Assassination the new leveling spec?

I saw a video that went over the new talents for the rogue and apparently you can kill one mob after another and it will refresh recuperate and slice n dice, which will eliminate downtime. Seems like rogues won't be leveling as combat anymore.
    (I would mention that assassination damage is a lot higher at the moment but beta is beta)

No link to video. Just search tgn rogue on YouTube.

Leveling as Sub is also ridiculously fast as well.

Assassination and Sub are both infinitely better levelling specs than they are on live. Alot of that is due to the fact that you get a useful skill at 10 instead of just a point. That's not to say Combat sucks because BF on a 30sec cd is pretty awesome for cleaving quest mobs but I'd much rather take a bunch of quests and drop them one by one with virtually no downtime.

How was sub buffed as a leveling spec? Would seem slower if backstab is your major damage dealer

Combat can get the same thing since it's in the first tier of the assassination tree. Currently assassination is better for leveling because it's dps is better than combat's - going by beta's numbers.

I think that on release a person could just as easily choose combat over assassination for leveling. With both of them picking up that talent.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    How was sub buffed as a leveling spec? Would seem slower if backstab is your major damage dealer
    Mutilate is the top damage dealer...

Quote Originally Posted by Ishara View Post
    Combat can get the same thing since it's in the first tier of the assassination tree. Currently assassination is better for leveling because it's dps is better than combat's - going by beta's numbers.

I think that on release a person could just as easily choose combat over assassination for leveling. With both of them picking up that talent.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 04:34 PM ----------

Mutilate is the top damage dealer...
    I was talking about live. So mutilate is just a trained ability? Sounds awesome

This is okay with me, as my rogue is Assassination at the moment anyways. Don't get me wrong, I love combat (Combat since '04!) but i've recently really liked the feel of assassination. I only switch over to combat for ICC 'cause of the 30% buff scaling better with the bursty combat c/d's.

I saw a video that went over the new talents for the rogue and apparently you can kill one mob after another and it will refresh recuperate and slice n dice, which will eliminate downtime.
    Assassination rogues on live right now don't have to refresh SnD. Envenom refreshes it's c/d to it's 5pt duration. I didn't level as assassination (like I said, combat since '04 baby!) but it's not like my SnD falls off when we're pulling lots of mobs in heroics/raids, so i don't imagine questing to be any different, considering the fact that I won't 2 shot mobs like when I do dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleshgrind View Post
    This is okay with me, as my rogue is Assassination at the moment anyways. Don't get me wrong, I love combat (Combat since '04!) but i've recently really liked the feel of assassination. I only switch over to combat for ICC 'cause of the 30% buff scaling better with the bursty combat c/d's.

Assassination rogues on live right now don't have to refresh SnD. Envenom refreshes it's c/d to it's 5pt duration. I didn't level as assassination (like I said, combat since '04 baby!) but it's not like my SnD falls off when we're pulling lots of mobs in heroics/raids, so i don't imagine questing to be any different, considering the fact that I won't 2 shot mobs like when I do dailies.
    Yea I know that what I'm saying is it adds to the quick leveling of assassination. It's also a lot less tedious as live assassination (no HfB crap) I actually quit assassination for combat because of the ramp up time of assassination. But I LOVE it for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Fleshgrind View Post

/facepalm... he said "LEVELING SPEC" not "I DO RAIDS AND DUNGEONS SPEC."

The tier one talent in ass. refreshes your recuperate and SND after killing a target that rewards XP or Honor

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed around levels 40ish, Combat is annoyingly fast...almost like a Fury Warrior pre-wotlk just wander into battle and cleave faces, not even using stealth. That's at least how I used to run. Now in the BC levels I have duel spec sub/mut and I have to say assassination really shines post-60ish when you finally get mut and all sorts of other abilities instead of just relying on bleed duration and such. Is combat still fast at 60+ or just stick with assassination until late 70s and 80? (dunno if I want to respec one of my dual specs for Combat)

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    /facepalm... he said "LEVELING SPEC"
    I said

so i don't imagine questing to be any different
    don't imagine questing to be
    questing

Shadowstep being available at level 10 kinda helps. Shadowstep, Ambush, mob is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark View Post
    I've noticed around levels 40ish, Combat is annoyingly fast...almost like a Fury Warrior pre-wotlk just wander into battle and cleave faces, not even using stealth. That's at least how I used to run. Now in the BC levels I have duel spec sub/mut and I have to say assassination really shines post-60ish when you finally get mut and all sorts of other abilities instead of just relying on bleed duration and such. Is combat still fast at 60+ or just stick with assassination until late 70s and 80? (dunno if I want to respec one of my dual specs for Combat)
    You get mutilate as your level 10 ability as a assassination rogue I believe. Imo assassination will be better up until you are level 74 just because you'll always have heals going with the assassination talent. You won't be able to spec into it until you ding 72 I think. I'd rather have no downtime than cleaving

10+ Year Old Account
    You get mutilate as your level 10 ability as a assassination rogue I believe. Imo assassination will be better up until you are level 74 just because you'll always have heals going with the assassination talent. You won't be able to spec into it until you ding 72 I think. I'd rather have no downtime than cleaving
    This man wins my 1000 internetz for a day, cheers :P