want to see CC again for only 1 reason... you get to use all or almost all of the game mechanics out there, rather than treat every single Heroic like it's a Deadmines run. I get tired of using the same AOE spells when I'd like to Fear that mob or Sheep that caster in the back, Sap the hard hitter, Disarm, Freeze, kite, anything besides the same boring facerolling the keyboard trying to punch out big yellow numbers.

But in PvP, it just needs to be balanced that's all. In Wrath, they made the mistake of it being possible to 1-shot someone else's character, and if not, kill them within 2 seconds. That's where the Paladin's 6 second stun felt like 30 seconds, and a DK's silence.