Toshiba GT 420M 1Gig for $900 good?

Ok so i made a post about a Radeon 3200 laptop that i thought was badass for $450 but now my friends i've stumbled upon this cool shit. http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ptop-Computer/

Do you all think this is a good investment to at least play Cataclysm on medium settings with no shadows? I'm going to buy it since it's better than that hd 3200 shit and only costs twice as much. I"ll get it in about a month. Please leave some feedback on this laptop, if it's almost as good as a Qosmio and whatnot. Thanks.

For $899 -taxes I get the following:
    * High-performance Intel Core i7 processor. Offers extra power to handle today's complex software. Great for multi-tasking, too.
    * Extra-large 4GB memory lets you run your most demanding programs.
    * 500GB hard drive holds thousands of songs, photos and documents.
    * Advanced graphics processor. The nVidia GeForce GT 420M graphics processor features 1GB of dedicated memory.
    * Wireless-N for high-performance, cable-free networking. Lets you access wireless networks to share files, surf the Web and exchange email. Can provide improved range and speed within a Wireless-N (802.11n) network, and is also compatible with 802.11b/g networks. Wired networking is supported, too.
    * 16" diagonal LED-backlit TruBrite® display. LED backlighting permits a thinner and more energy-efficient screen.
    * Plays and burns CDs and DVDs. Plus, built-in Labelflash® technology lets you create and burn your own labels right onto discs (Labelflash media is required, sold separately).
    * Memory card reader for fast, easy photo transfers. Transfer your digital photos, music and other files from 8 types of memory cards.
    * HDMI port lets you view videos and photos on your HDTV. (HDMI cable sold separately.)
    * Built-in webcam and microphone let you keep in touch with others via video and voice messaging.
    * Face recognition software, for hassle-free logins. Securely access your computer and accounts without typing passwords.
    * LED-backlit keyboard lets you type in low light. Keyboard's integrated numeric keypad speeds data entry and calculations.
    * Provides up to 3.15 hours of battery life on a single charge.
    * Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The newest version of Windows makes everyday tasks simple.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 10:41 AM ----------

This is a link I found on the GTX 460 vs GT 420M I don't think it's that bad of a computer.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/fer...x11,11227.html

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 10:44 AM ----------

Also BTW i'm buying it at my local Office Depot, I do not order anything online for that much $$$

You can probably raid with that on full details with shadows halfway down. It's totally play-able laptop.

Only problem with it is that 1366x768 is really low resolution for serious work, but passable for laptop. External monitor would benefit it greatly, and that laptop should have enough power to run even 1920x1080 sized WoW without too many problems, with most settings on high.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Hmm Vesseblah so would the picture look really disoriented/distorted then compared to the 1920x1080 size frame? Will the 16:9 still hold a good picture? I only ask because I don't know and haven't played wow for 6 months so I have no idea of what options I have for the resolution or window size on the menu. I just don't want a weird distorted view of the Wow world when I'm playing, saving up money now and will buy this baby in 1 month, maybe i'll even get it on sale during november for less than the $899 price it is right now.

It's not distorted, but just more... hmm.. blocky. If you're using 1920x1080 in windows now, turn it down to 1280x720 just for testing. That's the difference it makes. Games and Windows can run at 16:9 or 16:10 or 4:3 or any screen aspect ratio just fine without any distortions, that's not going to be a problem as long as you set both windows desktop and the game into the monitor's native resolution and aspect ratio. Current LCD monitors can set it for you automagically in windows, you just need to set the game to match it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

hmm so vesseblah is it still worth buying? I mean I don't have a laptop at all and can't find one that has the same performance for a price lower than this one. I just want to make sure I make a good investment, it's 1366x768 for the laptop, i only have 1200x768 option and my monitor is like 5 years old and it's square so the 1200x768 setting on it looks retardedly distorted. If i had a 16:9 maybe i'd see the difference. Thanks for whatever feedback you can bring. I just don't want to play my games looking like a square.

800x600 is low res square example.

Considering the price that laptop is pretty good, and you can play WoW on it for sure. It's not perfect, but it's usable.
    Trolling should be.

It's 10 times better than the other laptops you have been looking at. Price seems pretty decent and the native resolution isn't terrible for a laptop at all. You can always go to Office depot and see the resolution before you buy it.

Sorry guys i already made a new topic post a few days ago <Toshiba GT 420M 1Gig for $900 good? >

I already made up my mind I will not be buying this laptop at all(hd3200). Thanks for all the help.