Graphics in CATA

hey so i am currently running wow on ultra.. cept view distance cause i dont think its needed, anyways i get about 25-30 fps in dal on ultra,i feel like my comp can just handle it, still get a little lag in wg, and im just wondering if cata is much more graphics demanding? i dont know if the way i asked this makes sense. but i just want to know if i could most likely run cata on ultra as well...

PC specs- ati quadcore, nvidia geForce 8400 gs

thanks
    MY youtube channel Youtube.com/FrostynugsPVP

All indications seem to be that Cataclysm is not significantly more demanding on graphics than Wrath.

Your video card is still decent but I'd reccommend upgrading that. You definatly do not need to but for smoother game play an upgrade would do wonders for you.

be more specific, ati doesnt make quad cores and geforce 8400gs i highly doubt will run it well enough

edit: i just bought me a hd 5850 and i set the setting to ultra on the ptr which are cata graphics and i was in the 18 fps range that card wont be able to do it
    Last edited by Azul; 2010-10-09 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think the Cata beta runs smoother on my PC than Live. Then again, it may have to do with me playing Live in windowed mode.

heres my full specs. and also i was told that i should have bought an ATI video card because i have an ATI processor?? also my original video card is a ATI intigrated x/ lol.

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.0.6001 (Service Pack 1)
    CPU TYPE:
    AMD Phenom(tm) 9150e Quad-Core Processor
    CPU SPEED (GHZ):
    SYSTEM MEMORY (GB):
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    nvd3dum.dll
    DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1366x768
    HARD DISK SIZE (GB):
    HARD DISK FREE SPACE (GB):

yea thats not bad should run it fine, just need to upgrade that vid card if you can

its not an ati processor, amd bought ati, its the same company still 2 brands amd and ati, but either way it depends on what you want can go both ways nvidia or ati no problem
    Last edited by Azul; 2010-10-09 at 04:30 PM.

view distance is my favorite thing how do you not like it...... i guess play the whole game with all graphics on low then say you dont like view distance but i think you will be fine maybe if you get random lag just take one thing off that doesnt matter worth shit..... except view distance
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Or just turn shadows to minimum, no need for trees and houses to have shadows that'll improve your fps a lot.

I have about same specs as you have and I have 102fps in Dalaran atm and 70-90 in Stormwind, outside Stormwind 105-120fps. Everything else but Shadows is on ultra, even view distance and water detail^^

Quote Originally Posted by xrobar View Post
    view distance is my favorite thing how do you not like it...... i guess play the whole game with all graphics on low then say you dont like view distance but i think you will be fine maybe if you get random lag just take one thing off that doesnt matter worth shit..... except view distance
    i only lag when view is on full... lol and dont really need to see full in arena and bg's.. and dal. lol but yea i still have it on 3/4 witch is fine

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmnia View Post
    Or just turn shadows to minimum, no need for trees and houses to have shadows that'll improve your fps a lot.

I have about same specs as you have and I have 102fps in Dalaran atm and 70-90 in Stormwind, outside Stormwind 105-120fps. Everything else but Shadows is on ultra, even view distance and water detail^^
    thats nice fps.. maybe ill turn my shadows down.. hah

must be using xfire or sli, i cant even get that on low setting with a 5850, could be cause my cpu though

I had to download an online upgrade for my graphic card in order to be able to have higher water settings on beta, but I didn't have to change card or pay anything so, meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I'm running Dual GTX 460's with SLI and I only get like 70-80 FPS in Dalaran with multi-sampling at 8x and everything else at ultra.

Dalaran just sucks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.