Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arrow Why become Realm 1st! 85?

If you want to try to become Realm 1st! 85 can you tell the rest of us why?
    Because I, personally think that is a one unhealthy step to take as you obviously take the game way too serious to just play 24\7 to get a stamp on postcard so to speak of.

I hardly think anyone beside those that think of this game as their life will admire you for getting Realm 1st! 85.
    So it's safe to say I guess that those who get this achievement think World of Warcraft is their life, that's bit sad achievement to get. My opinion.
    Are you looking for a guild with social, friendly, mature and casual (non hardcore or elitist people) have a look under here:
    [A] Al Quebaba

cuz its awesome to have the achievement? enough reason for me.

And wow is their life? I take a break from real life for a while to try to get the achiev. When someone beats me to it or if i get it, i just go back to my normal life.

Well, i would like the achievement, and i probably going to geek Cataclysm asap, but i ain't planning on going later to bed and go early up to game, i just dedicate my free time more on it, so i can get my gear to raid fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonBarber View Post
    Because I, personally think that is a one unhealthy step to take as you obviously take the game way too serious to just play 24\7 to get a stamp on postcard so to speak of.

I hardly think anyone beside those that think of this game as their life will admire you for getting Realm 1st! 85.
    So it's safe to say I guess that those who get this achievement think World of Warcraft is their life, that's bit sad achievement to get. My opinion.

you are just bitching cause you know you cant become a realm first anything.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

no matter how slow everyone plays the expansion? someome will always be first.

Personaly I'm going to lvl up slowly and enjoy the game. But I wont accuse those who want to hit lvl 85 before me of having no life. Maybe they decided to take a vacation from work and this is how they enjoy spending their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rushing through what might just be the best questing experience, past all the great lore, past so many rewarding side-quests, guzzling down Red Bull faster than your hotpockets! ALL FOR WHAT?! Realm FIR-- Nobody cares.

Deleted
    People enjoy challenges. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    People enjoy challenges. That's about it.
    How is it a challange by staying up all night, playing from the toilet as you have a food storage/drink storage next to your toilet seat as you play 24\7, eat, drink, piss, shit at the same place.
    How is that a challange? Anyone can do that, just rather sad or pathetic. You pick.

Alright, if you play normally and you get the achievements *applauds for you*

But those who sit down and plan like a military strategic plan to get that achievement, how they will CHANGE their life, real life for a game...... How they will stop going to work and take time off... for a achievement, not a game really... And ignoring everyone in their real life. Like... Seriously...

That strike me as shocking.
    Last edited by DemonBarber; 2010-10-09 at 12:07 PM.
    Are you looking for a guild with social, friendly, mature and casual (non hardcore or elitist people) have a look under here:
    [A] Al Quebaba

to in one point in the game trying to achieve something little can actually achieve, doesnt mean you dont have no life really.

If a guy/girl sacrifises 2? days to get this, and then get back to normal fun life and gaming hows that wrong? useless thread. srlysly.

Deleted
    How is it a challange by staying up all night, playing from the toilet as you have a food storage/drink storage next to your toilet seat as you play 24\7, eat, drink, piss, shit at the same place.
    How is that a challange? Anyone can do that, just rather sad or pathetic. You pick.
    It is a challenge when 5+ different people are doing it at the same time. Sure, anyone can run to the store and pick up the last carton of milk but when there are competitors, shit gets more annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    cuz you can get a lot of chicks if you have it

Being one of the first to the level cap is the most fun you will have in an expansion
    The vast majority of people who are level capped will be decent players and it allows you to quickly and easily find people at your skill level and wow play time level to enjoy the game with, this is where 50% of my WoW friends have come from, and a lot of old guildies
    Realm first can be a little sad, specially if its within the same day the expansion is released in which case its generally gone down to who recieved their expansion the day before and who doesn't need to sleep

I was 80 on 19/11 for example, that wasn't super fast but it was fast enough for everyone at 80 to still be good players, and this was an easy way to make good friends with the guys on the server, which means I now have ~5 friends in every decent raiding guild on my server, thats a huge advantage when it comes down to your later WoW life
    Last edited by Xs; 2010-10-09 at 12:11 PM.

Well I made it to first level 80 Dreanei (missed server first 80 by a couple of hours and was server 3rd) in WotLK and i'll be aiming to get the same character to first level 85 Troll in Cataclysm. It's a nice achievement to have in my opinion and it's one that no one else on your server will have apart from you (excluding paid server change ofc) in a game where everyone is the same, same class, same gear, same achievements it's noce to have a small piece of individuality.

In all fairness I took the weekend out of Real Life to get the achievement in WotLK, yet I didn't play 24/7, I played through the night till around 6am then went to sleep, waking up around 10:30 had breakfast and then got to it again. So basically I'd just altered my normal weekend sleeping pattern by a couple of hours. I achieved what I wanted to by 6pm on Sunday and then went to bed.

Do I take the game to seriously? No not at all. This achievement is probably my only "Hard Core" (if you want to call it that) achievement and I probably only spend around 6-8 hours per week playing WoW. Warcraft is not my life, it's just something that I play on the nights of the week where I don't have anything else to do.

I'll be going for realm first. But thats because I'm a college student with plenty of free time and I enjoy the "race" and see it as a fun challenge. And it will only take about a day to do, so its not like I have to sink an entire week into it.

Deleted
    Why do people compete in competitions?
    What reason is there to race in any form?
    As previously said, its a competition, who can get there 1st.
    People enjoy being 1st, some people enjoy the game and want to be 1st.
    At the end of the day, people want to do things, so they will try, im sure there are things that people do that others will disagree with. You can question it all you want, but there will always be people who disagree with you opinion. Best thing to do is let them do it.

It actually would be a challenge.

Just because you "tried" to get realm first, doesnt mean youll be able to do it.

Different people will have different efficiencies, xp/hr, than hours, and different "optimal" methods of getting there. For each realm, theres probably at least 100 people trying for realm first, so between that small portion of the warcraft society, it is a competition, and an interesting one at that. Who will come first? The guy questing 100%? the guy in a 5man guild group instancing all the way to 85? The guy spamming BGs for the wins + xp gain? Or the guy doing a combination?

Do you remember any of the realm firsts for WotLK? I don't. So meh, I won't bother. I"ll be playing quite a bit, but I'm in no way going to try for it.

Also I'm sure they have multiple people helping them out. I don't think 1 person can do it alone and actually compete.

Deleted

Alright, if you play normally and you get the achievements *applauds for you*

But those who sit down and plan like a military strategic plan to get that achievement, how they will CHANGE their life, real life for a game...... How they will stop going to work and take time off... for a achievement, not a game really... And ignoring everyone in their real life. Like... Seriously...

That strike me as shocking.
    Obvious troll is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    Rushing through what might just be the best questing experience, past all the great lore, past so many rewarding side-quests, guzzling down Red Bull faster than your hotpockets! ALL FOR WHAT?! Realm FIR-- Nobody cares.
    Yes because after having one 85 there is NO WAY to have another is there

Deleted
    Some people like to set goals in the things that they do, even if it's just a game I would still like to play some aspects to perfection.