Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

release of raids???

I´m wounder what raids there will be up at on launch day of Cata and when the rest will follow up...

Anyone who have any answers on that??

Deleted
    In my opinion, None

Why you want raids from day one?
    You can't run them at least for a month or two.
    Last edited by mmoc8d2dfa350a; 2010-10-09 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    None
    wrong, they are releasing 3x raids with the release of cata playable @ launch, get your facts straight before you give out missinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes... raids will be released on day 1.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Every raid will be available, so expect that top guilds have killed Deathwing about 2 weeks after the launch and then we need to prepare for next expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    wrong, they are releasing 3x raids with the release of cata playable @ launch, get your facts straight before you give out missinformation
    Please tell me what raids they are releasing.

With source, please.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This took me a long time to find this out for you! I cliked on Forums > Cataclysm > Raids and one of the sticky topics was Cataclysm Dungeons and Raids.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Compilation

Super hard to find but i managed it!
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

There will be 4 raids available on, or very quickly after, release:
    Blackwing Decent (in Blackrock Mountian)
    Bastion of Twilight (near Grim Batol in Twilight Highlands)
    Throne of the Four Winds (elemental plane of air, entrance in Uldum)
    Baradin Hold (VoA-style raid in Tol Barad).

As for later on, we've had Firelands and Cot:War of the Ancients pretty much confirmed to be part of patched content. In addition Deathwing will appear in an unnamed raid likely in the final content patch of Cataclysm.

Because Blizzard is planning on releasing multiple, smaller, raids simultaneously, it's difficult to speculate on when exactly any future raids will be released. However I think the Fireland raid is a good bet for 4.1, and I wouldn't expect the Cot:War of the Ancients any later then 4.2.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Please tell me what raids they are releasing.

With source, please.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/faq/

How many dungeons and raids will be available when the expansion launches? Will Cataclysm keep the same 10-player and 25-player raiding structure?
    There will be eight new 5-player dungeons, available in both regular and Heroic modes. In addition, we are planning level-85 Heroic versions of two of the game’s popular original 5-player dungeons, Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep.

Regarding raids, we plan to continue to offer 10- and 25-player versions of our raid dungeons. We’re currently working on four raid dungeons for Cataclysm’s launch, and each will have optional, more challenging versions available for both 10- and 25-player raids. We received a lot of feedback from the community about the amount and difficulty level of raid content available at the launch of Wrath of the Lich King, and we wanted to make sure that more high-level content was available to players of every skill level at Cataclysm’s launch.
    and im pretty sure you can google a blue response confirming this

also: http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Cataclysm

Cataclysm will ship with three end-game raid dungeons and a PvP-unlocked raid dungeon (in the same style as the Vault of Archavon), each with both 10 and 25-man settings. Once the final boss of each has been defeated, players can set each boss to heroic mode (as in Icecrown Citadel).

Blackwing Descent, [25, 23] a raid inspired by Blackwing Lair featuring the return of Nefarian, Deathwing's son and the end boss of the earlier raid, located in Blackrock Mountain, accessible only by flight via Nefarian's ledge high up on the mountain.

Bastion of Twilight, [34, 78] a raid instance in the Twilight Highlands atop the Twilight Citadel; players will fight Cho'gall, leader of the Twilight's Hammer, as well as Lady Sinestra (who appears in heroic mode only).

Throne of the Four Winds, [38, 81] a raid instance in the Skywall, the portal of which appears above Uldum; it features Al'Akir the Wind God of the Elemental Plane of Air as final boss.
    and that's not counting the "voa" of cataclysm, which will be Baradin Hold, released @ start of cata aswell
    Last edited by Dannz; 2010-10-09 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post
    This took me a long time to find this out for you! I cliked on Forums > Cataclysm > Raids and one of the sticky topics was Cataclysm Dungeons and Raids.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Compilation

Super hard to find but i managed it!
    Blue source please.
    Source that raids will be available from day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue source please.
    Its people like you, who best be trollin'.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blue source please.

Even on the offical site but anything that involves effort is difficult.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post

Even on the offical site but anything that involves effort is difficult.
    I don't see nothing there that say "Raids will be available from day one"

Blue source please.
    stop being stupid, you've gotten multiple "confirms" here, if you're still an unbeliever and not a troll, go google it yourself, it's not hard, and im pretty sure the official cataclysm site, and wowwiki are not wrong

and the fact they are testing cataclysm raids soon in the beta should provide you even more proof of things being shipped with the game

and FYI, not everyone takes +1 month to level to lvl 85 and start raiding, there are more hardcore ppl in this game then that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Every raid will be available, so expect that top guilds have killed Deathwing about 2 weeks after the launch and then we need to prepare for next expansion
    Remember ICC?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see nothing there that say "Raids will be available from day one"
    Then you are an idiot.

We’re currently working on four raid dungeons for Cataclysm’s launch

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blue source please.
    You bolded that statement? Nice one bro.

Now go back to the thread and read the bit that says that it is finished and not available for testing which is a release on Cata.

Now read a bit further down and see the ones that says unfinished and will not be availabe on release I thought they would be a hint.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Deleted
    They shipped wrath with Naxx,sartharion and malygos.

They shipped tbc with kara, gruul and magtheridon.

There going to ship cata with Blackwing descent, Bastion of twilight and Throne of the four winds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    They shipped wrath with Naxx,sartharion and malygos.

They shipped tbc with kara, gruul and magtheridon.

There going to ship cata with Blackwing descent, Bastion of twilight and Throne of the four winds
    and Tol Barad.

TBC: raids from day one
    WoTLK: raids from day one
    Cata: OMG we're not going to release any raids!!!one!!!eleven!!!!fourteen

Seriously the first tier of raiding will be available from day one, as it always has. And it won't take a month for them to be cleared, some top-end (to not use any derogatory terms) guild will clear them all in a week or two.