Will Archeology be available in 4.03?

Or will we have to wait till Cataclysm launches to use it? If I recall correctly Jewelcrafting wasn't accessible until you purchased TBC, but Inscription was accessible when 3.0 came out. So that is why I am curious! :P Thanks!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

You're going to need to wait until cataclysm is released to do this, unfortunately.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard hasn't confirmed this yet. I'd hope it would be available, since it would be retarded to level it to high level (So you could get those archaeology epics) while focusing on heroic farming.

I was curious as well, I'm leveling it on the beta, and without flying in old world, you DO NOT want to level it, it would take several 8 hour days to get it to where you could even form Outland or Northrend pieces.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will be available untill cata comes, since many of the things you need wont exist before the world changes in azeroth?? (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) Don't think they will add new stuff for that when cata comes with world changes in azeroth in just 1½ months. Just a guess. I dont know how it was with JC, but many of the items needed for inscription already existed before wotlk came, didn't they?

I would certainly hope that they'd restrict it to people who bought Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Arka90 View Post
    I don't think it will be available untill cata comes, since many of the things you need wont exist before the world changes in azeroth?? (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) Don't think they will add new stuff for that when cata comes with world changes in azeroth in just 1½ months. Just a guess. I dont know how it was with JC, but many of the items needed for inscription already existed before wotlk came, didn't they?
    They existed for both. Lower level JC just needed the Ores and low level gems.

What I meant was when 4.03 hits a week or two before Cataclysm (the patch with the actual cataclysm in it) will it be accessible then, or do you have to buy cataclysm?

Like I stated before, Inscription was available prior to WotLK shipping, due to it being implemented in 3.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26726...eforging-where (a couple posts down)

Archaeology will require Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26726...eforging-where (a couple posts down)

Archaeology will require Cataclysm.
    Awesome, you're the man!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    They existed for both. Lower level JC just needed the Ores and low level gems.

What I meant was when 4.03 hits a week or two before Cataclysm (the patch with the actual cataclysm in it) will it be accessible then, or do you have to buy cataclysm?

Like I stated before, Inscription was available prior to WotLK shipping, due to it being implemented in 3.0.
    I believe that everyone should be able to get archeology even if ya have cata or not. And with wotlk there was only one patch where they added everything (though, they added a patch shortly after to fix some things.. like ret pallies), so I guess that's why it came earlier. In cata they're spliting everything up in 2 patches.

EDIT: Just read what Seabestrivin said, guess I was wrong. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    sad that it will require cata

didnt jc and scribe come with the pre patch rather than the xpack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Jewelcrafting required BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Isn't 4.0.3 actually Cata? Since 4.0.1 is the pre-release patch?
    They're both pre-release patches. 4.0.1 is the class and system changes while 4.0.3 is the Old World changes, new race/class combos, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Jewelcrafting required BC.
    ah ok i guess thats right since the only trainers were in exodar and out land. (to my knowledge)

but yea scribe was able to be done with out wrath

arch would be niiice to have pre patched

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

I don't think JC did since the trainers were all in BC only areas, inscription did come early.
    I can't say this is the only reason it wouldn't but one main difference is inscription could not be maxed without Northrend herbs, likewise if JC was released early, it could not be maxed without BC mats. The way archaeology works you could get to the current cap of 450 in the current world of Azeroth in the few weeks during 4.0.3. You could then have a ton of fragments saved up and as soon as you install cata learn the new training to raise cap to 525, piece your fragments and get server (and world?!) first 525 Archaeology within 1-2 minutes of server launch.