Poll: What Spec will be hardest to find in Cataclysm?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    2) Default course of action is to blame the healer. Doubly so when the DPS did something stupid and the healer couldn't keep them up through it. This is going to be rather prevalent as the WoW community as a whole learns to suck less. Healers are going to get sick of it, and play DPS so that they don't have to deal with that bullcrap.
    I don't find this to be the case. When stuff happens and people die, most people blame me (as the tank) for not keeping them from getting hit, unless it happened because I died, and then it's the healer's fault (usually). It's never the DPS's fault for being idiots.

Ahhh, I welcome Cataclysm heroics.

---------- Post added 2010-10-09 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Because every part of the game has been altered so that you'll have to think more. Healing is getting a little harder, tanking is getting a little harder (although removal of Defense is going to make more tanks pop up) and DPS will need to start using their brains instead of a post-it that lists their maximization rotation.
    This is something else I appreciate, the bit where DPS have to do more than mash a macro that's just a /cast list of their spells in order of priority. When I see people doing this, it irritates me so much because they'd rather just follow the leader than figure things out on their own. Such general laziness is terribly annoying.

I wholeheartedly support most of the changes to DPS rotations. Retribution in particular feels really interesting, though it can be a little jarring until you get accustom to it. Enhancement, on the other hand, is disappointing. That boils down to proc watching, which isn't all that interesting in itself, and pretty annoying since you're watching it on two spots (your buffs and your target's debuffs). Once you have that down, it's SS on cooldown, LB on Maelstrom, and refresh your totems. You don't even have to watch the Searing Flames debuff after the first go, as the long LL cooldown basically ensures that it will always be at 5 stacks.

So, basically, it's easier, and you do even better damage.

/shaman fume

P.S. Though, I'm not going to complain about 15k+ Lava Lash crits at L80.
    Last edited by Emaluri; 2010-10-09 at 11:43 PM.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    I don't find this to be the case. When stuff happens and people die, most people blame me (as the tank) for not keeping them from getting hit, unless it happened because I died, and then it's the healer's fault (usually). It's never the DPS's fault for being idiots.

Ahhh, I welcome Cataclysm heroics.
    Last week I was in a GDKP where 3 of our healers were pulling 11.5K HPS each (two pallies and a shaman at >11K, the disc priest was at about 10K if you include absorbs and the tree was lagging at like 7K) and the raid leader had the nerve to blame healers.
    We actually wiped because DPS weren't moving for Pact of the Darkfallen and people were stacking on top of each other for Bloodbolt Whirl. And then we had an MC.
    4 attempts later, same DPS failures, same blaming the healers. Fortunately, the RL wasn't completely stupid and decided to call it.
    It's stuff like that which makes it really frustrating to play a healer sometimes. I'm a pally. Doing 11.5K HPS without Judgement of Light is really not particularly easy (at least not without going OOM in about 20 seconds). I'm doing the best I can, don't blame me for your DPS' lack of basic understanding.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2010-10-09 at 11:47 PM.

Last week I was in a GDKP where 3 of our healers were pulling 11.5K HPS each (two pallies and a shaman at >11K, the disc priest was at about 10K if you include absorbs and the tree was lagging at like 7K) and the raid leader had the nerve to blame healers.
    We actually wiped because DPS weren't moving for Pact of the Darkfallen and people were stacking on top of each other for Bloodbolt Whirl. And then we had an MC.
    4 attempts later, same DPS failures, same blaming the healers. Fortunately, the RL wasn't completely stupid and decided to call it.
    It's stuff like that which makes it really frustrating to play a healer sometimes. I'm a pally. Doing 11.5K HPS without Judgement of Light is really not particularly easy (at least not without going OOM in about 20 seconds). I'm doing the best I can, don't blame me for your DPS' lack of basic understanding.
    I agree entirely with your points, and sympathize (as I used to be a holy pally myself. I stopped because of the very issues you're talking about). Between the freedom of DPS and the inherent leadership benefits of being the tank, they're both tolerable, but healing is such a thankless job unless you're pocket healing for a tank friend, I marvel to see good healers that aren't douchebags.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

i'm looking forward to this healing 'nerf'.... might actually press something more than nourish in a heroic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    I agree entirely with your points, and sympathize (as I used to be a holy pally myself. I stopped because of the very issues you're talking about). Between the freedom of DPS and the inherent leadership benefits of being the tank, they're both tolerable, but healing is such a thankless job unless you're pocket healing for a tank friend, I marvel to see good healers that aren't douchebags.
    I have 1 healer, 1 tank and 1 DPS that are all ICC geared. I have the most fun on my DPS, most of the time, because compared to tanking or healing DPS feels very zen and stress-free (unless you're tranq bitch on LK lol). It is interesting to direct the pulls as a tank and be the one to hold the boss's attention, but overall my home is healing. It is what I enjoy the most. I like green bars and numbers

Overall though, you're right. I think healers are underappreciated. I should bake us all cookies

Healers and Tanks are just whiners.

Anyone can do their job, the only reason most don't is because it's boring playing such a simple role.

I reached Stonecore today, and been in 4 separate groups. In first 2, I dpsed, and had around 10 wipes on the last boss. Either tank was dying, or I was overaggroing and then the group wiped because of lack of dps. Next 2 groups, I healed in, and we 1 shotted the last boss. I didn't even have proper healing gear, was mostly ele/pvp resto.
    Nuff said, healing is pretty hard now, and I actually love it now. We actually have to manage mana even in normals if the group is not really good, and can't just spam 1 spell all the time. It's just great, I think there will be MORE healers than there is now, while there will be less tanks, since tanking really is challenging now. I was overaggroing many different tanks as ENH shaman, and I really don't think it's because enh is that good, but that tanks do way less aggro now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    I reached Stonecore today, and been in 4 separate groups. In first 2, I dpsed, and had around 10 wipes on the last boss. Either tank was dying, or I was overaggroing and then the group wiped because of lack of dps. Next 2 groups, I healed in, and we 1 shotted the last boss. I didn't even have proper healing gear, was mostly ele/pvp resto.
    Nuff said, healing is pretty hard now, and I actually love it now. We actually have to manage mana even in normals if the group is not really good, and can't just spam 1 spell all the time. It's just great, I think there will be MORE healers than there is now, while there will be less tanks, since tanking really is challenging now. I was overaggroing many different tanks as ENH shaman, and I really don't think it's because enh is that good, but that tanks do way less aggro now.
    Yeah, Blizzard's been tweaking with the threat modifiers a lot. Consider also a lot of passive -threat has been removed from DPS classes, and that a lot of tank mechanics have changed. It's probably just a tweaking issue that will work itself out over the next few patches.

On a side note, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed healing so much Welcome to the healing club!

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like you need a new raid group... My group isn't overly skilled, but we doll out criticism where it is truly needed. If I screw up as a tank, our RL, my MT, will be the first to point it out to me so that I shape up. :P

OT, healers. Healing looks mega hard in Cata. I still think tanks will be in a shortage for heroics, but for raids, I think healers will be harder to find.

---------- Post added 2010-10-10 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    Healers and Tanks are just whiners.

Anyone can do their job, the only reason most don't is because it's boring playing such a simple role.
    Says the dps... Quit trolling.