Mastery Question

I keep hearing reforging is a downgrade to some classes atm, like Combat Rogues. I'm wondering how good it is for us. Like should I drop haste for mastery when reforging? :S

I've heard so far its

Hitcap > Agi > Mastery > Haste > Crit

so drop crit for mastery, and haste if you cant drop crit.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The BM mastery is really nice, so nice in fact it was recently nerfed. My BM hunter now does comparable DPS to the other specs more or less (in other words, yes it was nerfed but it still does just fine).

Survival recently had its mastery buffed, but I didn't play with that spec long enough to see if it was any good.

Remember that haste affects your Focus regen, so you don't want to give up too much of it. Just try to balance it all out carefully. My hunter has a ton of excess hit, so I started with that. Also, you can sacrifice crit like the poster above me suggested--you're probably into diminishing returns enough that you'd barely notice.

Haste is still horrible and for MM atleast, Mastery is basically the best stat. With around 30-35% chance to proc Wild Quiver after reforging basically everything to mastery, my second highest attack on Recount was shown to be Wild Quiver. It procs all the time and with heroic Zods Repeating Longbow and crit gems (...), each proc does around 3-4k damage (crit) which is really nice since it in theory should (with my mastery) proc around every third shot (I believe auto-shots count aswell!)

For Marksmanship, I think stat priority will be something like this: Hit -> Mastery (there are no Mastery gems anyway) -> Agility -> Crit -> Haste.

Haste focus regen is really really low and the stat is still not all that good.

I Have 637 Mastery, 850haste, 61% crit unbuffed on Beta at 80 with my Live hunters gear regemmed to Agi, Agi/haste, Agi/Hit.

I found that setup to be the most dps on a target dummy(granted this isnt raid buffed dps idk) doing about 11k as MM and BM and 10.5k as SV.

I reforged all my crit off my gear to mastery except my bracers to hit from the crit rating, then I matched 6 of my 7 blues with 10agi 10hits. Seemd to be a pretty solid setup.

Deleted
    Haste is kinda useless for us at the start. You need about 20% haste to gain ONE MORE FOCUS per second and we are gcd locked at 1 second anyway. Focus Regen rate buff is just so bad(it's direct 1% to 1% conversion). And the buff to cobra/steady casttime is nothing when compared to the boni we get from mastery or other stats.

Ofc numbers can change but atm thats it. Keep in mind that our dots are NOT affected by haste right now, unlike wl dots.

Thats with 85 btw.