Are they still bringing back Vanilla PVP Titles?

I really loved the fact I had a PVP title from vanilla. People would see it and go "Dayum, you've been here a while."

Couldn't they just make new titles and let those of us who have been around for many years keep them? I always saw it as like having the ZG bear mount type of Feat of Strength reward for being a long time player.

I was kind of sad to see they are letting new people acquire them.

another one of these threads. no one cares about your epeen or your strive to be admired by others in the game.

yes they are bringing the titles back, the exact same titles. find a new way to 'show-off'

pro-tip: its just a game, have fun and enjoy it, dont worry about what others thing

Well, they could make new ones, but they shouldn't. No one really cares that you have a PVP title from vanilla anyway.

I was really happy to see they are letting new people acquire them.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea u been here awhile "ZG bear mount" /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Omgnumbers View Post
    lol epic fail

10+ Year Old Account
    i have one from vanilla...do i care they are bringing them back? no...should they bring them back? yes...the pvp system back then was so archaic anyway. i was reading up on it the other day actually and it was just complete nonsense how it worked...you had to essentially PvP non stop to get anywhere or you lost your rank...it worked kinda like the current arena system but on steroids

Quote Originally Posted by Omgnumbers View Post

You got it in ZA, fool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless Dreams View Post
    I really loved the fact I had a PVP title from vanilla. People would see it and go "Dayum, you've been here a while."

Couldn't they just make new titles and let those of us who have been around for many years keep them? I always saw it as like having the ZG bear mount type of Feat of Strength reward for being a long time player.

I was kind of sad to see they are letting new people acquire them.
    There are plenty of other things to show you're a long time player... like knowledge, insight into the game, memories, skill, ect. A word next to your name is pretty minuscule in comparison.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Wow the trolling here is epic. lol.

Yeah, I sometimes mix up ZG and ZA, no reason to go for the juggler. I haven't played in a few months and came back asking a question.

It was nothing about having an E-Peen, it was just nice to have something semi-unique. Isn't the reason a lot of why people go and hunt down those raiding titles and such before they remove the ability to get them?

It's a not a huge deal, I am just a bit sad that they are bringing devaluing something that I have taken a small amount of pride in pride in for such a long time. It was kind of like my small way off saying "I was there."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest ladies and gents.. i ve been playing 5 years now..
    My respect goes to the players that have "Hand of adal" title, cause if u played and cleared Black Temple when The Burning Crusade was at its glory, then u will know how hard was to get the title and clear the instance.
    "Kingslayer" achievement is the same aswell.. i mean how hard is to kill me.. Repsect to the ones with the "Bane of the Lich King" achievement though.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    i have one from vanilla...do i care they are bringing them back? no...should they bring them back? yes...the pvp system back then was so archaic anyway. i was reading up on it the other day actually and it was just complete nonsense how it worked...you had to essentially PvP non stop to get anywhere or you lost your rank...it worked kinda like the current arena system but on steroids
    That was so bad. Had to pvp quite a bit to even get an officer rank. And get entrance into the elite "Hall of Legends"

OT: I'm happy there bringing them back, because the only reason they took them out in the first place is because they were attached to a really bad system. And with the retuned Horde Vs alliance war, it seems only right to bring them back now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    There are plenty of other things to show you're a long time player... like knowledge, insight into the game, memories, skill, ect. A word next to your name is pretty minuscule in comparison.
    QFT, and I'd do it time and time again.

Do I have a Bane of the Fallen King or Light of Dawn? No. Do I have a fancy pvp title? No.

Do people STILL come to me asking for class advice and then being selected to join elite pugs seeing as I've quit raiding? Yes they do.

Makes no difference whether I have my Starcaller title on or not - you get your reputation for being good by getting your face out there and being awesome, not by having a measly title.

I've met some Field Marshals who are completely clueless as they blundered their way around back then, but have no clue as to what they are doing now.

Im considered one of the best tanks on my server not because of my title, but because I perform in raids and help teach others. If you feel that others judge your skill and abilities on your title, then maybe its time for a reality check - you aren't as good as you think you are.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.